Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vigenère & Salt

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 09, 2016
In case you're wondering the meaning behind the bad joke, it's a play on the flavour of crisps: salt and vinegar.

But with that out of the way, heya! A while back, ValkoorTheVictorious made a post using anagrams of related words (specifically, companion names). I loved the idea and had this idea on the backburner for a while, and here you go. In case you didn't know, the Vigenère cipher is an encryption method using a set of interwoven Caesar ciphers, all based on a keyword. Well, I'm actually giving you the keyword: "pirate". You can use a decryption site if you'd like, but I would encourage you to decode these on your own. However, rather than these be companion names, they're the names of worlds. Here they are:

• Hslle Mhtrnw, xwm falmh.
  • Ufnjyxaka, mlt pflr ppvu.
  • Vtptvtit, ppvu oy wiwimr wzqvs.
  • Vsdt Iaggw, bye pmal wrhriqvr.
  • FsdAyu, mlt jvanxxnll cesm.
  • Dakptgsogi, ipv gkipb vmimgm.
  • Rqnmai, cagh dn xoww.

Don't feel discouraged! I admit my explanation on the cipher was bad, but it's easy to understand. It's not hard in any sense of the word. Cheers!

Administrator
This is a fun challenge and sure to be a hit; however, I'm going to have to stop this one. Decrypting messages is a step too far for our moderators.

Sorry, but I hope you all understand.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*