Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday 10-21-16

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
Good luck to all my fellow pirates, I love hearing all your stories. I don't think I'll enter in the contest, but for the purpose of the thread I'd love to share a story.

My favorite memories span back to when I made my first account. I began playing the first week of the game's release in October. I created a witchdoctor named Dashing Lucas Xavier I thought it was a great name. I remember falling in love with the chess-like gameplay, strategically planning out every move. The storyline was unique and interesting, the characters were memorable (My History teacher HATES that I butcher historical names such as Napoleguin and Marco Pollo ), and the music was BEAUTIFULLY orchestrated (Shout out to the sound and music team!). My favorite memories are when I reached the max level at the time, which was 50. I remember farming for the rare and elusive tiger claws, because they looked so cool to me! I remember my friends telling me there were rumors of a reformed Inoshishi bandit pig named Ju Hao that you could get to join your crew, and being skeptical . I even recall questing through my favorite world, Cool Ranch, and learning about the Old West (Namely where the infamous El Toro came from, EL ZORRO! *cue El Toro theme*). Nowadays, I have 9 max level pirates under my belt, the most played of them being my original witchdoctor.

Pirate101 was fascinating to me at the time, and still is today. I was 14 when I began playing, and as of September am now 18. I've grown up with this game, and I hope to see it flourish more and more as the years go on. May we always remember the good times and the nefarious times Happy Birthday Pirate101, and the best of luck to you all in the contest!

Ensign
Sep 26, 2009
Still waiting for the day i get my own armada XD. When waiting for the dreadnaught, just decided that because of the fleet of ships around, we were the new armada. Watch out Spiral! We are coming!

Ensign
Apr 30, 2011
Since since joining not to long after launch I've made many memories playing this amazing game. (I prefer p101 over w101 anyways) from foiling fin and the prawns from taking over skull island to defeating Kane where do I start. But I'll have to say my favorite is probably seeing how the worlds connect to some of the real life places, like cool ranch is the circa1800 American west, and cool ranch is by far one of my favorite storylines. And my favorite place to visit, other then skull island or my house, is probably mooshu it's just a beautiful place to be

Fickle Evan teach lvl 70
Lvl57

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
it's hard to pick just one so many wonderful memories but one of my favorite ones is when lucky jack Russell got his third promotion and that's pretty recent but I just loved how he acted like a father figure in it he was watching out for me the whole time made sure no one hurt me and made sure I did the right thing and cared more about my memory then the el dorado map he reminds me so much of my dad in real life I can't imagine being without my dad and I feel the same about jack he's like the game Version of my dad and I hope he's always like that makes me feel more at home all my crew does and I never want that to change

Ensign
Sep 20, 2014
My favorite memory was finally defeating the Hydra with 4 people who I had certain friends with. I loved this moment because one, I got to skype and to my friends while playing my favorite game, but two, defeating a boss that had taken weeks to finally organize a group to defeat it. See ya in the Skyways!

Ensign
Mar 31, 2010
Well, my favorite memory would probably have to be when the game first went live. I was so exited to see a whole new 101 game! i played for a while and soon fell in love, the presido and the (orignial) three ghosts quest were more than enough to get me hooked eventually i found myself flying through worlds with my first character, till suddenly... i finished the game! thinking back to that day i slammed my keys making an account, that was my favorite memory by far!
Generous Chris Vane

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
Professor Falmea on Oct 21, 2016 wrote:
Hello my wonderful Pirates,

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

Here it is if you missed it: https://youtu.be/TTCd3HVkgh4

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Only one entry per person
- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- You have between now and October 30th, 2016 to make your entry message.
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- The winner will be announced at the end of this thread.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

Best of luck and I can’t wait to hear your wonderful memories!

