Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Phule and Queen

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Since Phule and queen are alive... what if they remake all the armada elites again? maybe in different forms? After all Kane did say they can be "replaced". Would be cool if you ask me.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
DariusMusk on Jul 26, 2017 wrote:
Since Phule and queen are alive... what if they remake all the armada elites again? maybe in different forms? After all Kane did say they can be "replaced". Would be cool if you ask me.
I doubt Phule would but it would be very possible with Queen. I personally hope to see Bishop again, I was sad that our Pirate killed him in Valencia II

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amber hawksong on Jul 29, 2017 wrote:
I doubt Phule would but it would be very possible with Queen. I personally hope to see Bishop again, I was sad that our Pirate killed him in Valencia II
Do we know for sure that he's destroyed? Sure, we see a body on the chessboard from the cut-scene, but was Bishop truly present at the final battle? Or possibly did he send in a "replacement"?

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Maybe The Queen will see Kane's armada elites/soldiers as "failures" since they couldn't get the job done so maybe she will remake the armadas army from the ground up, remaking the clockworks with a drastic change.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
I believe the whole ending of the Armada story early (condensing from 20 Books to 15), was to finish out this story. I don't believe KI will simply bring back the Armada as the main enemy going forward. Especially seeing that Blind Mew was adamant in not giving the players Armada companions while they were still the antagonists (but we have them as companions now).

If there are more books to the story in the works, I suspect they will introduce us to a new enemy and Queen/Phule will play a secondary role.

But who knows, they brought back Malistaire in Wizard101 three times. Maybe bringing back the Armada a third time is the charm???

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Oran from Urz on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
I believe the whole ending of the Armada story early (condensing from 20 Books to 15), was to finish out this story. I don't believe KI will simply bring back the Armada as the main enemy going forward. Especially seeing that Blind Mew was adamant in not giving the players Armada companions while they were still the antagonists (but we have them as companions now).

If there are more books to the story in the works, I suspect they will introduce us to a new enemy and Queen/Phule will play a secondary role.

But who knows, they brought back Malistaire in Wizard101 three times. Maybe bringing back the Armada a third time is the charm???
You never know. I mean you know how many times Malistaire came back in Wizard101? I'm not saying KI will use the same approach as they did for Wizard, but you never know.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Oran from Urz on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:

We are in no way finished with the Armada as a threat to the Spiral. Malistaire isn't even comparable to this. We didn't get rid of the Armada, just their Supreme Commander - and you can bet that we will be seeing him again in a different incarnation.
I'm betting Queen ( possibly Bishop ) & Phule will be driving the second arc, but there's plenty of room for more threats to our pirate.
It's unfortunate that KI buckled to the demand of a few players to get Armada companions ( no, Ms. Rubin, not "everyone" was asking for them ) so now a level 2 pirate can get a Dragoon, which sort of destroys their threat to the player.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
Do we know for sure that he's destroyed? Sure, we see a body on the chessboard from the cut-scene, but was Bishop truly present at the final battle? Or possibly did he send in a "replacement"?
Well, using logic, and Occham's Razor. It is more plausible that Bishop is truly destroyed.
Kane knew we were coming for him, to the point that he had laid a trap not only for us but for Gaspatchio as well.
He thought he was invincible, he thought he would easily win.
Kane had rebuilt Deacon and Rooke because he had to, we had already destroyed them. He even said that it was expensive to rebuild them.

So, why build a second Bishop? The original was still around and perfectly fine, much simpler to include the original Bishop rather build a brand new one. I expect that the Bishop we fought alongside Kane was the original.

As for Bishop building his own replacement, I believe that is also unlikely. Yes, Bishop was a genius and a tinker, but I'm fairly certain that only Kane had the ability to build an elite, and I doubt he would willingly pass that on to any of his creations. It would weaken him in a way.

