Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Next Update - What will it Bring?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm 100% sure we'll be getting an update this year, but what kind of update will it be?
1. Start of Arc 2 story update: I'm not so sure that it will be a story line update, it's been almost a year since the teasers for VA2, I'm not sure that KI could have this kind of update ready for us.
2. Side world update: This is possible, and we already have a reason to go exploring side worlds - our mother's diaries: Bob Carrington, "Your mother's diaries show the locations of over a dozen treasures she collected in her life time..." And we have almost a dozen worlds mentioned in our part of the Spiral.
So why should we have a side world update? For experience and a learning curve so that we're better prepared to face the challenges of an Arc 2 update. Remember all the complaints of VA2 difficulty? A side world update with a sprinkling of difficult enemies would be a training ground for this.
3. A Side Content update: I've been hoping for this for a very long time. I'm fairly sure we'll be seeing side content as part of an update or as a stand alone update. Crafting, Gardening and Fishing would add greatly to the enjoyment of this game and it would have this advantage - it wouldn't be just for the max level pirate, all pirates would gain from this kind of update.
The only thing I worry about is the reaction of the storyline gamers; will they reject this kind of update as "fluff" and leave P101 in disappointment?
What do you think, pirates?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I am really, really, really, really hoping for some sort of side content, be it Crafting, Fishing or some other activity to keep pirates playing and in-game. Granted, some of us keep busy questing on second and third accounts, etc., updating the Central wiki pages, etc., etc., but for those who don't want to or cannot afford multiple accounts, it would be awesome.

Maybe they could combine the crafting or forging with ship improvement, which is another feature that people have been asking for.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
I'm 100% sure we'll be getting an update this year, but what kind of update will it be?
1. Start of Arc 2 story update: I'm not so sure that it will be a story line update, it's been almost a year since the teasers for VA2, I'm not sure that KI could have this kind of update ready for us.
2. Side world update: This is possible, and we already have a reason to go exploring side worlds - our mother's diaries: Bob Carrington, "Your mother's diaries show the locations of over a dozen treasures she collected in her life time..." And we have almost a dozen worlds mentioned in our part of the Spiral.
So why should we have a side world update? For experience and a learning curve so that we're better prepared to face the challenges of an Arc 2 update. Remember all the complaints of VA2 difficulty? A side world update with a sprinkling of difficult enemies would be a training ground for this.
3. A Side Content update: I've been hoping for this for a very long time. I'm fairly sure we'll be seeing side content as part of an update or as a stand alone update. Crafting, Gardening and Fishing would add greatly to the enjoyment of this game and it would have this advantage - it wouldn't be just for the max level pirate, all pirates would gain from this kind of update.
The only thing I worry about is the reaction of the storyline gamers; will they reject this kind of update as "fluff" and leave P101 in disappointment?
YES! I'll have a side world with a side of crafting please! Another thing i would like to see is a team-up kiosk
that would be great for everybody. I really hope storyline players do not leave in a shower of salt without a brand spankin' new story update. Guys jus- just have some patience? Please?

with love, Generous Chris Vane

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
A game friend pointed out to me last night that there is a badge for reaching nautical Level 80 despite Level 70 being max level. Could this be a clue? There is also a Stormgate to Polaris and a Stormgate called storm gate that don't go anywhere, in addition to around 6 other unnamed stormgates.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
To be honest, I don't care what we get as long as it's not 99% recycled content.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
May look promising Fair Lass.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Side content update.

Something to attract new players to the lower levels of the game. Crafting or fishing most likely.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Well I have an imagination that could utilise all 3 aspects you listed. My idea is a side world update that not only brings new enemies and a side world/area, but in this world pirates will discover crafting. It is called the under realm or the grave yard of ships. The ultimate purpose is to make a side world where pirates learn new skills. So let me explain a bit more:

1.) The first under realm we will discover will be right beneath skull island and will be accessible to level 50+. Once pirates reach level 50 a mysterious island (not too big) will rise from underneath the unknown skies. This island has massive ladders that reach well below the skyway. Avery summons pirates and says he feared this very day. He secretly knew and told no one that there is a legend of a unknown dangerous world far beneath the skyways of skull island. Well being adventurous and curious, we finally explore. The under realm is not rock bottom. There are many massive solid foundations surrounded by thunderous skies. A pirate lord named Bavery (guess who he is) summons us and tells us this world is dangerous. Here lies the undead, broken armada soldiers and many more things.

