Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Role Play must STOP

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jun 30, 2017 wrote:
I am in the middle of shifting houses today. I will send them as soon as I get Internet back on my pc. Sorry for the delay
Ah well it's gonna take 12 days until I get wireless. If anyone wants to mail KI about restricting common phrases used in creative profanity mail to this email adress: community@pirate101.com. I will also report in 12 days. In your mail include a link to this thread and a statement that Jack himself finds it important, as well as a list of common creative profanity phrases used and thier respective swear words.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
I definitely agree, but what about the nonmembers that are children and don't have money but want to keep Pirate101 a safe and happy place? Several of my friends have told me that there's been bad activity, but because they're nonmembers they can't report them! I do not tolerate that.
While I believe there a many children who do have the maturity to act responsibly, in general, older players are less apt to "snap" when goaded.
There was a time when this game was new that non-members could report; this is now not the case. Perhaps there were too many false reports coming in and KI couldn't keep up.
Another suggestion would be; just as when crowns are purchased, a nonmember can post on these boards, so maybe a crowns purchase can un-lock reporting ( for that month ) without an age restriction?
I believe our Message Boards Leaders would make excellent Mods ( Like Virtuous Vanessa. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 1, 2017 wrote:
I agree I've been really wronged by KI's report system before

I saw a group of people inappropriately role playing in a bush one day and it was just the worst thing I have seen on the game to date, so I walked right over to them and simply said I was going to report them, they kind of laughed it off and I tried to report them realising my membership had ended and I couldn't, then they reported me!

I got an email from kingsisle saying that if I "do something like that again" I can get a permanent ban

Not only is the system useless but it's used against good players
What1? You can get in trouble for simply threatening to report someone? Or I wonder what they said your offence was. I thought the dialogue was reviewed when a report is made?
Clearly, this system is open for abuse.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
andrecp300 on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
Oh dear, this is not ok! Why on Earth can't non members use the report system? I mean if a non member has issues with another player they should be able to report them but, nope.... Oh well, Kingsisle is always trying to improve their games so let's hope for the best.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meet me in game as
Andrew Silver (Name used in both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101)
Scott Emmett (Pirate 101)
Alexander Darkgem (Wizard 101)
Welcome to the Message Boards, Andrew!

I agree; that's not good.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
andrecp300 on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
Oh dear, this is not ok! Why on Earth can't non members use the report system? I mean if a non member has issues with another player they should be able to report them but, nope.... Oh well, Kingsisle is always trying to improve their games so let's hope for the best.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meet me in game as
Andrew Silver (Name used in both Pirate 101 and Wizard 101)
Scott Emmett (Pirate 101)
Alexander Darkgem (Wizard 101)
I believe the issue with non-members not being able to report is that it would be abused more than it would be effective. Imagine someone making numerous level 1 characters (50+) all to report and harass you in short amount of time.

Now, if it could be tied to how long you've played the game that mitigate the issue above.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
What1? You can get in trouble for simply threatening to report someone? Or I wonder what they said your offence was. I thought the dialogue was reviewed when a report is made?
Clearly, this system is open for abuse.
Ironically I assume they would've titled my offence as "abuse"

Anyway it's kinda a pain becuase if something like that happens again I could lose my whole account

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
There is a way for non members to report someone. While the offending behavior is going on, enlarge your chat window in game so more text can be seen and then take a screenshot. Then use the Help/Contact Support/Contact Us links on this web page and attach your screenshot to the report. Be sure to let them know the date and time of day the event happened so they can review the proper chat logs.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
While I believe there a many children who do have the maturity to act responsibly, in general, older players are less apt to "snap" when goaded.
There was a time when this game was new that non-members could report; this is now not the case. Perhaps there were too many false reports coming in and KI couldn't keep up.
Another suggestion would be; just as when crowns are purchased, a nonmember can post on these boards, so maybe a crowns purchase can un-lock reporting ( for that month ) without an age restriction?
I believe our Message Boards Leaders would make excellent Mods ( Like Virtuous Vanessa. )
I agree, Esperanza: Message Boards Leaders would be fantastic Moderators!

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017

I saw a group of people inappropriately role playing in a bush one day and it was just the worst thing I have seen on the game to date, so I walked right over to them and simply said I was going to report them, they kind of laughed it off and I tried to report them realising my membership had ended and I couldn't, then they reported me!

