Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An Epic Quest of Piratical Proportions

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Okay,
So, I've decided for various reasons that I must have the extra large ship's cabin from the Black Market, you know the one that costs and overwhelming 25000 scrip? Yup, that's it, I have plans for it you see, great plans, awesome plans, really cool designs that will just reel in the treasure.

Therefore, I Captain Scarlet Kidd, am heretofore undertaking the Piratically Proportioned Quest to raise 25000 scrip. So far I have 65 scrip. Where ever there are ships in need of sinking, I shall be there! Where ever there are Turrets that require defeating, I shall be there! Where ever pirates gather for runs on the Smuggler's Arena, I shall be there! Whenever a Smuggler's Cove secret chamber opens I shall be there! Where ever a PVP match is to be held...I...shall...NOT be there, Pvp just isn't my thing.

But Who shall join me in this Quest for Scrip?
Really, anyone?
seriously, it's a quest, I could use a mage/wizard, some sort of a tank, like a paladin or something, maybe ranger or two. Oh, and Hobbit, always need a hobbit on quests. Clearly the position of rogue is already filled, but I guess I could use an extra one. Maybe a druid instead?

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Firstly, I salute you on your endeavour to earn your home away from home.

Secondly, you're also going to need a bard to write of your adventures so that they may sing of your might and power in taverns across the spiral. Yes, there will be songs (in the form of a sprightly jig) of how you, Captain Scarlet Kidd, defended Skull Island from the unrelenting assaults of the Dreadnought, outlasted that scurvy dog in the smuggler's arena, and yes, said no to all those pirates that wanted to test their mettle against you!

And last, you're going to need a narrator to describe the scene to you in real time. That's just how it's done. Might I suggest either Morgan Freeman or Steven Fry? After all, both played God at one point or another.

Good luck Kidd, you're gonna need it!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I, too, am on that noble quest! ( Remember, "Greed is Good".) I have gathered the awesome amount of ( drum roll ) 1,009 scrip. Ye know I have an arena, aye?
Let me know what days and times you have free and we can sack the arena together, & afterwards we can give our companions a rest while we hunt ships and turrets!

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
CdeWinter on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
Okay,
So, I've decided for various reasons that I must have the extra large ship's cabin from the Black Market, you know the one that costs and overwhelming 25000 scrip? Yup, that's it, I have plans for it you see, great plans, awesome plans, really cool designs that will just reel in the treasure.

Therefore, I Captain Scarlet Kidd, am heretofore undertaking the Piratically Proportioned Quest to raise 25000 scrip. So far I have 65 scrip. Where ever there are ships in need of sinking, I shall be there! Where ever there are Turrets that require defeating, I shall be there! Where ever pirates gather for runs on the Smuggler's Arena, I shall be there! Whenever a Smuggler's Cove secret chamber opens I shall be there! Where ever a PVP match is to be held...I...shall...NOT be there, Pvp just isn't my thing.

But Who shall join me in this Quest for Scrip?
Really, anyone?
seriously, it's a quest, I could use a mage/wizard, some sort of a tank, like a paladin or something, maybe ranger or two. Oh, and Hobbit, always need a hobbit on quests. Clearly the position of rogue is already filled, but I guess I could use an extra one. Maybe a druid instead?
Well good luck on your "Quest" and may luck be on your side. I admire your determination, here I am still trying to save up enough script to buy the Master Smuggler's Mask. (I have around 2000 scrip so only 1000 left to go).

P.S I'll tell any Hobbits and any other... magical creatures I see along the way to give you a call.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
How could I have forgotten the inclusion of a bard? Every questing party needs a bard.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
CdeWinter on Feb 3, 2017 wrote:
How could I have forgotten the inclusion of a bard? Every questing party needs a bard.
I can play the ukelele if that helps. I wish you luck on your incredible expedition for immense amounts of scrip!
Have fun!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My scrip take is now at 1709, what's yours?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
The pirate kings retreat cabin isn't really worth it because the furniture limit is only like 50 more than the deluxe cabin so you will end up having alot of extra space you won't be able to fill unless you feel like buying a ton of crowns to buy the elixir that raises the limit

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
CdeWinter on Feb 3, 2017 wrote:
"Alright, Cap'n, here we go. The mike is live - in three, two, one..."

"Avast ye scurvy mateys, I have a tale to tell
About a mighty scurvy lass, something - something - well,
Her vessel is quite sturdy, it really stays afloat
It's much more bigger than... what's the word - oh, yes, boat
She's off to sail the Spiral in search of blah, blah, blah scrip
So here's an epic ode about her mighty sailing ship!"

"Cut! Cut!"
"That was..."
"Yes, that was..."
"Horrible, Cap'n. Truly horrible."
"Aye, did ye want to sing it in one key, or all those other ones at once?"
"Do you really think that qualified as singing? I think not."
"And point to tell, you probably don't want to call milady 'scurvy'. She might take offence."
"Some fruit every day should take care of that problem."
"That's not the issue. You don't call people scurvy! Whether they are or not!"
"So you're saying she might, or might not, have scurvy?"
"Excuse me, I saw an advertisement for a hobbit for a quest."
"Truth to tell, Cap'n, I don't think you're cut out to be a bard."
"Aye, you should be out having adventures, not singing about others having them instead."
"I still don't think that qualified as 'singing'."
"So are we ready for take two? I should be able to remember more words this time."
"NO!"
"Give me that!"
"No, keep it away from 'im!"