Until next time, stay sharp and sail true, my Pirate friends!
My favorite memory was when I finished Cool Ranch, the struggle with the bumaloons, Santa Rana, but it was worth it for the beats EL TORO. -shooty202

{ Tall Caleb Pace level 70 }

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
anecorbie on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Oh I have so many favorite memories, Ms. Rubin! From the very beginning when I got to play a week early by using a game card and logging on to create my first pirate. I choose my parents to die by Skysquid, it tickled my funny bone, especially Gandry's comment of "It happens all the time."
Then meeting the wonderful posters here on the message boards, with their great advice and funny comments, I felt that I found a home.
The best memory though was last year - I was running the Tower of Moo Manchu in the hope of gaining that "Master of Moo" badge and the super support I got from other players who wanted to join me in my quest for it. I achieved that badge on my birthday!
Keep up the excellent standards of KingsIsle, this game is the best MMO I've played. Great story line, awesome writing, wonderful characters, splendid, fully realized worlds, music and sound effects, I could go on, but I must adhere to your request.
Fair Sailing, KingsIsle!
A teacher in my school is named Mrs. Rubin!

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
My favorite memory is when I found out a friend of many years had passed away. (Sounds very sad and un favoriteish, I know but please bear with me.) I had been chatting with a friend who was in another part of the game when I got the news. I was very careful to not sound overly dramatic, I just mentioned I had received some news and needed to log out. He, knowing me very well knew something was wrong and gently asked what was wrong. I told him and he immediately fled from a boss fight where he had been farming for much desired gear and teleported to me. He just said "Hugs" & "I am here for you" I was beyond touched that my pain was more important to him than any drop. Unbeknownst to me he sent out a message to other dear friends and I was soon surrounded by loving players that cared more about getting me through my grief than playing. I learned that night that this game is not just a game. These players are the family of my heart and they very gently took the best care of that heart and have ever since. I love them all.
I was listening to monquitsain music reading this 100% more sadder XD.

Ensign
Jul 17, 2014
noahdd on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
I'd have to say some of my favorite memories would have to be adventuring through Aquila and Valencia 2. Both of those hit close to home. I've always been a mythology nerd, I've read Homer's Illiad twice, been born and raised on the tales of the Argo and Hercules. So Aquila was fun for me, especially since I could make so many connections. Valencia 2 was also astoundingly awesome. I'm a bit of a steam/gear punk fan, and this expanded on that platform more. I'd always though about automata, but this brought a new depth to the thought. Instead of a programmed machine, the automata presented had souls. Deacon, Rooke, Bishop. All of them were unique and of their own personality. I only spotted it after the Typhon (I think) encounter. Every member of the Armada is almost their own person. It thrilled me, because although I had entertained an idea like this before, I could never figure out how to truly envision it. So yeah, These two expansions, going through them with my friends, they are some of my favorite memories of Pirate101.
Ever Percy Jackson? It has great mythology references!

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
I may not be max level quite yet, but I already have so many great memories in Pirate101. My number one by far has to be streaming the game with Tom Purdue, AKA One-Eyed Jack. About a year ago, we decided to team up and broadcast our low level pirate adventures to the rest of the community. It was my very first pirate, so I was a bit clueless, but I truly had a blast. After all, the wonderful community that was watching us was absolutely amazing. They interacted with us, gave us suggestions, and even logged in to help us out. They actually did most of the heavy lifting if I remember correctly. ;) Although I'm confident that I would have loved Pirate101 no matter what, streaming my first pirate certainly made the experience that much more memorable. Games are almost always more fun with friends, and this one is no exception. Streaming gave me just a small taste of everything that Pirate101 had to offer, including its supportive community.

I hope to make many more Pirate101 memories as the game continues. Thank you KingsIsle for creating this awesome game, and for the opportunity to win such a unique item! Kat Wenske has some killer cosplay skills, please pass on our thanks to her as well! That's an extremely generous thing for her to do.

