Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story contradiction

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 13, 2011
May I point out that in the June 2016 Newsletter (www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/june2016), it says that "Mike threw himself in front of a musket volley aimed at Jenny, and died instantly.", whereas in Dead Mike's first promotion quest, he says that he was killed by a knife rather than a musket.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TweedleTwins on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
May I point out that in the June 2016 Newsletter (www.pirate101.com/free_game/newsletter/june2016), it says that "Mike threw himself in front of a musket volley aimed at Jenny, and died instantly.", whereas in Dead Mike's first promotion quest, he says that he was killed by a knife rather than a musket.
Yes, we know. I have speculated that a traumatic death caused Dead Mike to forget his true death, after all the "Water of Life" quest asked for the weapon that caused his death, well obviously he got the wrong weapon!
See Post: "Dead Mike is my Daddy?"

Ensign
May 13, 2011
So that's why the ritual fails! I had assumed it was just extremely unreliable, described as "as fickle as fate itself".

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013