Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

huge damage amount needs to be nerfed

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 12, 2014
The first 2 battles in Valencia were easy for me and I only lost 1 companion but the royal guards are ridiculous
I have lost to them so many times that it make rage. I have been make multiple plans and none have worked.

1. when the guards crit on me it causes me to die so easily( damage from them Is about 1500 damage for epic while mega 2100 and super 2500)

2. My companions don't have that much health to survive at least 2 hits plus they have blade storm

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rad pirate flare on Nov 8, 2016 wrote:
The first 2 battles in Valencia were easy for me and I only lost 1 companion but the royal guards are ridiculous
I have lost to them so many times that it make rage. I have been make multiple plans and none have worked.

1. when the guards crit on me it causes me to die so easily( damage from them Is about 1500 damage for epic while mega 2100 and super 2500)

2. My companions don't have that much health to survive at least 2 hits plus they have blade storm
As I recall that fight in the Duomo, it takes at least 2 rounds for the Royal Guard to reach your position, in that amount of time are you:
1. Shielding/Buffing?
2. Placing the most vulnerable companions to the back?
3. Using doubloons?
4. Have you tried team up or asking a friend to help you?
I have soloed this fight on all my pirates, yes it's difficult, but it's not impossible ( and at that time I didn't have the very best gear. )

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I always recommend trying to get some of the better gear. As far as that fight, I suggest ranged fighters like muskets to avoid the enemies chains.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
No nerfing!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
May 12, 2012
I don't think nerfing is needed. I ask my questing buddies for help. They are about my level, maybe a few lower or a few higher, but we're in the same general range.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
This fight has changed. Two of us did it easily about 2 weeks ago. Now we can't win it at all.

What did you do to it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Autumn on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
This fight has changed. Two of us did it easily about 2 weeks ago. Now we can't win it at all.

What did you do to it?
There has been no changes made to that dungeon. KI would have informed us through update notes if they had.
You probably had a run of bad luck. Stop blaming the game and take a look at your tactics.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
i couldnt solo it, this coming from a guy who practically solos everything. i found combining a tank/warrior and a less defensive/ranged attacker works well

Ensign
Aug 25, 2013
I had a good idea for the fights i was a buck and i used Pete, barnibus and the third one i'd use a mix bag
i normally used a shield buff on barn and with his hold the line and vengeance strike 3, he could get the foes to attack and get stunned by his strike, leaving them open to Pete, the captain and the mixed bag and the foe couldn't do a thing, and the damage wasn't bad as my captain had fort and barn comes with a shield as well. While you may still lose people and muskies make this strat bad, you normally fight swash and bucks, this strat can work with anyone who can get hold the line and vengeance strike 3 ( hold the line 3 is recommend for those dodgy swashes)

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I just use black fog and increase agility in first round and on the 2nd I move everyone into a v shape so I can attack the unicorns as soon as they get close. In Valencia friendship is not magic.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Muskets work well against them.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
assassin's strike are terrible, yes, but if you're a witchdoctor why not use a stygian chorus? (if your not a witchdoctor farm the hydra, easy boss, for one as well, if you place them in the right position, those assassin strikes will be used on them, not you, making it just an regular battle ) I had to teamup on these guys, but, it's not impossible.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor of awe... on Feb 27, 2017 wrote:
assassin's strike are terrible, yes, but if you're a witchdoctor why not use a stygian chorus? (if your not a witchdoctor farm the hydra, easy boss, for one as well, if you place them in the right position, those assassin strikes will be used on them, not you, making it just an regular battle ) I had to teamup on these guys, but, it's not impossible.
Yes, use summons ( WD spells or doubloons ) they act as bait attracting the attacks that would have landed on you and your companions. Even a low level Skull Island doubloon summons can do this.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
I admit that they should at least nerf it a little bit to where it can be challenging and not annoying.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the doctor on Mar 14, 2017 wrote:
I admit that they should at least nerf it a little bit to where it can be challenging and not annoying.
It was nerfed ( from Test Realm ) believe me it much harder then.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
NO NERFING PLEASE!!!
Think of Valencia Part II as a Celestia after Dragonspire type of scenario; A world that will knock you into the dirt until you learn how to adapt to what will (hopefully) be the next evolution in P101's game play.
I had no idea how to play defensively as a Buccaneer until Valencia II came out, which became a massive learning curve for me.
Learn how to adapt and this game will surely be able to evolve into something beautiful.
Also, do all the side quests regardless of how mundane they appear at the time.
I'm still advocating the addition of enemies buffing themselves with stat boosting powers in the next arc.

Ensign
Mar 04, 2016
No nerfing please I like the challenge I soloed every fight In the game except Kane so i can say Valencia 2 is a big step up In difficulty but its fun because of that I could win Aquila battles by just passing because of ripost ect and I only lost once or twice on only a couple battles In Valencia 2 please keep it how it is

Jack level 70

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Mar 15, 2017 wrote:
NO NERFING PLEASE!!!
Think of Valencia Part II as a Celestia after Dragonspire type of scenario; A world that will knock you into the dirt until you learn how to adapt to what will (hopefully) be the next evolution in P101's game play.
I had no idea how to play defensively as a Buccaneer until Valencia II came out, which became a massive learning curve for me.
Learn how to adapt and this game will surely be able to evolve into something beautiful.
Also, do all the side quests regardless of how mundane they appear at the time.
I'm still advocating the addition of enemies buffing themselves with stat boosting powers in the next arc.
If this game doesn't "up it's game" it will only be the same old routine strategies. I learned a lot from fighting difficult, hard, ( maybe even 'impossible' ) instances.
So, Amen, King Crimson !
It's about time that we faced a Privateer or Witchdoctor boss who takes the time to boost their minions.