Yarrr! Good luck everyone. :)

~Virtuous Vanessa

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DONNA0796 on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
When I finally got through Cool Ranch part2 Marly bone, and Aquila In one week excluding the weekend at the end of last school year
Welcome to the message boards Donna. Wow! You were one busy pirate.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
I met one of my best friends ever in the game almost four years ago, which is funny, considering this is Pirate101's fourth birthday. We would quest together, talk for hours, and laugh together all the time. We were friends for years. The people we met together were awesome; it was like having a giant party all the time. This person truly made a huge impact on my life, always being there for me and waiting for me patiently. I'll always thank P101 for the game that allowed me to meet my best friend.

Woo. That got real heavy real quick. Thanks for the opportunity to win this awesome mask!

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
CuriousWitch on Oct 22, 2016 wrote:
Good luck to all my fellow pirates, I love hearing all your stories. I don't think I'll enter in the contest, but for the purpose of the thread I'd love to share a story.

My favorite memories span back to when I made my first account. I began playing the first week of the game's release in October. I created a witchdoctor named Dashing Lucas Xavier I thought it was a great name. I remember falling in love with the chess-like gameplay, strategically planning out every move. The storyline was unique and interesting, the characters were memorable (My History teacher HATES that I butcher historical names such as Napoleguin and Marco Pollo ), and the music was BEAUTIFULLY orchestrated (Shout out to the sound and music team!). My favorite memories are when I reached the max level at the time, which was 50. I remember farming for the rare and elusive tiger claws, because they looked so cool to me! I remember my friends telling me there were rumors of a reformed Inoshishi bandit pig named Ju Hao that you could get to join your crew, and being skeptical . I even recall questing through my favorite world, Cool Ranch, and learning about the Old West (Namely where the infamous El Toro came from, EL ZORRO! *cue El Toro theme*). Nowadays, I have 9 max level pirates under my belt, the most played of them being my original witchdoctor.

Pirate101 was fascinating to me at the time, and still is today. I was 14 when I began playing, and as of September am now 18. I've grown up with this game, and I hope to see it flourish more and more as the years go on. May we always remember the good times and the nefarious times Happy Birthday Pirate101, and the best of luck to you all in the contest!
I was that age at the time I stared playing too! Something about this game allows you to grow up with it and still have a deep regard for it. I think, when it comes to games, that is one of the most important aspects.

Thank you for your story

Ensign
Feb 14, 2011
Well I was originally a Wizard101 player, but when I switched over to Pirate101, I fell in love with it! The story, the graphics, the character development and char. designs, and overall gameplay—everything about P101 was/is perfect! As soon my obligations (e.g. membership) to Wizard101 ended, I jumped at the chance to become a member of the pirating side of the Spiral. I've grown as a fearsome pirate and loyal player ever since, and am quickly becoming an avid member of the Pirate101 Central fan site as well.

Although I may not have as much history with Pirate101 as its predecessor, I'm gathering a collection of new, fonder memories. It's hard to pick just one, but I'll try. After meeting my in-game friends, Tati and Hank, pretty early into my full-on life of piracy, we've often helped each other quest and fight throughout the Spiral. One of my favorite—and more recent—memories is of getting an early introduction to Kane; my friends let me port in at the start of The Machine Core dungeon and fight alongside them all the way to the "King Clockwork" himself. Getting a crash course in bashing up the top-tier Armada scum was a blast!

Thank you for the contest, and good luck to me fellow pirates too! Arrr!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hannah StoryHunter on Oct 26, 2016 wrote:
Well I was originally a Wizard101 player, but when I switched over to Pirate101, I fell in love with it! The story, the graphics, the character development and char. designs, and overall gameplay—everything about P101 was/is perfect! As soon my obligations (e.g. membership) to Wizard101 ended, I jumped at the chance to become a member of the pirating side of the Spiral. I've grown as a fearsome pirate and loyal player ever since, and am quickly becoming an avid member of the Pirate101 Central fan site as well.

