Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Next Update - What will it Bring?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 09, 2014
I'd be very disappointed if we never get to El dorado

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Crafting and a side world, and some part of crafting that gives great stats (like wintertusk gear for wizard) would be nice.

I wouldn't count on a arc 2 update until next year, (and that's me trying to be optimistic ;P)

But, Who knows? This is giving me the time to attempt to get 6 pirates to 70 (1/6 down, got my to 65, excited to try out gambit of steel hehe)

Ensign
Jun 11, 2016
Ah, personally, I'd very much enjoy fishing in Pirate101, as a player who has caught over 1,000 fish in Wizard101, I would love to increase that count over in Pirate101. As for crafting, I'd love that as well, the side activities in Wizard101 are enjoyable. The start of Arc 2 would seem to be a little early, in my opinion, considering that's usually Summer Update content, but I am not obliged either way. So, all in all, I hope tomorrow holds something worth anticipating, then again, Kingsisle has never failed us in bringing forth exciting new content.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
I may be alone in this, but I would love to see more cogburn/Mann the bounty hunter quests where you round up a bunch of baddies in rapid succession. I wanna see them in the new world or maybe even added into existing ones, like a samoorai in Mooshu who wants to get rid of people involved in an assassination plot to kill the emperor.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 12, 2017 wrote:
To tell the truth, I'm a little disappointed that we haven't had a hint from either this month's newsletter or from the last KI Live; I was also hoping that we would have a Falmea Friday last month.
Perhaps this month Prof. Falmea will deign to break her silence and give us a hint or otherwise let us know what's coming our way in this game?
Please?
Same, on the Saint Patrick's day stream, KI staff hardly touched pirate :(

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Fearless Finnagan on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
I may be alone in this, but I would love to see more cogburn/Mann the bounty hunter quests where you round up a bunch of baddies in rapid succession. I wanna see them in the new world or maybe even added into existing ones, like a samoorai in Mooshu who wants to get rid of people involved in an assassination plot to kill the emperor.
I agree 100%, the rooster cogburn quests are some of my favorites in the game (Not to mention all the references to western themed movies and whatnot) it may sound a bit silly, but I get a feeling of intense satisfaction seeing all the outlaws I've rounded up behind bars, lol.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I admit I do like the idea of Rooster Cogburn-like quests. I managed to get Rooster just before I left for Port Regal.

The one thing which I would love to get more of as rewards are training tomes. As it is right now, I pause my pirate between levels, use up all my stored training tomes, then go out keel haulin' and brawlin until everyone is up to the next level with my pirate, and all of them are either holding a training tome or out keel haulin', I then buy 10 training tomes, and start collecting them from my crew, sending them out sailin', plunderin', and scavagin' until the last of the crew has finished keel haulin'. Yes, it takes time, but it make it all easier.

The down side is I get promotion quests quite a while before they can actually begin them. This isn't that big of a problem, as most of them occur in the world following the present one and can't be started until my pirate finished the present world. It can produce some odd cognitive dissonance when in Bonnie's promotion quest it talks about the war...that you have yet to start, and in "Bob's Your Uncle" suddenly Hawkules shows up when he isn't even a companion yet.

But having more training tomes is nice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
I admit I do like the idea of Rooster Cogburn-like quests. I managed to get Rooster just before I left for Port Regal.

The one thing which I would love to get more of as rewards are training tomes. As it is right now, I pause my pirate between levels, use up all my stored training tomes, then go out keel haulin' and brawlin until everyone is up to the next level with my pirate, and all of them are either holding a training tome or out keel haulin', I then buy 10 training tomes, and start collecting them from my crew, sending them out sailin', plunderin', and scavagin' until the last of the crew has finished keel haulin'. Yes, it takes time, but it make it all easier.

The down side is I get promotion quests quite a while before they can actually begin them. This isn't that big of a problem, as most of them occur in the world following the present one and can't be started until my pirate finished the present world. It can produce some odd cognitive dissonance when in Bonnie's promotion quest it talks about the war...that you have yet to start, and in "Bob's Your Uncle" suddenly Hawkules shows up when he isn't even a companion yet.

