Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateer Question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 17, 2015
Hey heyy, i've been wondering if i should get the epics from Lost Hoplite, Flanking 2, Relentless and Cheap Shot 2

I'm pretty sure i'm going to put my Practice points on Staffy Weapons 2, Spooky 2, Raise Barricade (I gotta get Snap Shot, Grape Shot and Claw Trap for it) but should i get Cheap Shot or/and Flanking? I fear that in PVP i will trigger Cheap Shot on a Buccaneer, and then the Buccaneer enemy will critical with Vengeance Strike, loads of Blade Storms and Relentlesses and so on. My companions would be on their own, and i would most likely lose the battle.

Is it wise to train Cheap Shot or/and Flanking?
I hope you will reply

Level 70 Christina De Bouff
Level 65 Smart Agnes Percy
Level 36 Cheryl DeClark
Level 12 Irene Wright

Ensign
Jan 18, 2010
Owning a level 70 Privateer myself I think I'll be able to more than add some input to your question.
Personally, I do not think this is a great idea for both PvP and PvE. Why? Allow me to expound:
Well, recall that since you're a Privateer and not a Buccaneer or Swash, your major role is solely is to buff, heal and protect. So, you almost would have no reason to even move a square on the game board, and even if you do, it shouldn't be necessarily to attack. Our companions do the work, we're only to support. I personally dislike the Repel Borders on my Private as many Swash alongside Bucc's as you mentioned can easily take advantage of this epic and either spam their riposte's on me or their Vengeance Strikes, we can't have that, now can we?
So, with this said, I don't think it's wise. It will only result in your downfall in the end. Also, if you're the witch type of Privy, then you'll be using staffs, so why do you need those talents anyways? You know?

Hope I could help!

Happy Salin'

Fearless Edward - Level 70
Fearless Edward Armstrong - Level 70
Smart Tyson - Level 70
Cruel Lucas - Level 66

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I took the relentless on my privateer and did not take flanking or cheap shot. I have the extra points to spend on the relentless though.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I myself tend to stay away from Cheap Shot unless I am a Buccaneer or Swashbuckler (and even then that is usually my last choice). I rarely use Raise Barricade (maybe I should use it more?). I mainly use Flanking and Relentless and try to get both on any of my Melee Companions.