2.) Well as we explore the under realm we find enemies are extremely hard. We need new methods of fighting. It's time to introduce Gimor Lee, the crafter of this world. He will teach us how to craft weapons etc. These weapons will ease combat. Here galleons are also no use, we need a new method of transport to battle in thunderous skies. Let me introduce the dragon. Now pirates can ride dragons as well as ships. Dragons have low health but high damage. You cannot board ships with a dragon, only destroy ships or be destroyed. There will be a mega sea serphent turret boss here as well. Also there are stormgates to dark worlds here.

3.) We find pages in our mothers diary in the last quest here to visit urgently visit Polaris for unknown reasons. This will be the slight start of arc 2. Polaris will be the real start.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
Well I have an imagination that could utilise all 3 aspects you listed. My idea is a side world update that not only brings new enemies and a side world/area, but in this world pirates will discover crafting. It is called the under realm or the grave yard of ships. The ultimate purpose is to make a side world where pirates learn new skills. So let me explain a bit more:

1.) The first under realm we will discover will be right beneath skull island and will be accessible to level 50+. Once pirates reach level 50 a mysterious island (not too big) will rise from underneath the unknown skies. This island has massive ladders that reach well below the skyway. Avery summons pirates and says he feared this very day. He secretly knew and told no one that there is a legend of a unknown dangerous world far beneath the skyways of skull island. Well being adventurous and curious, we finally explore. The under realm is not rock bottom. There are many massive solid foundations surrounded by thunderous skies. A pirate lord named Bavery (guess who he is) summons us and tells us this world is dangerous. Here lies the undead, broken armada soldiers and many more things.

2.) Well as we explore the under realm we find enemies are extremely hard. We need new methods of fighting. It's time to introduce Gimor Lee, the crafter of this world. He will teach us how to craft weapons etc. These weapons will ease combat. Here galleons are also no use, we need a new method of transport to battle in thunderous skies. Let me introduce the dragon. Now pirates can ride dragons as well as ships. Dragons have low health but high damage. You cannot board ships with a dragon, only destroy ships or be destroyed. There will be a mega sea serphent turret boss here as well. Also there are stormgates to dark worlds here.

3.) We find pages in our mothers diary in the last quest here to visit urgently visit Polaris for unknown reasons. This will be the slight start of arc 2. Polaris will be the real start.
A very imaginative and creative story! Thanks for contributing.
But if we do get Crafting, I'm hoping that its run on the Wizard101 model. Players there can begin crafting at level 5 with harder crafting recipes as they progress through the craft quests.
That way all pirates can enjoy the creative aspects of making your own gear, housing items and eventually houses. ( & maybe ships and ship gear! )

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Feb 7, 2017 wrote:
A very imaginative and creative story! Thanks for contributing.
But if we do get Crafting, I'm hoping that its run on the Wizard101 model. Players there can begin crafting at level 5 with harder crafting recipes as they progress through the craft quests.
That way all pirates can enjoy the creative aspects of making your own gear, housing items and eventually houses. ( & maybe ships and ship gear! )
Still trying to create a good pet. Crafting sounds hideous. *looks at stitching needles* But I guess if it comes I'll try it out but I can't promise anything LOL.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
Still trying to create a good pet. Crafting sounds hideous. *looks at stitching needles* But I guess if it comes I'll try it out but I can't promise anything LOL.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
The hard part about crafting is gathering the materials needed for the recipe, but only if those materials are especially rare.
The actual method of crafting is easy.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I'm kinda hoping for gardening and a side world I'd love to see how they make gardening animations in pirate101 but I think this year they probably make a event like the five boxes or lost page in wizards since the first story arc just ended but you never know only thing I'm wonder is since Kane's brain is missing and queen is in possible hiding what is arc two is going to be like and what we will be doing can't wait to find out

