Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I FINALLY got Kane's Mask :D :D :D

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
I FINALLY GOT KANE'S Mask! Woo! WOO! After 187 gruelling goes , some of which were solo, countless fish finger and brabanti boots drops, tonnes of visits to Mitch, an infinite amount of glitches and chests not collected, I have finally gotten the mask of Kane! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. I was so worried I would get bane of Kane twice before the mask dropped but I don't want to think of that. To any pirates who have done a gazliion runs like me, and some even more, I really really hope you get your drops soon. If you need support I have made a farming thread. I know it says 150+ runs but if you feel like you are reaching your best (even if it's 30 runs) you are still welcome to post. I know how burdensome and time consuming it can be. And please don't farm for 8+ hours a day, I myself stopped at 5 Kane runs a day max. Ensure that your life does not become farming based as I have seen for some pirates. I evenly spaced out my 187 runs across a few months. Now it's time for me to start a new buck character.

Fair sailing my fellow pirates, and may your desired drops become drops!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
I FINALLY GOT KANE'S Mask! Woo! WOO! After 187 gruelling goes , some of which were solo, countless fish finger and brabanti boots drops, tonnes of visits to Mitch, an infinite amount of glitches and chests not collected, I have finally gotten the mask of Kane! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy. I was so worried I would get bane of Kane twice before the mask dropped but I don't want to think of that. To any pirates who have done a gazliion runs like me, and some even more, I really really hope you get your drops soon. If you need support I have made a farming thread. I know it says 150+ runs but if you feel like you are reaching your best (even if it's 30 runs) you are still welcome to post. I know how burdensome and time consuming it can be. And please don't farm for 8+ hours a day, I myself stopped at 5 Kane runs a day max. Ensure that your life does not become farming based as I have seen for some pirates. I evenly spaced out my 187 runs across a few months. Now it's time for me to start a new buck character.

Stands up and Cheers! Major congrats on your achievement! Enjoy your Buccaneer adventures!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Captain
Jun 26, 2010

Congrats mate, ye did good on yer Treasure.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Wow, it sounds like you really earned that mask with all those runs! Big congrats to you! That's an awesome achievement.

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012

Congrats! Guess those 187 runs finally paid off, huh?

Captain
Apr 24, 2016

*hands mug of yum* HOORAY!!!! here is a mug of yum to celebrate!

fiery alyssa taylor 59

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 3, 2017 wrote:
YAAAAY!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Just noticed I went up a boards rank! Woo!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015

Since it usually takes about 10 minutes to do the kane fight 187 runs would mean you spent 1870 minutes or over 31 hours of farming for a mask. And since you only did 5 runs per day and spread out those days of farming across several months and all you got was an ugly mask. I know it's rare and it's cool to have it but unless it gives you time traveling abilities or some other god like powers, I wouldn't do it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
Since it usually takes about 10 minutes to do the kane fight 187 runs would mean you spent 1870 minutes or over 31 hours of farming for a mask. And since you only did 5 runs per day and spread out those days of farming across several months and all you got was an ugly mask. I know it's rare and it's cool to have it but unless it gives you time traveling abilities or some other god like powers, I wouldn't do it.
Why are you trolling people? No one asked if Kane's Mask was "worth it". We're celebrating an achievement.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
You see the thing is in my country I am on a 4 month holiday between the end of school and the start of first year university. I never played pirate in my final 2 years of school as it would be to big a distraction to studies. I suppose when school finished I binge played video games for 6-7 hours initially like any video gamer does when playing a new game or an old game after a long time. When university starts my p101 playing time will dramatically reduce to perhaps an hour every couple of days, mainly to check on pets. I have done a lot of other stuff apart from p101 in these holidays but yeah farming for the mask does not really affect me. Also 31 hours is a miscalculation. 1 Kane run takes 45 minutes as a team. 45 x 5 is 225 minutes or 3 hours and 45 minutes. I am just gonna round that up to 5 hours because of waiting for team up or idly doing nothing or talking in Avery's court. This used to be average until 150 runs or so, when I gave up and started doing 3 runs max instead, even more frequently one or two runs since that point. But I do agree with you. A lot of pirates don't set their priorities straight and farm farm farm for 17+ hours a day (I have met some) whilst NOT on holiday like me. I was just lucky to have 16 hours of free time everyday for 4 months straight, and I spent 2-5 hours of these on pirate. I will agree to what P101 fan says, if you have something more important to do, DO NOT farm a lot in ANY game. Do your work first. Come to think of it it's time I start getting my fitness up for the soccer season. Peace.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Thank you. I take very good care of my face.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Golden Guardian on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
You see the thing is in my country I am on a 4 month holiday between the end of school and the start of first year university. I never played pirate in my final 2 years of school as it would be to big a distraction to studies. I suppose when school finished I binge played video games for 6-7 hours initially like any video gamer does when playing a new game or an old game after a long time. When university starts my p101 playing time will dramatically reduce to perhaps an hour every couple of days, mainly to check on pets. I have done a lot of other stuff apart from p101 in these holidays but yeah farming for the mask does not really affect me. Also 31 hours is a miscalculation. 1 Kane run takes 45 minutes as a team. 45 x 5 is 225 minutes or 3 hours and 45 minutes. I am just gonna round that up to 5 hours because of waiting for team up or idly doing nothing or talking in Avery's court. This used to be average until 150 runs or so, when I gave up and started doing 3 runs max instead, even more frequently one or two runs since that point. But I do agree with you. A lot of pirates don't set their priorities straight and farm farm farm for 17+ hours a day (I have met some) whilst NOT on holiday like me. I was just lucky to have 16 hours of free time everyday for 4 months straight, and I spent 2-5 hours of these on pirate. I will agree to what P101 fan says, if you have something more important to do, DO NOT farm a lot in ANY game. Do your work first. Come to think of it it's time I start getting my fitness up for the soccer season. Peace.
Yeah I didn't measure average time the kane fight takes it just felt like 10 minutes to me.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016

