Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PVP must have change

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 26, 2011
Ok this isn't new. However, today i was playing at warrior on my privateer since i just started pvp on him. Guess who I faced? a lvl 53! He had no forts, no goronado, no highland, or anything! I understand I am low rating but this is extremely unfair! I am a lvl 70 privy with mainly tower, purge, and staff. How is this fair! What's worse is I think I understand why these changes happened. Kingsisle, or Ratbeard, or whatever please change the pvp system. 1. max levels only vs max levels 2. if you flee a match you must recieve a 10 minute penalty. Like in wizard101. so many people are fleeing matches to get their friends and it's literally been taking hours to get matches. Kingsisle please address these issues for the upcoming fall season! (the rest is fine).

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
miranda deathgem on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
Ok this isn't new. However, today i was playing at warrior on my privateer since i just started pvp on him. Guess who I faced? a lvl 53! He had no forts, no goronado, no highland, or anything! I understand I am low rating but this is extremely unfair! I am a lvl 70 privy with mainly tower, purge, and staff. How is this fair! What's worse is I think I understand why these changes happened. Kingsisle, or Ratbeard, or whatever please change the pvp system. 1. max levels only vs max levels 2. if you flee a match you must recieve a 10 minute penalty. Like in wizard101. so many people are fleeing matches to get their friends and it's literally been taking hours to get matches. Kingsisle please address these issues for the upcoming fall season! (the rest is fine).
When a person flees a match they receive a loss in their rating. They also do not receive any scrip (a player who loses still receives scrip).

Do you blame your opponent for fleeing? They knew they were going to lose anyways with a mismatch of approx. 20 levels. They just saved themselves some time and use that time to possibly re-queue to getting a better match.

I am one of those players that cancels a queue if it goes too long, since I know the chances of a mismatch like you described increases significantly the longer you stay in queue.

The solution to this problem is the same as it was for Wizard101....get more people to PvP (more people of mixed skill and level ranges). That is what the system tries to match, but with a lack in pool of appropriate skill/level ranges the system tries to give you the next best thing. Below is Ratbeard's previous response that getting a match is still better than not getting a match (even if it is unbalanced):

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-spar-chamber/promoting-positive-ranked-pvp-8ad6a4174d706efc014d78a8d88b477c/8ad6a4154db886af014dbaae0fde1259?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4154db886af014dbaae0fde1259

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
If there is one thing i noticed there are too many bucks!!! A witch like my character has a low chance to win to a buck. the only reason i ever beat one is because they dont draw shields or are completely horrible strategists.
I decided to make a list of things i think need to be changed or nerfed based on a pov of a witch
6 summons are worthless
ai for summoned enemies is horrible, they have horrible attack, dodge, accuracy. as well as the fact that they are practically a free blade storm.
5 Bucks using shields
bucks have shields that block up to seventy five% damage
4 Pay to win jerks
nausica or goronado are so good in pvp that its extremely rare that i dont lose to one
3 waiting out buffs
the barrels found in the middle of pvp can block your view making it so that you cant attack and a buck will wait till your scratch buffs are gone to start attacking. if you dont draw a bomb spell and if you use a companion to open a path you practically sacrifice them.
2 blast of discord and first mates boon while i cant use charm
two deadly spells that can one hit you. witchdoctors have charm which is one of our best spells that we cant use in pvp. i know that making only pve isnt a favored idea in ki but this is a real problem
1 peter quint and bucks having such high dodge ties for first
bucks rely on vengeance strike but the fact that they dodge so much can still cost the game

