Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can we have faction vendors in pirate?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
the new faction vendors system in wizard is interesting,and a really clever take on badges (now we have something to use them for). But getting to the point I see enormous potential for them, for those of you who are not familiar faction vendors were introduced in the new test realm for wizard101. They have items you can only get if you have specific badge, for example say there was a vendor called Mitch, Mitch has an item called the ring of deception, it requires the regatta champion badge. What that means is until I have that badge even if I have enough gold he won't be able to sell it to me, I have to earn the respect of his faction by completing the regatta and gaining the badge, in other words I have to prove myself to Mitch. This system rocks because it rewards people for going above and beyond, a similar idea to the black market I think, but implemented much easier. For instance, what kind of item could I buy if I had the bane of Kane badge (defeat Kane 100 times over), why that would introduce all kinds of interesting and amazing combinations! Not to mention op gear! (Not to op but you get the idea). Anyway I very much would love to see it in pirate, most people have so little want to see vendors because better gear is just a dungeon away, but this changes that! And when fused with the other game activities I've thought of in the past it can really make a splash! So please give us faction vendors!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
piratical505 on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
the new faction vendors system in wizard is interesting,and a really clever take on badges (now we have something to use them for). But getting to the point I see enormous potential for them, for those of you who are not familiar faction vendors were introduced in the new test realm for wizard101. They have items you can only get if you have specific badge, for example say there was a vendor called Mitch, Mitch has an item called the ring of deception, it requires the regatta champion badge. What that means is until I have that badge even if I have enough gold he won't be able to sell it to me, I have to earn the respect of his faction by completing the regatta and gaining the badge, in other words I have to prove myself to Mitch. This system rocks because it rewards people for going above and beyond, a similar idea to the black market I think, but implemented much easier. For instance, what kind of item could I buy if I had the bane of Kane badge (defeat Kane 100 times over), why that would introduce all kinds of interesting and amazing combinations! Not to mention op gear! (Not to op but you get the idea). Anyway I very much would love to see it in pirate, most people have so little want to see vendors because better gear is just a dungeon away, but this changes that! And when fused with the other game activities I've thought of in the past it can really make a splash! So please give us faction vendors!
That's a good idea; as someone who has both Master of Moo & Bane of Kane, you can see why I would be verrrrry interested in a faction gear item!

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I would love to see one for the undisputed champion badge I have for defeating smugglers a hundred times.

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Us Pirates usually don't get nice things that Wizards get......

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Yeah faction vendors can really make a splash in pirate, and I really want to see them happen! Pirate could use something like this for all of its many many badges.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
piratical505 on Nov 20, 2016 wrote:
Way back when I first looked at joining Pirate101, I was enticed by the description of different factions in the see the game section of the website as I thought they'd have some kind of lasting impact on the individual pirate's story. Alas, they did not beyond making the Scurvy Dogs impossible to fight unless you've picked up a quest. That being said, I would absolutely love it if a faction system was implemented that included vendors and perhaps even exclusive areas and housing available to a pirate who proves that they're worthy of allying a faction.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
coconut pirate on Nov 22, 2016 wrote:
Us Pirates usually don't get nice things that Wizards get......
And who says that won't change in the future? If you want something, ask for it; KI is watching....

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
I have a lot of hope with ki, they've changed. things are different now, new players are coming into the game and, though slowly, pirate s becoming what it was always meant to be. That said I truly think faction vendors will be a great part of that.