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Personally, I would love to see a side world or (maybe) a storyline update. Even though I played Wizard101 for a while, I don't think I ever got into crafting, fishing, or gardening. (At least not that I can remember, it's been a while since I've even logged into Wizard.) I wouldn't be totally against crafting, it might even be sorta fun... maybe. So long as we get some sort of new content to keep us entertained I'll be satisfied. (I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get a new world soon, if not this year than the next.)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm also very hopeful for a new pack( s ) and bundle.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Hopefully it adds darkmoor or krokotopia as the next world and removes that delay in online mode. You know if two players move at the exact same time on each players screen the other player will appear to move 2 seconds after instead of right when they moved. You only really notice it when you have 2 computers next to each other both playing p101.

Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
I would love to see crafting added to the game. It would be fun to make your own gear, ships, and houses.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
1. Agreed, highly unlikely given the length of time that's passed since Valencia 2 was released.
2. Plausible. A side world would also just be a nice change of pace for a change. New stories to tell, new companions to recruit and of course new enemies to fight and beat as well also.
3. Again, plausible, and if the storyline-only players don't like it then who cares? We could use some non-storyline related stuff for a change if you ask me personally.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
I doubt we are getting a side world anytime soon, as cool as it would be. I am expecting either a new world or some side content, maybe using of some of those inaccessible areas in Valencia 2 or crafting.

Am I the only one interested in some sort of Housing system similar to the one in Wizard101 though?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:
I doubt we are getting a side world anytime soon, as cool as it would be. I am expecting either a new world or some side content, maybe using of some of those inaccessible areas in Valencia 2 or crafting.

Am I the only one interested in some sort of Housing system similar to the one in Wizard101 though?
If you mean Castle Tours, no thanks. Faction housing? That would be cool. House trading? Also good, but ship trading would be better.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
flash33 on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
1. Agreed, highly unlikely given the length of time that's passed since Valencia 2 was released.
2. Plausible. A side world would also just be a nice change of pace for a change. New stories to tell, new companions to recruit and of course new enemies to fight and beat as well also.
3. Again, plausible, and if the storyline-only players don't like it then who cares? We could use some non-storyline related stuff for a change if you ask me personally.
Who cares? Well, obviously KI would care if players left the game; therefore, those of us who love this game and want it to continue should care, too.
So alert your friends and encourage them to stay!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on Feb 11, 2017 wrote:

If we're getting some influence from W101's housing system then can we please get music players and the ability to display our weapons in our homes. I'm tired of constantly hearing the normal creaks and groans in our house and we could really use some vibrant music to lighten things up. Secondly, if I remember correctly, we only have 100 spaces in our bank, and i'm nearly out. What's the point of letting our various rare weapons that we've collected in our travels just collect dust in our bank? It would really be nice to be able to hang them up proudly for all to see instead of just taking up space in our banks.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
A side world update would be great, that would be a nice addition in pirates. That would be great for those, who are either done with the main storyline and the side quests, or to prepare for the infamous Valencia 2.

Other stuff would be crafting, ship pvp, or even the big one arc 2 storyline.

Sorry for the long break, I was very busy and don't have much free time like I used too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
To tell the truth, I'm a little disappointed that we haven't had a hint from either this month's newsletter or from the last KI Live; I was also hoping that we would have a Falmea Friday last month.
Perhaps this month Prof. Falmea will deign to break her silence and give us a hint or otherwise let us know what's coming our way in this game?
Please?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
To tell the truth, I'm a little disappointed that we haven't had a hint from either this month's newsletter or from the last KI Live; I was also hoping that we would have a Falmea Friday last month.
Perhaps this month Prof. Falmea will deign to break her silence and give us a hint or otherwise let us know what's coming our way in this game?
Please?
You begin to see what fueled my pessimism, anecorbie.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
You begin to see what fueled my pessimism, anecorbie.
I'm not giving up yet, Max. Stubborn is bred into my genetic make up ( so is obstinancy, lol )
I'll wait to the last moment of Summer 2017 before I really start complaining. That was just a momentary despondency.