I expect that all of the elites except for Queen (I still consider that a lazy and uninspired name choice) and Phule have been destroyed at this point.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
Well, using logic, and Occham's Razor. It is more plausible that Bishop is truly destroyed.
Kane knew we were coming for him, to the point that he had laid a trap not only for us but for Gaspatchio as well.
He thought he was invincible, he thought he would easily win.
Kane had rebuilt Deacon and Rooke because he had to, we had already destroyed them. He even said that it was expensive to rebuild them.

So, why build a second Bishop? The original was still around and perfectly fine, much simpler to include the original Bishop rather build a brand new one. I expect that the Bishop we fought alongside Kane was the original.

As for Bishop building his own replacement, I believe that is also unlikely. Yes, Bishop was a genius and a tinker, but I'm fairly certain that only Kane had the ability to build an elite, and I doubt he would willingly pass that on to any of his creations. It would weaken him in a way.

I expect that all of the elites except for Queen (I still consider that a lazy and uninspired name choice) and Phule have been destroyed at this point.
Bishop has at least the skill to build a "replacement"; remember he was the one to design the Dragoons & possibly the Battle Angels . ( As stated in his Rogues Gallery. ) Nor was it necessary for him to instill a intellect for his replacement. I found it very suspicious that he didn't speak to us at all. Not even a sneering "It's not going to end as it did the last time, pirate!"
I think you and I are the only ones disappointed in Queen's name.

Ensign
Jun 25, 2016
I hope they aren't done with the Armada because I absolutely adore them. Their designs are so well done, especially the elites' and the battle angels'. With the cliffhanger Kingsisle left us on with Queen, I hope they're setting up for something more than just Queen and possibly Phule coming back as minor villains.

Since Kane's court was inspired by chess pieces, I was thinking it'd be cool if they'd base Queen's rebuilt inner court off playing or Tarot cards. Seeing as Phule was the odd one out of Kane's court as he didn't have a chess piece counterpart, and thus didn't show up in the final battle, I feel like Kingsisle was sort of setting up for something there. It'd certainly explain Phule's madness, as the Joker has no "suit" in playing cards and the Fool in Tarot is often not considered a part of the plain suit or trump cards thus is completely independent of the two. Not exactly how they'd incorporate the card game theme into the final battle, if they do at all, but it'd be cool to see!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gorgongirl on Aug 5, 2017 wrote:
I hope they aren't done with the Armada because I absolutely adore them. Their designs are so well done, especially the elites' and the battle angels'. With the cliffhanger Kingsisle left us on with Queen, I hope they're setting up for something more than just Queen and possibly Phule coming back as minor villains.

Since Kane's court was inspired by chess pieces, I was thinking it'd be cool if they'd base Queen's rebuilt inner court off playing or Tarot cards. Seeing as Phule was the odd one out of Kane's court as he didn't have a chess piece counterpart, and thus didn't show up in the final battle, I feel like Kingsisle was sort of setting up for something there. It'd certainly explain Phule's madness, as the Joker has no "suit" in playing cards and the Fool in Tarot is often not considered a part of the plain suit or trump cards thus is completely independent of the two. Not exactly how they'd incorporate the card game theme into the final battle, if they do at all, but it'd be cool to see!
Welcome to the Message Boards, gorgongirl!
Actually there's a version of chess called "Jester's Chess" ( played on a 10 x 10 square board ) with an extra piece on the board - the Jester. He is a sort of "wild card" as he has no specific move; he just imitates the move of the last piece played.
However I really like your idea of a Queen's Court based on the Tarot deck ( I assume you mean to use the Major Arcana? )

Ensign
Jun 25, 2016
<quote>Welcome to the Message Boards, gorgongirl! Actually there's a version of chess called "Jester's Chess" ( played on a 10 x 10 square board ) with an extra piece on the board - the Jester. He is a sort of "wild card" as he has no specific move; he just imitates the move of the last piece played. However I really like your idea of a Queen's Court based on the Tarot deck ( I assume you mean to use the Major Arcana? )</quote>

Thank you for the warm welcome, it's a pleasure to be here!

