Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 12/23/2016

AuthorMessage
My Pirate Friends,

The seasons have changed once again, and no one can ignore the sting to the wind in the air, but I know it will be warm again soon. So we’ll sail on.

First of all, I had the chance to wrap up the second half of the year in my Producer’s Letter. I’m very happy we were able to keep the narrative going in 2016, and we’re excited to see where the future takes us. You can read it here.

I’m afraid that this post won’t include such a cool giveaway as the last one, but I’d like to congratulate Melissa Darksong on their great memory:

“My favorite memory is kind of hard to pin down; there are alot if plot points, places and characters i love in Pirate101. When i first started the game, i really liked customizing my character's backstory. Then, after a while, i remember being in awe about Monquista(i know it gets a bad rep now) but the skys are gorgeous and i couldnt believe how big it was. Learning about our parents as the story went along was really a highlight; i play with my cousin and we always wondered when we entered a new area if we would learn more about them. The ending of Valencia really threw os for a loop. There is just so much more than i can even list here; basically I have loved watching the game change over time and I have loved every moment of playing. So, Thanks KI for the really great game and i hope it continues to get better and better in the years to come!”

We loved reading all of these fond memories and we’re lucky to have such a great community. Thanks again for sharing these with us! Congrats on your awesome Kane mask!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year (besides Summer, of course), that’s right – Yuletide and our recently concluded 12 Days of the Spiral! It’s a festive occasion, there’s all your favorites from years past, and perhaps a few new surprises in there as well to come. Also, as we leave fall and transition into winter, there were more seasonal surprises in store in the Brawlin’ Hall. We think this particular pet is pretty adorable and at least one version is very… seasonally appropriate.

It’s been a tradition over on the other side of the Spiral, and I’d like to ask it here ask well as my parting question. Pirates - What was your favorite thing we added to the Spiral in 2016? Is it a new talent or power? The epic conclusion of Book 15? The Ashes of the Armada CCG? We’d like to know!

Have a wonderful, warm, and safe holiday season from our crew here at KI to yours!

Leah Ruben
Senior Producer of MMO Content
KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
My favorite addition of 2016 was the promotion quest involving Captain Hande and our pirate's backstory update. That was simply amazing!

Thanks for that!

Ensign
Apr 29, 2014
Professor Falmea on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
My Pirate Friends,

The seasons have changed once again, and no one can ignore the sting to the wind in the air, but I know it will be warm again soon. So we’ll sail on.

First of all, I had the chance to wrap up the second half of the year in my Producer’s Letter. I’m very happy we were able to keep the narrative going in 2016, and we’re excited to see where the future takes us. You can read it here.

I’m afraid that this post won’t include such a cool giveaway as the last one, but I’d like to congratulate Melissa Darksong on their great memory:

“My favorite memory is kind of hard to pin down; there are alot if plot points, places and characters i love in Pirate101. When i first started the game, i really liked customizing my character's backstory. Then, after a while, i remember being in awe about Monquista(i know it gets a bad rep now) but the skys are gorgeous and i couldnt believe how big it was. Learning about our parents as the story went along was really a highlight; i play with my cousin and we always wondered when we entered a new area if we would learn more about them. The ending of Valencia really threw os for a loop. There is just so much more than i can even list here; basically I have loved watching the game change over time and I have loved every moment of playing. So, Thanks KI for the really great game and i hope it continues to get better and better in the years to come!”

We loved reading all of these fond memories and we’re lucky to have such a great community. Thanks again for sharing these with us! Congrats on your awesome Kane mask!

It’s the most wonderful time of the year (besides Summer, of course), that’s right – Yuletide and our recently concluded 12 Days of the Spiral! It’s a festive occasion, there’s all your favorites from years past, and perhaps a few new surprises in there as well to come. Also, as we leave fall and transition into winter, there were more seasonal surprises in store in the Brawlin’ Hall. We think this particular pet is pretty adorable and at least one version is very… seasonally appropriate.

It’s been a tradition over on the other side of the Spiral, and I’d like to ask it here ask well as my parting question. Pirates - What was your favorite thing we added to the Spiral in 2016? Is it a new talent or power? The epic conclusion of Book 15? The Ashes of the Armada CCG? We’d like to know!

Have a wonderful, warm, and safe holiday season from our crew here at KI to yours!

Leah Ruben
I love Valencia pt. 2! It has an awesome storyline and made some memorable moments! I love how we finally got our shot on Kane and now we all are guessing what comes next. (I loves the predictions) Thanks for an awesome year and hope for many more!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My Pirate Friends,

Leah Ruben
I like everything in 2016!

Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
*WARNING MINOR SPOILERS (I think... Idk)* I loved the epic conclusion with Kane. It made me feel like I was the boss of him. I loved beating Kane, and HOPEFULLY, finishing Valencia for good. I will see you next year friends!

-Lvl 70 Strong JustinSilver

P.S. School of fire rules! ( In wiz :) )

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
My Pirate Friends,

Leah Ruben
I loved every moment of this year it's hard to pick just one getting to battle Kane seeing new battles and adventures I can't wait to see what next year has in store till then pirates happy sail merry Christmas and happy new year

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Thank you to KI and your hard work this year. The best thing about 2016 was the release of Valencia 2. Even though the story line was condensed it brought some much needed hope to the game and dedicated fan base as a whole. As most know there was a period of extreme story content drought and Valencia 2 ended that drought. To see the realms get crowded and hearing so many stories of people coming back or experiencing the game for the first time was amazing.

Since the release of Valencia 2 there has been a steady increase in players (Based on Facebook and Twitter). The small update has allowed Pirate 101 to grow again and bring excitement back to the players. My hope for 2017 is with a large world update (even side world) the player base will explode so more people experience this fantastic game.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
even though I am not there yet, I think Valencia was the best thing added in 2016!

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
The new world and pack!! (and of course, the bug fixes here and there)

~ Darling Brittany Neels

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Best? Chapter 15, I was at first upset that we didn't get the 2 worlds in 1 year like in 2013, but hey that end fight MADE UP FOR IT.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
so many great things for which I'm grateful for but for me the top priority was seeing you, Miss Falmea, having the opportunity to be a pirate with us on a more public stance.. asking us our opinions and implementing them.. making us feel valued and appreciated.. taking time to focus on P101 as much as W101 boosts our morale and our faith in the KI team we <3 you! Makes the new year feel exciting with renewed hopes and dreams in the broadening of this game :3 Happy 2017! Lets make this year even more epic for us pirates shall we?

stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Ensign
Jun 22, 2010
Of course Book 15, but in addition to that I loved the little touch of fun added at Christmas time. Small touches like this make all the difference.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
So I know this is super late, but I still would like to post my thoughts.

I really liked the new level of difficulty. Before Valencia Part 2, I just soared through the entire game without trouble. I really liked how hard the Kane battle was. All the new powers and talents that it brought along was really cool and it was a nice fresh battle unlike any other old battle. I would really like to see more battles that have a specific goal in them aside from "Kill all enemies." I really like the battles where we had to help release allies inside the battleboard so they can help us with the "Kill all enemies" goal. Overall I really liked everything that you guys added because it was a fresh and new thing that wasn't the Tower of Moo Manchu farming or the Smuggler Arena farming. (I really liked the new pack and not just because I got all of the companions a lot quicker than I got 1 companion from the other packs)

Overall anything new you guys add I will most likely enjoy. I love how you guys put the games together with the awesome storylines and graphics.