Although I may not have as much history with Pirate101 as its predecessor, I'm gathering a collection of new, fonder memories. It's hard to pick just one, but I'll try. After meeting my in-game friends, Tati and Hank, pretty early into my full-on life of piracy, we've often helped each other quest and fight throughout the Spiral. One of my favorite—and more recent—memories is of getting an early introduction to Kane; my friends let me port in at the start of The Machine Core dungeon and fight alongside them all the way to the "King Clockwork" himself. Getting a crash course in bashing up the top-tier Armada scum was a blast!

Thank you for the contest, and good luck to me fellow pirates too! Arrr!
Welcome to the message boards Hannah. Now that you are officially a Message Board Marauder, you will have many more marauding friends to create more great memories with.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2016
For me, it was coming back to Pirate101. I had been around a bit at the beginning but kinda fell off after a while when life got kinda busy. Coming back about a year and half ago was probably one of the best decisions I ever made, considering I now have a great group of friends to hang out with and cause general pirate shenanigans with.
The best thing so far, would be when Valencia 2 was released, because it was the first world update we all got to share together. When test realm went up, I was spammed with messages from my friends, all of us speculating and excited for something new. It was the best feeling and quite frankly, nothing can replace it, which is probably why I remember it better than the other nonsensical things my friends and I have done, haha!

Here's hoping the next one blows us away as well!
~Payton Nightingale, (Best Shot in the Spiral)

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
My memory was when i joined and a thing much later, i was 8 years old and i saw this game, "Pirate101" i knew the game Wizard101 and my mom thought it was the same thing, luckily i convinced her to get it in November 2012. I started as a swashbuckler and i don't really have any other pirates because my swash and i have been through it all, anyways later in my adventure i took a break because i was one of those people who stopped pirate101 at the former highest level "50" and to be honest Mooshoo was one of my FAVORITE worlds.
I loved the atmosphere, colours, characters, and story line. But i remember was much later when i was watching my favorite Pirate101 youtuber, Kvtasmania or KvExperiences, and i found this code and i used it and we became friends, he was a level 62 i think and was becoming a citizen in aquila while i was maxed out.
Anyways in His episode Aquila episode 13 i was that guy helping him throughout the episode, sadly we didnt see eachother much since i took a break since it wasnt really updated much.Finally i met him again in the time of Moo Manchu and later on i think, anyways those are my favorite memories

Ensign
Nov 18, 2012

We’ve had so much fun celebrating the fourth birthday of Pirate101, and I sincerely hope you enjoyed watching our recent KI Live where we played through (quickly thanks to some great assistance) the final battle with Kane and focused in on Pirate101.

During KI Live we also showed off a cool mask that Kat Wenske, our associate producer of sound, had designed specifically to give away to a lucky Pirate101 player! (You can see this mask at the 23:00 minute mark on the YouTube video.) In those regards this Falmea Friday is not only asking for feedback but will also serve as your entry into our contest!

Please write us a paragraph or two (no more than that though! There is a limit here on the message boards J) and let us know your favorite memory from the past four years of Pirate101.

Rules are as follows:

- Reply on this thread on this message board to be entered (entries or replies to our social media posts or our YouTube video do not count).
- Do your best! (this will ultimately be a raffle, but if you wrote some meaningless two word scribble, we’ll keelhaul your entry.)
- Make sure your email is up to date on your account. This is how we will contact our winner! If we can’t get ahold of you, then we’ll be unable to ask you for more details.
- You must feel comfortable giving us your mailing address when contacted! The mask will need to be shipped to you, so if you’re under the age of 13, get the permission of your parent or guardian.
- Don’t include your contact information in your entry! (your forum username should give us enough information to track your email down.)
- If you have any other questions, please contact us at community@pirate101.com.

My favorite part of Pirate101 the past four years is definitely the revolutionizing. How this game has improved so much in the past years, the new updates, the combat system, the story, I think it is absolutely phenomenal how much KingsIsle has done to this game. And the Valencia Part 2 update was so good! I knew it was worth the wait! So what if I don't win :P, these things have amazed me and excited me for a long time. Good luck all!