Wow, I'm farming Kane for like 12-17 hours a day for his mask and I've yet to get it. Well, I suppose in order to get something, I gotta keep farming and not give up. I am sick of people who have Kane's mask. Sure, the stats are sub par at best, but man it just looks so cool that I need to farm Kane 12-17 hours a day and lose some sleep to get the Lord of the Armada's mask. I'm knocking out like 25-30 Kane runs a day until either I drop from sleep or Kane's Mask drops. Also, I did like 15-20 Miranda runs a day until Captain Blood's Jacket dropped so I guess in order to get your desired drop, you gotta keep relentlessly farming.
-Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver(Max level Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver(Max level Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor in Training)

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
Wow, I'm farming Kane for like 12-17 hours a day for his mask and I've yet to get it. Well, I suppose in order to get something, I gotta keep farming and not give up. I am sick of people who have Kane's mask. Sure, the stats are sub par at best, but man it just looks so cool that I need to farm Kane 12-17 hours a day and lose some sleep to get the Lord of the Armada's mask. I'm knocking out like 25-30 Kane runs a day until either I drop from sleep or Kane's Mask drops. Also, I did like 15-20 Miranda runs a day until Captain Blood's Jacket dropped so I guess in order to get your desired drop, you gotta keep relentlessly farming.
-Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver(Max level Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver(Max level Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor in Training)
To put it bluntly, get some sleep. I spanned my runs across months and had time to do other things as well. The mask will drop eventually, casual farming or relentless farming. 12-17 hours a day of P101 a day everyday is unhealthy both physically and mentally. Please sleep. P101 is no where as important then your life, your studies and like any video game should not be overplayed. I do realise you got Blood's Jacket after 3000 goes and sometimes went up to 50 runs a day. Once you get Kane's Mask you will pursue something else. Like moo's boots. Honestly I reccomend a break from p101 until you can plan your time more accordingly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:
To put it bluntly, get some sleep. I spanned my runs across months and had time to do other things as well. The mask will drop eventually, casual farming or relentless farming. 12-17 hours a day of P101 a day everyday is unhealthy both physically and mentally. Please sleep. P101 is no where as important then your life, your studies and like any video game should not be overplayed. I do realise you got Blood's Jacket after 3000 goes and sometimes went up to 50 runs a day. Once you get Kane's Mask you will pursue something else. Like moo's boots. Honestly I reccomend a break from p101 until you can plan your time more accordingly.
The dangers run by excessive game play at a computer or Xbox/Play Station can't be exaggerated. My own life came in danger last August when I began to have terrible periods of shortened breath, I couldn't walk 10 feet without panting as if I had run a mile.
I went to the emergency room and in short I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lungs. I stayed 4 days in the hospital on blood thinners and had a stern lecture from a staff doctor as to how unhealthy many hours of sitting can be.
I'm much better now and have curtailed my game play, as well as including more activity in my life. Get up from the computer and do something else!

Ensign
Jun 07, 2016
Does it really take that long to get such a thing?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KiddNoName on Apr 5, 2017 wrote:
Does it really take that long to get such a thing?
Sometimes it does, if your luck is really, really bad for drops.
BUT then sometimes something will drop the very first time.
So the best of luck to your farming efforts and please don't do it for hours at a time.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Golden Guardian on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:
WOOHOO! I finally got Kane's Mask to drop after 110 grueling runs of fish fingers and Brabantine Blades! I farmed Kane so long and his mask dropped on April 6, which is ironically the day after my 20th birthday. Perhaps the Lord of the Armada wanted to give me a belated birthday present? After countless hours of farming, Kane's Mask has been secured by me. I did 102 Kane runs on my Swashbuckler, Stormy Elijah Silver, and never got Kane's Mask to drop once, then I did only 8 Kane runs on my Privateer, Corrupt Zane Silver, and bam! Kane's Mask dropped on run number 8 from Kane himself. I'd like to thank all my fellow pirates for helping me with the Kane battle and for helping me farm Kane. I actually do have an honorable mention to a very friendly pirate out there named "Crazy Billy Sharp." Billy is a max Privateer and he's an honorable mention because he always always helped me with the Kane battle and he even went as far as trashing his first Kane mask so I wouldn't be disappointed that I could never get my hands on Kane's Mask. I want to thank everyone out there again for all the help I have gotten farming Kane. It couldn't be possible without you guys. To close this off, I want to wish everyone the best of luck with Kane farming and securing Kane's Mask if you haven't already done so.
Cheers!
-Stormy Elijah Silver(Max Swashbuckler)
-Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
-Dark Blaze Sharp (Witchdoctor in Training)

Ensign
Mar 31, 2017
Do you get the mask from the chest that you unlock from crowns.
lvl. 65 - Romantic Connor

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Conwitty423 on Jun 21, 2017 wrote:
Do you get the mask from the chest that you unlock from crowns.
lvl. 65 - Romantic Connor
You can get the Mask as
1. a basic boss drop or
2. you can use the second chance chest - that's the one you use crowns for.