"Take two - Avast ye sickly mateys, of indeterminate ill..."

"Make him stop! Pull the plug!"

(silence)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
The pirate kings retreat cabin isn't really worth it because the furniture limit is only like 50 more than the deluxe cabin so you will end up having alot of extra space you won't be able to fill unless you feel like buying a ton of crowns to buy the elixir that raises the limit
No one is saying that you have to do this. That's just your opinion about it's worth.
Crown shop cabin - 100 items
BM cabin - 150 items
Bric a Brac Elixir - 900 crowns, adds 50 items ( and you can get 900 crowns in 9 days by doing KI Trivia, without spending your own crowns! )
200 hundred items is quite a lot.
Anyway achieving the goal is the fun part!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sam Underhill on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:

"Cut! Cut!"
"That was..."
"Yes, that was..."
"And point to tell, you probably don't want to call milady 'scurvy'. She might take offence."
"Aye, you should be out having adventures, not singing about others having them instead."
"So are we ready for take two? I should be able to remember more words this time."
"NO!"
"Give me that!"

(silence)
Sam * wipes tears of laughter from eyes *

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:
My scrip take is now at 1709, what's yours?
328. It's a slow process, made slower now because of a field course I'm on for a month.

Pirate101fan, the point of this is more about achieving the larger ships cabin, rather than stocking it full of stuff. Of course I'll decorate it as well...I did say that I have plans for it.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Sam Underhill on Feb 8, 2017 wrote:

"Cut! Cut!"
"That was..."
"Yes, that was..."
"NO!"
"Give me that!"

(silence)
*stifles laughter to avoid waking up household*

Best thing to wake up to.

Ever!

You've got the job!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
CdeWinter on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
328. It's a slow process, made slower now because of a field course I'm on for a month.

Pirate101fan, the point of this is more about achieving the larger ships cabin, rather than stocking it full of stuff. Of course I'll decorate it as well...I did say that I have plans for it.
I just meant it costs way too much for what it is. 10K scrip maybe.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Feb 9, 2017 wrote:
I just meant it costs way too much for what it is. 10K scrip maybe.
!0 K scrip is super easy to get ( I should know, I've done it. It took about a year, but that's because I got distracted by the housing dividers. )

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Me Scrip be 10,076.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jack morgan933 on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
Me Scrip be 10,076.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan
Nearly there! Just a mere 14,924 to gather, easy-peasy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
This is WONDERFUL
A fantastic bard and a spare with a back up band to boot.
*Hands out coconut mounts for travel from scrip loot spot to spot...............*Looks surprised at surprised looks* Was there any other obvious choice for a Quest

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 13, 2017 wrote:
This is WONDERFUL
A fantastic bard and a spare with a back up band to boot.
*Hands out coconut mounts for travel from scrip loot spot to spot...............*Looks surprised at surprised looks* Was there any other obvious choice for a Quest
I have the Mighty Steed!

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Feb 12, 2017 wrote:
Nearly there! Just a mere 14,924 to gather, easy-peasy!
Quite impressive Fair Lass, make sure no Smugglers steal it from ye!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jack morgan933 on Feb 17, 2017 wrote:
Quite impressive Fair Lass, make sure no Smugglers steal it from ye!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan
Lol, I wish I had that amount! I meant you are nearly there & you just need 14,924 scrip to reach that goal!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Scrip take up to 2763
Now I'll tell ye a story about an epic pirate: Fearless Finnegan!
There we were fighting fer our lives, mates, in the no-holds-barred battle of the Smuggler's Arena. Dino, Finn and yer's truly .
We swept through the first 5 rounds pretty as ye please, although we did have a few crew get bed rest. But then it happened; I had to enter the last battle badly injured ( didn't have time to hit the potions ).
I had to hide an' heal and o' course fog wasn't up. So me Bonnie Anne, Zeena & Gracie were left exposed an' soon succumbed to the assault of the Aquilan troops.
Through round an' round it went when all crew and two captains were hors de combat ( as the Polarians say. )
There stood Finn down to a wee trickle of health, an' lookin' fer a way to survive and beat 3 remainin' villains! ( Or was it 4? )
There was a centaur at less than half health an' 2 ( or maybe 3 ) vultures in the red zone. Hide an' heal became the order of the day, yet his heals weren't cooperatin'. So poison came into play. then another hide then a health coin.
Finally the centaur an' one vulture were next to each other and Finn seized his opportunity with an Assassin's Strike at the centaur, leavin' him in the dust! A follow up with Bladestorm ended the career of the vulture.
Then as the last vulture ran up, Finn "Finn"ished him with a First Strike. Oh t'was a grand thing to witness, mates!
So here's to Fearless Finnegan!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Status report captains! Have you earned your spacious captain's quarters yet?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Apr 10, 2017 wrote:
Status report captains! Have you earned your spacious captain's quarters yet?
Naaarrrr

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I like your style. Could you use a healer on your quest to take care of all the heroic boo-boos?