Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Covering Fire. New power?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I have a suggestion for a Pirate101 power which is already in the game and you probably don't even remember it exists.

The first sigil in Marleybone has enemies with a power they have called covering fire.

So what is covering fire, I have the best possible explanation below.

Covering fire appears to be a talent which some of the high tier Radical Foxes have and when an enemy comes in a 1 square radius of them the Fox performs a scatter blast in that direction, any enemy caught in the blast has their movement speed reduced.

It's a cool power which combined with Crossfire rank 3 could be a terrifying curse placed upon a meme unit.

I believe that it would be nice to see this power become available to Bonnie Anne in a future promotion quest or the Musketeer Class?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
I have a suggestion for a Pirate101 power which is already in the game and you probably don't even remember it exists.

The first sigil in Marleybone has enemies with a power they have called covering fire.

So what is covering fire, I have the best possible explanation below.

Covering fire appears to be a talent which some of the high tier Radical Foxes have and when an enemy comes in a 1 square radius of them the Fox performs a scatter blast in that direction, any enemy caught in the blast has their movement speed reduced.

It's a cool power which combined with Crossfire rank 3 could be a terrifying curse placed upon a meme unit.

I believe that it would be nice to see this power become available to Bonnie Anne in a future promotion quest or the Musketeer Class?
Oh no! Not for the musket class! It would be just fine for Bonnie Anne ( or other musket companions ).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 9, 2017 wrote:
Oh no! Not for the musket class! It would be just fine for Bonnie Anne ( or other musket companions ).
I've never played musketeer so I don't know what the problem would be with giving the musketeer class this power.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
I've never played musketeer so I don't know what the problem would be with giving the musketeer class this power.
I suppose you would be in support of my buckler getting Swing's dynamite attack? We generally don't get "special powers" demonstrated by mobs or bosses.

Community Leader
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
Musket as a class is already pretty strong. Without too much effort they can get Overwatch 3-5, Burst Fire 2, Double Tap 3, Quick Draw 3, and possibly other niche epics like Parting Shot. They also have access to a variety of AOE trick shots and bombs. Giving them Covering Fire as an epic would be a bit much imo. I'd tolerate it if it was an actual power, not an epic talent (Basically a scatterblast with range 3 that reduces accuracy instead of dodge)

Personally, I think it would be best to give it to a lower tier musket companion, such as Louis LeBisque as either an epic talent OR a power. He doesn't get much love in 1v1 pvp, and it'd be cool to see him get another unique power to make up for his lower damage output

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
I suppose you would be in support of my buckler getting Swing's dynamite attack? We generally don't get "special powers" demonstrated by mobs or bosses.
I don't remember swings special attack.

After all these powers can go to a companion.

Matthew thanks for telling me more about musketeer and the power could probably work as a one time use or it could be great for a companion