Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best class

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 27, 2012
? Which one is better I've watch the videos but can decide and I do group. Is privy good for heals or swashbuckler for damage or musk for traps I don't know

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Zeus Skyfather on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
? Which one is better I've watch the videos but can decide and I do group. Is privy good for heals or swashbuckler for damage or musk for traps I don't know
This has been debated throughout the existence of Pirate101 and the answer is: ALL OF THEM!
All have advantages that make them powerful and difficult to beat.
All have disadvantages that make them vulnerable to certain attacks.
Privy is best at support and healing.
Muskets have the best ranged attacks.
Buccaneers have the sheer strength to hit and to take hits.
Swashbucklers have the advantage of hidden strikes and poisons.
Witchdoctors have a combination of ranged & melee hits from Hoodoo, they also have the best summons.
Please don't open this can of worms by saying one class is superior to another and other classes are trash......

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Welcome to the Forums!

The classes were not designed in such a way to be able to say one is better then the others. They all server a different purpose, and all have strengths and weaknesses.

Buccaneer: Survives for a long time, good at rushing the opponents, good damage (Play if you want to rush at opponents and kill them with raw strength)

Musketeer: Medium ranged damage, traps, barricades (Play if you want to trick and confuse your opponents with traps and barriers, along with constant fire from a gun)

Privateer: Healing, buffs, defensive skills, weapon choice is very flexible, companion choice is very flexible (Play if you want to support your team without doing the dirty work)

Swashbuckler: High movement, high damage, invisibility skills (Play if you want to deal the most damage to a crowd of enemies as fast as possible)

Witchdoctor: Many spells, high damage, debuffing, summons, companion choice is very flexible (Play if you want to summon helpers, deal a lot of damage from far away, and put powerful debuffs on your opponents)

This is just a general overview of the classes. I am currently questing with my Privateer and loving it! Whatever you choose to stick with, best of luck, and I hope this helped!

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Zeus Skyfather on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
I agree. All of them are great.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2017
Ensign
Apr 22, 2017
Not to gloat but witchdoctor is awesome but thats just my opinion.
Im a level 43 mooshu witchdoctor but i have a friend thats level 69 and in valencia part 2.
It really matters on opinion and skill.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
ricemann on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
its witchdoctor
The can has been opened.

Ensign
Apr 22, 2017
PiratePablo1 on Jul 17, 2017 wrote:
The can has been opened.
yep