I don't know if this was intentional on Kingsisle's part, but the Jester's Chess info reminded me of a quote in Phule's Rogue's Gallery video: "He is neither General nor Admiral, though he has captained Armada fleets and armies. He is no spymaster, yet he has been involved in espionage and involved in the deepest of Bishop's intrigues." Could his constant switching of roles be inspired by the movement of the Jester piece? Hmm...

I was thinking of the Major Arcana, though it'd probably be hard to make characters to embody some of the cards like the ones of metaphysical ideas (Strength, Justice, etc) or nonhuman objects (The Chariot, Wheel of Fortune, etc), so if they do happen to use the Tarot idea, I'd expect they'd only use the explicitly human designs to base them around and pepper in the others somehow. I doubt they'd just ignore the nonhuman Major Arcana cards.

I still believe it's unlikely Kingsisle would pick up the Tarot idea as they'd be stepping into some territory that could spark controversy, but it's something I like to speculate about it. After all, it makes for great discussion!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
Bishop has at least the skill to build a "replacement"; remember he was the one to design the Dragoons & possibly the Battle Angels . ( As stated in his Rogues Gallery. ) Nor was it necessary for him to instill a intellect for his replacement. I found it very suspicious that he didn't speak to us at all. Not even a sneering "It's not going to end as it did the last time, pirate!"
I think you and I are the only ones disappointed in Queen's name.
I agree that Queen was a lazy choice, but what kind of threat would she have been in they called her "Jennifer"? Since the others were essentially named for chess pieces to keep the pattern they were rather stuck with Queen. I suppose they could have gone for queen in another language. That would have given us Regina, Reyna, Kiralyno, Vasilissa, Konigin, Reine, Kraljica....

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
We are in no way finished with the Armada as a threat to the Spiral. Malistaire isn't even comparable to this. We didn't get rid of the Armada, just their Supreme Commander - and you can bet that we will be seeing him again in a different incarnation.
I'm betting Queen ( possibly Bishop ) & Phule will be driving the second arc, but there's plenty of room for more threats to our pirate.
It's unfortunate that KI buckled to the demand of a few players to get Armada companions ( no, Ms. Rubin, not "everyone" was asking for them ) so now a level 2 pirate can get a Dragoon, which sort of destroys their threat to the player.
I'm pretty sure the only reason the Armada was a threat was because of Kane....and his mind. The real threat the whole time has been whatever is in El Dorado that created Kane's mind. We have no idea who is control of Kane's mind, but I suspect whatever it is.....is in El Dorado.

Sure, the Queen is still running around, that's why I indicated that the Armada will probably be a secondary threat moving along the storyline (just like Malistaire was, after his run in Arc 1 of Wizard101). Besides, the Dreadnaught dungeon and the haywire troops basically scream that the Armada is useless without Kane or the Court (that's why they are now running around "haywire").

If KI wanted the Armada to remain the primary threat in the next arc, I'm sure they wouldn't have severely edited the script like they did from the original storyline. Besides, after 5 years, we need a fresh new face to combat and rejuvenate the story. Bringing the court all back together and "starting over" just doesn't seem to make for a good story and we know Blind Mew could do better than that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
I agree that Queen was a lazy choice, but what kind of threat would she have been in they called her "Jennifer"? Since the others were essentially named for chess pieces to keep the pattern they were rather stuck with Queen. I suppose they could have gone for queen in another language. That would have given us Regina, Reyna, Kiralyno, Vasilissa, Konigin, Reine, Kraljica....
That would have been infinitely better than "Queen" ( yawn ), that name doesn't summon up a threat anymore than "Jennifer" would.

