Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which NPC do you wish was your companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
Okay, to start things off, I don't mean the Armada (or any "big boss"), since they are the backbone of Pirate101's storyline...it's like saying (if there were companions in Wizard101 for example,) you'd want Malistaire or Morganthe to be your companion. It just doesn't seem right.

Back to the topic..I feel like Hopper the froggie from the Ancient Ruins would be a hilarious companion. I remember the first time I had to talk to him when my crew and I were looking for Gortez. Ah, good times. His lines are funny and his voice just tops it. (Kudos to the voice actor!) He definitely stands out of the game for me simply because #1. His surfer accent is unique compared to the hundreds of British/Spanish/Scottish...(basically any western/southern European accent) NPCs. #2 He basically introduced me to the Armada, calling them "the hollow men...gears and wires, man" and Ancient ruins was where you get a first glimpse of them, besides the tutorial. I feel like if he was on my crew and we encountered some sort of clockwork dungeon/boss, he'd say "Dude, why are these hollow dudes always out to get us, man? They really need to chillax, you know? Captain, you like, totally need to stop them, man!".

So, which NPC in the game would you want on your crew?
or should I ask--
Dude, who'd like, totally rock your crew man?
Autumn Moonstone

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Mann the Dog Hunter

Crokagator Dundee

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Autumn Moonstone on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
Okay, to start things off, I don't mean the Armada (or any "big boss"), since they are the backbone of Pirate101's storyline...it's like saying (if there were companions in Wizard101 for example,) you'd want Malistaire or Morganthe to be your companion. It just doesn't seem right.

Back to the topic..I feel like Hopper the froggie from the Ancient Ruins would be a hilarious companion. I remember the first time I had to talk to him when my crew and I were looking for Gortez. Ah, good times. His lines are funny and his voice just tops it. (Kudos to the voice actor!) He definitely stands out of the game for me simply because #1. His surfer accent is unique compared to the hundreds of British/Spanish/Scottish...(basically any western/southern European accent) NPCs. #2 He basically introduced me to the Armada, calling them "the hollow men...gears and wires, man" and Ancient ruins was where you get a first glimpse of them, besides the tutorial. I feel like if he was on my crew and we encountered some sort of clockwork dungeon/boss, he'd say "Dude, why are these hollow dudes always out to get us, man? They really need to chillax, you know? Captain, you like, totally need to stop them, man!".

So, which NPC in the game would you want on your crew?
or should I ask--
Dude, who'd like, totally rock your crew man?
Autumn Moonstone
I would absolutely to have Hopper and as I believe he's a WD, I would simply MUST have him for my WD!
Hmmm, now who else?
Crokogator Dundee, of course! His Aussie accent also separates him from the others.

Ensign
Jun 07, 2016
ok i'm thinking one eyed jack maybe? he's got the guts. +what about boochbeard where did he go you don't see him after tutorial

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KiddNoName on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
ok i'm thinking one eyed jack maybe? he's got the guts. +what about boochbeard where did he go you don't see him after tutorial
You'll see him in a couple of crowd scenes in Cool Ranch and Marleybone - keep your eyes peeled!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would also like a Warf Rat Rake ( try saying that 3 times in a row ). A ranged swashie would be nice to have.