Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Help!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Aug 30, 2014
Hello!

I made a new character (witchdoctor) which is now lvl 10 and when I get to a higher level l need to know what companions I should use. I think one I will use is Old Scratch but l don't know. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Erin The Buccaneer on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Hello!

I made a new character (witchdoctor) which is now lvl 10 and when I get to a higher level l need to know what companions I should use. I think one I will use is Old Scratch but l don't know. Thanks!
Kan Po.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Hello!

Use them all -- learn about their strengths and weaknesses. Then you will know which ones to use against the various enemies you will be encountering in the Spiral.

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Hello!

I still use Old Scratch on my Witchdoctor.
I advise using Carcarius or Bonnie as a secondary, and use Kan Po! Kan Po is my enforcer, with just a couple enchantments he's practically untouchable and undefeatable.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Hello!

Mormo and Bonnie Anne are great choices for the early game.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I reinforce Willowdream's suggestion: experiment with all of them!

What ever mix you take, you will want at least one and probably two melee types, to slow the enemy down from reaching your pirate. Witchdoctors to not take well to being repeatedly punched in the face. Often if find that the mix of classes is more important than the individuals. For most pirates, it isn't critical; but for witchdoctors and - to a lesser extent Musketeers - you do want some crew to serve as speed bumps.

-Indigo