But having more training tomes is nice.
Do you actively look for hidden training tomes throughout the game? I've found that there are at least 2 in every world and in Cool Ranch and MooShu as many as 3 - 4 scattered about in dungeons or laying hidden in plain sight.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Amber hawksong on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
Same, on the Saint Patrick's day stream, KI staff hardly touched pirate :(
Did you see the latest Twitter cover wallpaper? It's a concept art image of a never-before-seen Skull Island location. I've never seen it before.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 6, 2017 wrote:
I'm 100% sure we'll be getting an update this year, but what kind of update will it be?
1. Start of Arc 2 story update: I'm not so sure that it will be a story line update, it's been almost a year since the teasers for VA2, I'm not sure that KI could have this kind of update ready for us.
2. Side world update: This is possible, and we already have a reason to go exploring side worlds - our mother's diaries: Bob Carrington, "Your mother's diaries show the locations of over a dozen treasures she collected in her life time..." And we have almost a dozen worlds mentioned in our part of the Spiral.
So why should we have a side world update? For experience and a learning curve so that we're better prepared to face the challenges of an Arc 2 update. Remember all the complaints of VA2 difficulty? A side world update with a sprinkling of difficult enemies would be a training ground for this.
3. A Side Content update: I've been hoping for this for a very long time. I'm fairly sure we'll be seeing side content as part of an update or as a stand alone update. Crafting, Gardening and Fishing would add greatly to the enjoyment of this game and it would have this advantage - it wouldn't be just for the max level pirate, all pirates would gain from this kind of update.
The only thing I worry about is the reaction of the storyline gamers; will they reject this kind of update as "fluff" and leave P101 in disappointment?
What do you think, pirates?
What I would think?

How about...

1. An equivalent to the Skeleton Key secret bosses: W101's got secret bosses & their well-popular Skeleton Key system that discovers secret bosses, so I think P101 should have it's equivalent to that, to give more challenges, badges & even plenty more unique loot & treasures.
2. Dungeon Tales: W101's got their Tale of 4 Dungeons launched in Fall 2014 that gave them more adventures, more side stories, & interesting places to explore in past worlds. I'm thinking P101 should have that as the equivalent to that. I would like to see Dungeon Zones come into P101 in packs.
3. More class quests: W101 always have their usual spell quests each time the level cap gets raised, so, P101 should keep the trend going by adding in more class quests that award more new exclusive powers &/or Epic Talents. Let's be clear, these haven't been made since the game's launch & there's hardly anything that could survive tougher battles, & I would really like them to continue that at Level 35 & onward.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2014
Pirate101 really needs side content more than any new worlds, or continuation of the story or a new one IMO.
Stuff like Gardening, crafting, fishing, that Wizard101 has.

New worlds would be pointless right now since some people would just go through that in a day or less...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
Did you see the latest Twitter cover wallpaper? It's a concept art image of a never-before-seen Skull Island location. I've never seen it before.
Could you describe or provide a link? ( if KI would permit it. ) of this mystery location?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
Could you describe or provide a link? ( if KI would permit it. ) of this mystery location?
It's currently displayed on their Twitter page. Just click on their Twitter button below the website and you'll see it.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
KLeaf99 on Feb 10, 2017 wrote:
I would love to see crafting added to the game. It would be fun to make your own gear, ships, and houses.
welcome to the message boards sailor :)

agree, though I'd like pirate crafting to be somewhat different if possible from wizard version, as I've explained before, but if not thats ok too KI team got our backs so I'm good with whatever, though the more interesting and unique it is, the more it will get attention even from newly piratey wizards that wandered on over..

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
And yet another Friday has come and gone without a Falmea Friday post. March is nearly over and we haven't had a Falmea post since January! ( Are you waiting for April? )
Post Edit: Actually our last Falmea Friday post was on Dec.23, so it's been 3 months since our last Falmea Friday!