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
I think it would be cool if Phule mentions that Queen is still alive and tells you she is rebuilding the armada elites. but she is not alone. there would be a new threat that she is working with and we'd have to sail to a new world (*looks over at Darkmoor*) to try and stop her only to find out her new help is too strong for us and we'd need to find others who also despise them to help us in our conquest. among the allies would be Polaris, Krokotopia, Grizzlehiem and maybe even Wizard City. and at the final ending when we go to confront this new threat with our new allies Phule would be like "hold on pirate. did you forget about me? I'm among your allies too you know." at that point he joins out crew and helps us in the final battle vs Queen and her allies.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2013
the minutemen on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
I think it would be cool if Phule mentions that Queen is still alive and tells you she is rebuilding the armada elites. but she is not alone. there would be a new threat that she is working with and we'd have to sail to a new world (*looks over at Darkmoor*) to try and stop her only to find out her new help is too strong for us and we'd need to find others who also despise them to help us in our conquest. among the allies would be Polaris, Krokotopia, Grizzlehiem and maybe even Wizard City. and at the final ending when we go to confront this new threat with our new allies Phule would be like "hold on pirate. did you forget about me? I'm among your allies too you know." at that point he joins out crew and helps us in the final battle vs Queen and her allies.
if that happened, it would be really cool, but I think that KI is going to make a new antagonist. It might be some sort of secret clockwork elite but I think that queen will be minor and since phule dislikes her (and possibly her new ally as well) he will be our ally and with him, we go on a large adventure to gather pieces for an ultimate weapon (possibly originally bishop's design and phule found out from spying) that would defeat the queen and her new ally once and for all, but then the stormgate to el dorado shows up, and out of it appears a new rebuilt kane,(now known as the clockwork overlord) who uses his new abilities to throw us to skull island and create a huge fortress in el dorado itself and gives us the map, saying to come attack him, if we dare, and then after getting a royal butt whoopin, we embark on a journey to find the one material that the clockwork overlord is weak to, and then forge a weapon, (guns, sabre, axe, sword and shield, or a staff) out of the aforementioned material, and use it to defeat the clockwork overlord!

Ensign
Apr 24, 2013
the minutemen on Aug 18, 2017 wrote:
And even if that DID happen, wouldn't phule be ripped apart due to one half being loyal to you, the other to queen

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
Rodrigo Robets on Aug 31, 2017 wrote:
And even if that DID happen, wouldn't phule be ripped apart due to one half being loyal to you, the other to queen
I think his dark half would rather die than ally with Kane and Queen again since Kane's new world had no room for Phule in it and therefore Phule betrays them and helps us.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
The armada could honestly win the war by making armada marines walk to the end of a chess board single file. /sarcasm

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Vulorian, you ask a good question. Soon after Kane's defeat, we realize that the Armada clockworks are not removed as a threat, just no longer under the rule of Kane. In our view of the rogue clockworks in Skull Island, the clockworks seem to be locked in the struggle that comes after a sudden power vacuum, with no discernible leader emerging (as we do not know about Queen). We could reasonably expect that present Armada strongholds will not just go away, though we have a fair chance of pitting one side against another if we can get information, weakening the power structure thereby and letting outside forces then have a chance for success. The strength of the rogue Armada also suggests that Armada soldiers are indeed still being built... if in the future we see the design measurably 'improved upon', our pirates should start to worry.

I would expect Phule to be mostly on the sidelines, watching, occasionally interfering on either side as it pleases him - a true trickster, like 'Coyote' or 'Raven', sometimes acting to good or ill - but probably not creating. He is the first creation of Kane, and being 'imperfect' probably does not have Kane's creative powers. I don't think Deacon or Rooke had such abilities either, and as for Bishop, he seems to only been able to make devices & war machines; improved soldiers, yes, but not Elite 'children.

Queen is another matter. (And yes, I confess I too was disappointed in her name, though perhaps an intentional device to show that Kane - Mr. I-am-too-perfect-for-the-Spiral - had strong limits in his imagination). She being the creation with which Kane was most pleased, the child that seems destined to displace her parent, I think it is likely she can create. Gorgongirl presents a most interesting idea of Queen's possible creations, and I suspect that should Queen make her own Elites, they may well be on a completely different 'template' than the vision Kane had.

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
I think that Queen will make Kane again but his new name is K4n3 and holding the trident of the skyways. he claims Queen as "imperfect" and kills her.

Phule barely escapes K4n3's wrath.

Phule helps you search for the (gun or staff or pitchfork or sword or blades) of the spiral so you can combat K4n3

and you get Phule as a companion