I got an email from kingsisle saying that if I "do something like that again" I can get a permanent ban

I am aware of players this has happened to before. A group of other players have reported them en masse when they have done nothing wrong (other than making a comment these players do not like). This false reporting en masse should be punished with a complete ban for a few days in order to prevent this sort of malicious behaviour.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009

When you said you got an an email warning you not to do something like that again, was it an in game message to your pirate, or was it an email to your email account outside the game, from King's Isle's account? I ask because I think when you are reported, there is an automated in game message about it. If what you received was in game, that is probably all it was, automated. If so, don't worry about the false report, because KI has the logs of what happened, and it is the others who false reported that probably got their own warnings or penalties later, when the moderators reviewed the log. It might be nice if One-Eyed Jack could remind people and confirm this, since I've seen Darius, a long time player, and Fluffycats6683, a new sounding player with exactly one post, both worrying about this recently.
In my experience, on both Pirate and on Wizard (including the situations that led to Wizard creating Hall Monitors), confronting these habitual trolls only gives them what they want, conflict and validation that they are bothering someone. They WANT to be noticed and upset people; that's why they hang out in Avery's Court and the wizard Commons. If they wanted to just chat with each other like that, they'd go somewhere else, where people wouldn't interrupt and report them, though KI can still see it and mute them. Confronting them pulls you into it. If they step over the line and violate the terms, just report them. That lets KI deal with them. It is very, very rare that the Avery's Court or Commons troll is a new player trying it out and unaware of what KI can do about it. Usually they are bragging about other accounts that were muted or banned.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pin Drop on Jul 4, 2017 wrote:
I am aware of players this has happened to before. A group of other players have reported them en masse when they have done nothing wrong (other than making a comment these players do not like). This false reporting en masse should be punished with a complete ban for a few days in order to prevent this sort of malicious behaviour.
The best thing to do in a situation like this is not to approach them, or tell them what they are doing is wrong. They will simply retaliate.
Just report them and get the heck away! Let KI tell them what they did was a "no-no" and punish them. If you can't report them, then "ignore" and get away from them quickly, no reason to stick around for abuse or false reports.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Calamity Finch on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
When you said you got an an email warning you not to do something like that again, was it an in game message to your pirate, or was it an email to your email account outside the game, from King's Isle's account? I ask because I think when you are reported, there is an automated in game message about it. If what you received was in game, that is probably all it was, automated. If so, don't worry about the false report, because KI has the logs of what happened, and it is the others who false reported that probably got their own warnings or penalties later, when the moderators reviewed the log. It might be nice if One-Eyed Jack could remind people and confirm this, since I've seen Darius, a long time player, and Fluffycats6683, a new sounding player with exactly one post, both worrying about this recently.
In my experience, on both Pirate and on Wizard (including the situations that led to Wizard creating Hall Monitors), confronting these habitual trolls only gives them what they want, conflict and validation that they are bothering someone. They WANT to be noticed and upset people; that's why they hang out in Avery's Court and the wizard Commons. If they wanted to just chat with each other like that, they'd go somewhere else, where people wouldn't interrupt and report them, though KI can still see it and mute them. Confronting them pulls you into it. If they step over the line and violate the terms, just report them. That lets KI deal with them. It is very, very rare that the Avery's Court or Commons troll is a new player trying it out and unaware of what KI can do about it. Usually they are bragging about other accounts that were muted or banned.
I got an email about it which basically said I was on thin ice

It's a really downer

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
@One eyed jack

i saw you told someone else to send you a list of words earlier in the thread and since reporting doesnt seem to ever do anything can i send you screenshots of a guy who bought an account, account shared, payed someone to farm on his account, and all this after having his own account muted? hes been plaguing the pvp community for years now on his multiple accounts others have given him

Administrator
zuto4011a on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
@One eyed jack

i saw you told someone else to send you a list of words earlier in the thread and since reporting doesnt seem to ever do anything can i send you screenshots of a guy who bought an account, account shared, payed someone to farm on his account, and all this after having his own account muted? hes been plaguing the pvp community for years now on his multiple accounts others have given him
yes. If you have evidence, please send it along.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
Golden Guardian on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
I agree. Today 3 pirates, Serious Joshua Nightingale, his sister/gf idk Darling Destiny, and some Winter PvP champion Blake/Blaze Jackson or something decided to gang up on me. Nearly every sentence was filled with a synonym of the word donkey, with prefixes of "dumb" and "stupid", they discussed how to beat me up to death in real life brutally, how I would sell "things" on ebay and more, whilst claiming how old and mature they were whilst I was an annoying kid. Time for p101 to make our own version of hall mods, "Court Captains".
_________________________________________________________________________________________

In regards to relationship roleplay, why? Just why? So much cringe. I thought I left that as a kid playing Club Penguin. Everyday in that game some penguin asks "any guys/girls there", and that stupid emoticon was being abused. Now p101 has nearly reached, if not surpassed, this level of craziness.