Ensign
Dec 31, 2014
I think that my all time favorite memory was one a lot more recent. It was the final battle between my pirate, Sly Scarlet, and Kane. I didn't want to do the battle immediately, no, I waited until my birthday. I had enough crowns for a privateer henchman, and all I had to do was team up. It took three tries to get the best team I could have ever asked for. I befriended a musketeer who was also waiting to team up, and then a buccaneer came along, and then, a swashbuckler. Although I was the only girl of the group, it was absolutely amazing. We were unstoppable! Not one of our companions were knocked out. And then...finally... The battle between the four of us and Kane. We all had full health, no companions on bed rest. This was it. My pirate teammates were all reluctant to start, so I was the one to approach Kane himself in our final battle. It was so much fun and epic! No glitches, no nothing! My privateer henchman was so useful, and my teammates didn't falter at all when it came to working together. Left and right the armada was falling, and we were victorious. And then, Kane became immune, but we kept on fighting. And then...we were one hit away from victory. Who was going to be the one to destroy Kane? We all targeted him as quick as we could. The round started, and then...

My witch doctor, Scarlet got a critical hit, and Kane fell to the ground, defeated. I got the final hit on Kane. I was the one to save the spiral. Not my companions, but my character herself. I couldn't believe it. We had won, with no one but a few companions knocked out. It was beautiful. And then we got to have closure with my parents, and my companions told me themselves that they would always be my family. I started to tear up at that. We had come so far, and in the end, we weren't pirates, but heroes. And even though Queen is still alive, I know for a fact that we will defeat her. This was my favorite part of the game, because it was a perfect ending, and a powerful beginning.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2008
My favorite memory from Pirate101 was when I did the Blind Mew quest. I know it sounds strange but that cat always interested me and I would given him much more gold than 1! I think its because I love cats but he is so awesome! - Tall Valkoor Xanderman Level 70

Ensign
Jul 24, 2012

Rules are as follows:

I have a lot of favorite memories from this game, most all from new updates coming out. My favorite memory would probably be getting on the day the test realm came out with Marleybone and Aquila. I was so excited to get back into the story and see all the scenery, new items and companions that came with it. Updates with worlds are definitely the best!

Ensign
Feb 09, 2013
My favorite moment from P101 was when I finally reached Aquila. During school, our teacher made us read books like the Iliad and the Odyssey. And when I came to Aquila, it was amazing how the developers of the game was able to add stories within the storylines; also I love battle creatures like the Minotaurs, Sirens, Medusa and many others. And even thought I like the Valencia 2 update, I truly believe Aquila is a moment that will be remembered.
Fiery Jordan Jackson Lvl 70 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Jun 03, 2014
My fondest memory with Kingsisle Entertainment was probably when i first got the nerve to ask my grandmother to by me a prepaid card in 2010. So i was ten years old and back then all there was was wizard 101 i was a free player and i couldn't asked my grandmother for the money for the prepaid card because i thought she would say no so i went for a while playing as much as i could that was free at the time. Then one day when there was nothing else i could do on wizard 101 i summoned up my courage and asked her and she said YES i was so happy and the first thing i bought was firecat alley and cyclops lane.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2016
My favorite memory was when i got a really good pedigree golden sky dragon. I was so happy when that happened! I love that pet so much that I will use it to get a max pedigree one. Honorable mentions for my favorite memory include getting ratbeard as a companion, getting el toro, going through monquista, wrecking general tso in solo, and many more that i cannot name. All those were really good memories but the top one was receiving my 581 pedigree sky dragon. The story was really well planned out to me as well. Keep up the good work KI! I hop I win and good luck to those who really want the Kane mask! Farewell to ye everyone and good luck!

Dark Christopher Armstrong level 49