Ensign
Jun 26, 2011
No I did not mean flee as in join a match I mean in que. people will cancel in Que until they get their friends. My opponent didn't flee. He was lvl 53 which I find unfair. I was stating that people who cancel a match before they connect until they get their friends need to be stopped. I believe there should be a cool down if you cancel a match. This way, it will stop boosting forever which may result in unfair matches and fake champions if boosting contained. I am sorry for misguiding you with the word "fleeing". I meant canceling in que till you get your friend.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
nefarious alex on Aug 18, 2016 wrote:
If there is one thing i noticed there are too many bucks!!! A witch like my character has a low chance to win to a buck. the only reason i ever beat one is because they dont draw shields or are completely horrible strategists.
I decided to make a list of things i think need to be changed or nerfed based on a pov of a witch
6 summons are worthless
ai for summoned enemies is horrible, they have horrible attack, dodge, accuracy. as well as the fact that they are practically a free blade storm.
5 Bucks using shields
bucks have shields that block up to seventy five% damage
4 Pay to win jerks
nausica or goronado are so good in pvp that its extremely rare that i dont lose to one
3 waiting out buffs
the barrels found in the middle of pvp can block your view making it so that you cant attack and a buck will wait till your scratch buffs are gone to start attacking. if you dont draw a bomb spell and if you use a companion to open a path you practically sacrifice them.
2 blast of discord and first mates boon while i cant use charm
two deadly spells that can one hit you. witchdoctors have charm which is one of our best spells that we cant use in pvp. i know that making only pve isnt a favored idea in ki but this is a real problem
1 peter quint and bucks having such high dodge ties for first
bucks rely on vengeance strike but the fact that they dodge so much can still cost the game
6 Summons are some of the most challenging things to deal with in PvP! Just use scratch's buff first if you're going to use your self-trained summons.

5 In order to block 75% spooky or staffy damage, a buccaneer must have two valor's fortresses on simultaneously. This means the 75% protection will only last 4 turns at the most and it also means that they gave up two gear slots to get those four turns of protection. A witchdoctor can not only get two (or more) valor's fortresses, they can also use valor's armor or even have a pet that grants kraken's lament; this will protect you from a melee attack just as well as a fortress (minus bleeding of course).

4 Have to agree here, nothing more annoying than a buckler who can one turn rush with goro and nausica.

3 All classes can train gunnery for a single practice point. Many players use this power first turn to wipe out the boxes from a distance so they don't endanger themselves. You could also use a high range character like bonnie to shoot the boxes.

2 First mate's boon is indeed deadly. However, blast of discord is luck based and is actually a weak power most of the time I have seen it. As for charm, I think KI will be adding it to PvP in the future.

1 Who are you using for companions? Did you train them in accurate? A lot of buccaneers will use el toro, who gives everyone additional dodge for five turns. It could also be that you got hit by pete's brutal charge and lost half your accuracy.

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
bluba4 on Aug 19, 2016 wrote:
6 Summons are some of the most challenging things to deal with in PvP! Just use scratch's buff first if you're going to use your self-trained summons.

5 In order to block 75% spooky or staffy damage, a buccaneer must have two valor's fortresses on simultaneously. This means the 75% protection will only last 4 turns at the most and it also means that they gave up two gear slots to get those four turns of protection. A witchdoctor can not only get two (or more) valor's fortresses, they can also use valor's armor or even have a pet that grants kraken's lament; this will protect you from a melee attack just as well as a fortress (minus bleeding of course).

4 Have to agree here, nothing more annoying than a buckler who can one turn rush with goro and nausica.

3 All classes can train gunnery for a single practice point. Many players use this power first turn to wipe out the boxes from a distance so they don't endanger themselves. You could also use a high range character like bonnie to shoot the boxes.

2 First mate's boon is indeed deadly. However, blast of discord is luck based and is actually a weak power most of the time I have seen it. As for charm, I think KI will be adding it to PvP in the future.

1 Who are you using for companions? Did you train them in accurate? A lot of buccaneers will use el toro, who gives everyone additional dodge for five turns. It could also be that you got hit by pete's brutal charge and lost half your accuracy.
6 even with scratch buff stygian chorus has eight hundred health and still has horrible accuracy. while summoning one at a time works decently but takes forever.
5 fortress is still ridiculous no matter the circumstances it doesnt matter if you dont have gear other than it if you havent noticed a buck or buckler can destroy you in one turn
2 its like chain lightning theres about a 75% chance to keep going.as a companion does about 400 damage per attack that means your likely to take tons of damage
1 i mean peter quint is overpowered and is as good as the main. as well as the fact that bucks train in dodgy which allows them to miss even though they use vengeance strike the high dodge can cost a match