One thing can be certain. Hall mods are needed. ASAP!
Well I had the pleasure of removing them off my list about a week ago.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
yes. If you have evidence, please send it along.
He paid somebody to farm? Wow why on earth would it be that important?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
@One eyed jack

What I find astonishing is that this player trusts another person with their account information, then pays them to farm for him - lol, most people would just pocket the money and say "Yeah, I've farmed, but nothing has dropped yet, dude."

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
He paid somebody to farm? Wow why on earth would it be that important?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
on both accounts too lol, shosho's and saishu's are real pains to get

Ensign
Dec 03, 2015
This seems to be common in most 'family friendly' games, where kids ( and the odd - and I do mean odd - adult) look for 'relationships' they can act out.

I play a few Teen/Adult games, and you rarely see this type of thing.

I would advise to have in-game Mods as suggested above, or code the software to pick up any sexual/abusive content from the players. Misspelled words in chat seem to be a thing here, so incorporate those variations as well.
Suspend players on their first infraction, and this behavior will stop. Our IPs are logged in your software already, so suspend the IP.
It may sound a bit harsh, but I believe if parents knew how their kids were behaving on your games, they would back you completely.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2017
I have noticed that Avery chat is becoming increasingly hostile, and many people I know actively avoid it. As others have said, it really require the presence of a mod during prime time and a few warnings to stem the worst excesses of behaviour.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
The worst person I have encountered on Pirate101 so far was one guy saying he needed a "Girl fry" My reaction to stuff like that is usually "What in the world?" but this time around I just lost it from laughter. I forgot to report him though.

Another game called ROBLOX has this worse, there are every now and then people like that (Less now, cause there are less roleplay games!) But back in 2013, online daters were EVERYWHERE. I confronted one telling her it was against the rules and all she did was spam "So?" and another one went all "GEEZ MR SAFETY" on me, I reported both of them and they were both telling me "Leave the game lightning!" (lightning is in my username) as I mentioned, they are far less common now, but our main problem right now is a whole twitter account that posts inappropriate pictures of famous users on the game. These people are everywhere, and before I report them, I like to read what they are saying before I do, and when they cross the line, I report them faster than you can say "Turtle"

Order now and get your free Darkmoordude plush! Which hasn't come out yet... -THE Darkmoordude

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Yes, one person was telling me all about his "in-game girlfriend" and I was just shaking my head. I literally told him Pirate101 is not for relationships whatsoever.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
darkmoordude on Jul 11, 2017 wrote:
The worst person I have encountered on Pirate101 so far was one guy saying he needed a "Girl fry" My reaction to stuff like that is usually "What in the world?" but this time around I just lost it from laughter. I forgot to report him though.

Another game called ROBLOX has this worse, there are every now and then people like that (Less now, cause there are less roleplay games!) But back in 2013, online daters were EVERYWHERE. I confronted one telling her it was against the rules and all she did was spam "So?" and another one went all "GEEZ MR SAFETY" on me, I reported both of them and they were both telling me "Leave the game lightning!" (lightning is in my username) as I mentioned, they are far less common now, but our main problem right now is a whole twitter account that posts inappropriate pictures of famous users on the game. These people are everywhere, and before I report them, I like to read what they are saying before I do, and when they cross the line, I report them faster than you can say "Turtle"

Order now and get your free Darkmoordude plush! Which hasn't come out yet... -THE Darkmoordude
Honestly I used to play that game since 2012, but I stopped playing. You can't stop those people there just too many...

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I've had more than my fair share of experiences down the road of role-play and frankly I agree with the sentiments of harsher punishments for players acting inappropriately. Pirate101 is a family game; kids shouldn't run the risk of being exposed to "adult" language or situations, but it's becoming increasingly common. I shouldn't have had to make a couple of alt pirates so I could play the game in peace. I shouldn't be worried about meeting new pirates or chatting in groups in case those people show different colors halfway through. I shouldn't be asked every other week by a random stranger if I want to be "their girl". It's ridiculous. It's disgusting. It needs to stop.

People need to take a moment to look at their choices and if those choices aren't in line with P101's values, find another game where those choices are more appropriate. That, or KI needs to step up their moderation game and reporting system to deal with the rule-breakers. I'd hate to see Pirate101 turn into Wizard101, where every realm is filled with vulgar conversations that go unpunished.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
Ah well it's gonna take 12 days until I get wireless. If anyone wants to mail KI about restricting common phrases used in creative profanity mail to this email adress: community@pirate101.com. I will also report in 12 days. In your mail include a link to this thread and a statement that Jack himself finds it important, as well as a list of common creative profanity phrases used and thier respective swear words.
Well my internet is back , and just informing you Jack I sent a list. I will mail you more if I find more words / phrases used in creative profanity.