Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Drop Rates in The Tower of Moo Manchu

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
As of late, I have become extremely frustrated with the drop rates in The Tower of Moo Manchu. I've gotten two Nefarious Novablasters, and two pairs of Nefarious Knives. The two classes I do not play are Musketeer, and Swashbuckler, and I have done all my runs of the dungeon on my Witchdoctor, going after the Nefarious Staff. Is there possibly a bug where your own Class's weapon doesn't drop, or am I just having awful luck?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TheBananaBro on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
As of late, I have become extremely frustrated with the drop rates in The Tower of Moo Manchu. I've gotten two Nefarious Novablasters, and two pairs of Nefarious Knives. The two classes I do not play are Musketeer, and Swashbuckler, and I have done all my runs of the dungeon on my Witchdoctor, going after the Nefarious Staff. Is there possibly a bug where your own Class's weapon doesn't drop, or am I just having awful luck?
Awful luck.
The only way to get what you want is to run that Tower as often as you can. ( or as often as you can stand it. )
I wish you the very best of luck and hope you get The Nefarious Staff & Moo Manchu's Staff of Power ( IMO, the Staff of Power is better than the Nefarious Staff.)

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Considering that I've been through the tower many times on multiple characters and have never gotten a nefarious weapon drop, I'd say that you're pretty darn lucky!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
It has always seemed to me that 70% of the good drops (in any dungeon) were for other Pirate classes than the Pirate I was using. That's why I finally had five different Pirates with five different classes on my account. I didn't like having to give up good equipment (even if you can sell it for Gold)!

Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
I'm happy to report that over the weekend, the RNG God's smiled upon me, and after a few rolls on Moo Manchu's loot chest, I managed to get the Staff of Power! Now, although I would heavily prefer the Nefarious Staff, it's just nice to have a new staff to replace my old one which I have had for multiple months.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2011
TheBananaBro on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
If you plan on trying to get your nefarious weapons, continue to farm. From what I have noticed, the drops of the weapon suited to your class is a lot more uncommon than the others. I myself nearly got the pagoda paragon badge before finally getting the axe. Your luck does have something to do with it, however, there is a mechanic in the games coding which makes those drops a lot more rare, including your class's gear. If you will take for example, other bosses that are notorious for dropping wonderful gear for each separate class. Kane, for example, my friend had to defeat him over 22 times to get his mask, another one of my friends achieved 2 masks in about half of that. It is a fusion between the coding AND your luck. Just keep on farming and eventually you will get it, however, those weapons are currently out of season due to the Renegade Dreadnaught and it's haywire armada weapons.

Ensign
Nov 10, 2013
I moo manchu i drank the potion i took my armor off and i never got the nefarious 6th badge so i didn't get the eyes so i need help on getting the eyes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ryan32165089 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
I moo manchu i drank the potion i took my armor off and i never got the nefarious 6th badge so i didn't get the eyes so i need help on getting the eyes.
Did your team fail to defeat the Nefarious Five? If they DID beat them, then you have the badge. Look under your combat badges ( crossed swords icon ) on the badges page - the name of the badge is The Nefarious Sixth.
When you equip the badge then you get the glowing eyes effect.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
ryan32165089 on Nov 27, 2016 wrote:
I am planning on starting that dungeon tomorrow. If you would like me to tag along with you.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
I always say a good group makes the moo run so much better. Grab a few friends that love to farm and make a group of it to go once a day you will get most of what you want. I have done Moo over one hundred times with second chance chest and never did get the moo robe or lotus mask.