Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Morphing - Please help a new guy out!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
Hello. I'm looking to create a pet that will improve my success in battles. I have seen numerous people with pets with 6-7 grants, and through vain attempts in morphing I cannot seem to get something like this. Can someone please explain how to acquire desired Powers and Talents, group them into a single pet's pool, and actually have them manifested through training? Any help would be much appreciated.

- Blaze Zipman, level 70 Swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Oct 26, 2013
start breeding pets that have rank 4 or 5 talents that you want (look it up on the wiki) until you have desired traits from both parents. do this with other pets as well then breed the second generation pets. keep going until you have what you want. or just find people who are willing to breed with you. im currently still getting my good pets to adult but then i can.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Brian Rainthorn on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
Hello. I'm looking to create a pet that will improve my success in battles. I have seen numerous people with pets with 6-7 grants, and through vain attempts in morphing I cannot seem to get something like this. Can someone please explain how to acquire desired Powers and Talents, group them into a single pet's pool, and actually have them manifested through training? Any help would be much appreciated.

- Blaze Zipman, level 70 Swashbuckler
It's heavily randomness based, so all you need is luck... though a manifested power/talent has more chance to be manifested by the offspring. So maybe you should avoid using pets that have undesired powers/talents for starters.

Then again, chance of manifesting is small even if parents have it, so you might very well avoid undesired ones.

You could check wiki to see which pets have what you want in their pool, then start working with those.

You can only do so much by yourself though, eventually you might want to ask help from other people.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
*Lays face down on the ground* ...... .....*Pets trample over me in sorrow*

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
The more pets you have the happier your house when you teleport home!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
But Decius i have no more room in my house for pets - how can i make it happier?

Ensign
Jul 10, 2010
Aye, @DeciusDuelmaster, I have plenty of space left in my house for furniture but I can't place anymore pets because it won't let me "place any more of this item." I think it's a rip-off considering my house still has space but it won't let me place my pets.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Brave Hunter Young on Aug 14, 2016 wrote:
Aye, @DeciusDuelmaster, I have plenty of space left in my house for furniture but I can't place anymore pets because it won't let me "place any more of this item." I think it's a rip-off considering my house still has space but it won't let me place my pets.
Well the Pirate Health inspector does limit the amount of pets one can have in a single area.
But really its because if too many pets are on screen at one time you might find yourself with a very slow screen.
(OOC, too many pets on the screen at once will cause some video cards to have issues, so we had to limit it.)

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hey guys! I just wanted to make sure that I've got this right before embarking on my one pet to rule them all quest. Is this how pet morphing for works;

Parent #1 Parent #2 Parent #3 Parent #4
GEN 1 - Grants Tough with Grants Regroup & Grants Jobu's Kiss with Grants Riposte

Child #16 Child #35

GEN 2 - Grants Tough with Grants Jobu's Kiss
Grants Regroup Grants Riposte

Grandchild #135
GEN 3 - Grants Tough
Grants Regroup
Grants Jobu's Kiss
Grants Riposte

Any advice will be highly appreciated!

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Also, does the position in which the power/talent appear on the list of possible power/talents affect the odds of it being received by the offspring. EG:

parent 1:
slot 1
slot 2
slot 3
grants dodgy
slot 5

parent 2:
slot 1
slot 2
slot 3
grants tough
slot 5

child:
slot 1
slot 2
slot 3
grants dodgy or grants tough
slot 5

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Krigleblort on Aug 13, 2016 wrote:
But Decius i have no more room in my house for pets - how can i make it happier?
Buy another house. Since at least 10 of the houses can be bought for Gold, that shouldn't be a problem.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
Buy another house. Since at least 10 of the houses can be bought for Gold, that shouldn't be a problem.
Aye, but if you need more than 3 houses, you'll need to buy extra housing elixir from the Crowns Shop.