Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Weapons are awesome

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have run the Ashes of the Armada Dreadnaught several times - the Dreadnaught battle itself isn't too hard, I even managed to solo it. Its just getting into the dang thing that's difficult.
But what I'm here for is to make a report on the weapons available for pirates; this list may be incomplete and need updating.
If you recieved weapons different from the ones I'm listing, please post.
Haywire Weapons:
Armada Rifle
Shooty, level 70, Agility bonus
Base weapon power - 216
Range of 4
Haywire shot ( 2 ) 605, may cause a knockback
Enforcer Set
Shooty/smashy, level 70, Agility bonus
Base weapon power 227
Range 3
+ 17 base armor
Haywire Shot ( see above for details )
Haywire Shield Smash 303 knockback
Haywire Swashbuckler Set
Stabby/Shooty, level 70, Agility bonus
Base weapon power 216
+17 base armor
Haywire Strike 293, unpredictable effects! ( yes, this is what the card said, can't wait to try it! )
Haywire Armada Greatsword
Slashy/Smashy, level 70, Strength bonus
Base weapon power 250
Haywire Strike ( 2 ) see above for details.
I don't know yet if there is a staffy set for witchdoctors.
This dungeon also drops W101 furnishings and SCRIP!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I got a new one last night:
Haywire Armada Halberd
Level 70, strength bonus
Base weapon power 216
+ 17 base armor
Haywire Strike 212 ( unpredictable results )
Shield Smash 231 knockback

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
After using the chest about 10 times I got the knives which give two unpredictable effect cards that do 303 and have a base power of 237 I think

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for posting your weapon swag! Rogan has picked up three weapons so far:

The Haywire Pirate Set
Slashy, 227 damage, gives 2 x Haywire Strikes (293, unpredictable results).

The Haywire Armada Blade
Shooty/Slashy, 227 damage, gives on Haywire Strike and one Haywire Shot (945 + possible knockback)

The Haywire Royal Great Axe
Slashy/Smashy, 250 damage, gives 2 x Haywire Strike.

Looking forward to further looting!

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
There are so many weapons to collect and the drop rate for them seems high ( I hope that doesn't get changed when it goes live )!
As I said to a friend who was telling me about the FOUR weapons he got in one battle:
"Lucky in Test Realm, unlucky in Live."

My 'swag' was achieved by using the SCC with the free crowns KI generously gives so we can test everything without trouble.
And yes, I've discovered there IS a combo Staffy/stabby weapon, so WD's rejoice!

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Ohh combo weapons, where's the shooty/staffy?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
I haven't seen one yet, but I'm sure there must be one as there are many combos already dropped!

Developer
If something is missing, please let me know. We can't make new assets at this late date, but I've already found a couple where I could push around the talent tags a bit to give more coverage.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
Ratbeard on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
If something is missing, please let me know. We can't make new assets at this late date, but I've already found a couple where I could push around the talent tags a bit to give more coverage.
One that is "missing" (as far as I know) is a Will-based Slashy/Smashy weapon. As Privateers' main stat is Will and their primary weapon type is Slashy/Smashy (sword and shield), it only makes sense that there would be Will-based Slashy/Smashy weapons. The Bound Oni Bulwark and the PvP Privateer weapons are currently the only Will-based Slashy/Smashy. I assume it'd be easier the change a couple of the new Slashy/Smashy (shield and sword) weapons to boost from Will rather than Strength. Privateers naturally train three team Will buffs (Calm the Troops etc.) and their highest stats is Will, yet the huge majority of their typical weapons boost from Strength (just look at the weapons they receive through quest rewards--all boost from Strength!!!).

Buccaneers still will have the 'Choppy' (two-handed) Slashy/Smashy weapons which boost from Strength.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Could you make a couple of the pure melee will based? Like the smashy/slashy guardian's set I know a lot of people has stated they want more weapons that are not staffy to be Will based like the Oni's Bound Bulwark

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Actually the fine people of Central found a shooty/staffy :)

Thanks though!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The Haywire Heironymous Staff:
Staffy Weapon, Range 3
Area effect: the cross pattern
Damage: 250
Gives 2x Surge of Technomancy (Damages target and removes ? effects [can't make it out]).

-Indigo

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 28, 2016 wrote:
I have run the Ashes of the Armada Dreadnaught several times - the Dreadnaught battle itself isn't too hard, I even managed to solo it. Its just getting into the dang thing that's difficult.
But what I'm here for is to make a report on the weapons available for pirates; this list may be incomplete and need updating.
If you recieved weapons different from the ones I'm listing, please post.
Haywire Weapons:
Armada Rifle
Shooty, level 70, Agility bonus
Base weapon power - 216
Range of 4
Haywire shot ( 2 ) 605, may cause a knockback
Enforcer Set
Shooty/smashy, level 70, Agility bonus
Base weapon power 227
Range 3
+ 17 base armor
Haywire Shield Smash 303 knockback
Haywire Swashbuckler Set
Stabby/Shooty, level 70, Agility bonus
Base weapon power 216
+17 base armor
Haywire Strike 293, unpredictable effects! ( yes, this is what the card said, can't wait to try it! )
Haywire Armada Greatsword
Slashy/Smashy, level 70, Strength bonus
Base weapon power 250
Haywire Strike ( 2 ) see above for details.
I don't know yet if there is a staffy set for witchdoctors.
This dungeon also drops W101 furnishings and SCRIP!
I couldn't more agree Fair Lass, these weapons be Outrageously Epic, I can't wait fer more.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
It's called the haywire technomancer set. I haven't had much time to play pirates recently as I've been in wiz but we managed to gather some pictures of the weapons here at Duelist101.

http://www.duelist101.com/news/pirate101-updates/dreadnaught-fortress-weapon-drops/

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Long as they're in tune and balanced a bit to be more fair at their appropriate levels, I'm fine with it.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Sep 29, 2016 wrote:
There are so many weapons to collect and the drop rate for them seems high ( I hope that doesn't get changed when it goes live )!
As I said to a friend who was telling me about the FOUR weapons he got in one battle:
"Lucky in Test Realm, unlucky in Live."

My 'swag' was achieved by using the SCC with the free crowns KI generously gives so we can test everything without trouble.
And yes, I've discovered there IS a combo Staffy/stabby weapon, so WD's rejoice!
Quick question, anecorbie. Are those new Haywire Armada weapons a bit more powerful?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:
Quick question, anecorbie. Are those new Haywire Armada weapons a bit more powerful?
They are as you can see just a bit more powerful than the Moo Tower weapons, plus they come with power cards
and often a boost to armor or armor penetration. ( So far as I've seen ).