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
I agree with all of you about the new ideas for the arc of the new storyline but really i am not wondering what it will bring, but when it is going to happen we haven't had one since september of last year and even then anyone who was already a lvl 65 didnt have a whole lot of new things to do. I think kings isle has made us wait long enough for a storyline extension. Because I doubt that kings isle would want to do that to all of their customers. And Golden Guardian I really like your post about how they should lean into the new storyline that was really well thought out.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
Do you actively look for hidden training tomes throughout the game? I've found that there are at least 2 in every world and in Cool Ranch and MooShu as many as 3 - 4 scattered about in dungeons or laying hidden in plain sight.
I thought there was a list somewhere of them.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
And yet another Friday has come and gone without a Falmea Friday post. March is nearly over and we haven't had a Falmea post since January! ( Are you waiting for April? )
Post Edit: Actually our last Falmea Friday post was on Dec.23, so it's been 3 months since our last Falmea Friday!
DOOOOOOOM.....DOOOOOOM and GLOOOOOOOM!!

Just yanking your chain, anecorbie.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormtrooper1231 on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
I agree with all of you about the new ideas for the arc of the new storyline but really i am not wondering what it will bring, but when it is going to happen we haven't had one since september of last year and even then anyone who was already a lvl 65 didnt have a whole lot of new things to do. I think kings isle has made us wait long enough for a storyline extension. Because I doubt that kings isle would want to do that to all of their customers. And Golden Guardian I really like your post about how they should lean into the new storyline that was really well thought out.
And welcome to the message boards, stormtrooper1231!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Mar 26, 2017 wrote:
DOOOOOOOM.....DOOOOOOM and GLOOOOOOOM!!

Just yanking your chain, anecorbie.
I get the reference - Finian's Rainbow - the leprechaun.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2012
I myself am desperately hoping for an addition to the main quest line.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
stormtrooper1231 on Mar 25, 2017 wrote:
welcome to the message boards !

im so hyped.. spring fever got me antsy just knowing in my gut that we will not be disappointed and i LOVE the fact thats everything so quiet.. its a deep waters feeling for me.. excitement & tension.. tiny itty bitty sparkles in ki live eyes when even the word pirates is brought up.. I hope they realize just how much we love them and how edge-of-our-seats we are.. I myself am doing spring cleaning of houses and looking at my bare walls(cough ratbeard) (hee hee <3 ya) that would make my homes look so epic if i could hang my amazing weapons up on them..

trying to finish zone-buying all hidden spots on another account of mine so i can add a sub for when new increased bonuses for members comes to this game..

making sure all my ships are ship-shape and readied with gear for helping the summer nooblets with scrip farming and ship mobs..

I have no idea whats coming, but I know that now the time to prepare for it.. and if ya think of something you really want (kiosk)(lol) then now's the time to share ya inspirations and creative ideas :3 we're restless sure, but thats cuz this game gets ya all riled up! :D

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Mar 27, 2017 wrote:
welcome to the message boards !

im so hyped.. spring fever got me antsy just knowing in my gut that we will not be disappointed and i LOVE the fact thats everything so quiet.. its a deep waters feeling for me.. excitement & tension.. tiny itty bitty sparkles in ki live eyes when even the word pirates is brought up.. I hope they realize just how much we love them and how edge-of-our-seats we are.. I myself am doing spring cleaning of houses and looking at my bare walls(cough ratbeard) (hee hee <3 ya) that would make my homes look so epic if i could hang my amazing weapons up on them..

trying to finish zone-buying all hidden spots on another account of mine so i can add a sub for when new increased bonuses for members comes to this game..

making sure all my ships are ship-shape and readied with gear for helping the summer nooblets with scrip farming and ship mobs..

I have no idea whats coming, but I know that now the time to prepare for it.. and if ya think of something you really want (kiosk)(lol) then now's the time to share ya inspirations and creative ideas :3 we're restless sure, but thats cuz this game gets ya all riled up! :D

stormy jen silver
When I get grumpy and down, your posts remind me to look on the bright side, TY for posting, Jen!