Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Help on being "OP"

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
Recently, I have been playing PVP. Everyone I played against was a swashbuckler. I just love them so darn much, but when I created my account I didn't pay attention. I mean I love being a buccaneer too, but I love stabby or slashy weapons. (The blades) And the swashbuckler's powers are amazing.

What I was trying to say was, I admire the fact that people are so "OP" like that, and I need some advice on either how to my my buccaneer better, or to make my buccaneer like a swashbuckler with the agility being really high and all of the swash traits. Please give me advice, thanks :)

-Strong JustinSilver 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JPDunn1119 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
Recently, I have been playing PVP. Everyone I played against was a swashbuckler. I just love them so darn much, but when I created my account I didn't pay attention. I mean I love being a buccaneer too, but I love stabby or slashy weapons. (The blades) And the swashbuckler's powers are amazing.

What I was trying to say was, I admire the fact that people are so "OP" like that, and I need some advice on either how to my my buccaneer better, or to make my buccaneer like a swashbuckler with the agility being really high and all of the swash traits. Please give me advice, thanks :)

-Strong JustinSilver 70
As a buccaneer, you should concentrate on buffing health and armor, also accuracy to face the challenge of swashbuckler's agility and dodge. Trying to make your buccaneer into a second rate swashbuckler will just lead to frustration.
Some of the best talents bucks get to use against bucklers is that stunning blow that prevents the use of a bucklers most powerful talents: First Strike and Riposte.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
JPDunn1119 on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:

-Strong JustinSilver 70
Well, making your buccaneer like a swash is, frankly, a stupid idea. Buccaneer is an amazing class, especially in pvp. I would definitely recommend getting turn the tide 3 and elusive 2 to help you survive, and increase your dodge and damage when at low health. If you really like swashbucklers, however, you can always create another pirate. It will take a while to level him up, but this game has a good story and it isn't boring the second time around.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Making your Buck into a fake buckler will not work, however you can still be OP. First off all the good bucks have a common gear setup of

1 Walk in Darkness(hide) Auric peril boots

2 Valor Fortresses(fort) Helm of the valiant, and special branch ribbon

1 Revive(heal)A ring you can buy in the bazaar (can't remember what it's called)

2 Assassin strikes(assassin) schemers eye-patch(the best eye-patch for buck) and bloody charm

For buck you need to use a strength based weapon ( as you rely on critical) some you can use are Axe of the Minotaur lords, haywire armada weapon that is strength based, armada pack weapon that is strength based, dragon axe of doom, and sea sheller.

The last slot is up to you, some suggestions are another Revive, another Fort, another hide, or A tower item(like the robe with vicious charge, and leviathans call).

Aim for a pet that has blade storm, elusive, tide, relentless, and rally grant.

Make sure you have all Zeke quests done, and turned in.

Have relentless and witch hunter trained from secret trainers
Have walk in shadows and fast 2, from the buckler trainer
Have Gunnery, rouse, and valor shield trained from the privateer trainer
Have nothing trained from the musket trainer
Have spooky 1 trained from the witch-doctor trainer

Companions

El Toro,
Peter Quint,
and Barnabus
If you have no crown companions, if you do use toro, pete, and goro

Hope this helped!

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
You could always try the hybrid method, my witch doctor is a hybrid witch and musketeer, and the benefits are great. You get extra talents that help a lot in combat, plus most enemies won't be able to defend against you, the only downside is it can make you more vulnerable to enemies with vengeance strike like powers or first strike like powers.