Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cambions and other Devils

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
You haven't heard about Cambions? Well, Cambions are the sons/daughters of a human and a succubus/incubus. Succubus and Incubus's are Lilin-demon in male or female form who, according to mythological and legendary traditions ... I think it's better if I don't explain. That's what google's for. I'm here to ask ye, KI, are you going to add Cambion's, Succubus', Incubus', or other Devil type creatures into pirate101? We allready have Dead men, ghosts, sharks, and devilish monkeys, so why not Cambions?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the Fearless Devil on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
You haven't heard about Cambions? Well, Cambions are the sons/daughters of a human and a succubus/incubus. Succubus and Incubus's are Lilin-demon in male or female form who, according to mythological and legendary traditions ... I think it's better if I don't explain. That's what google's for. I'm here to ask ye, KI, are you going to add Cambion's, Succubus', Incubus', or other Devil type creatures into pirate101? We allready have Dead men, ghosts, sharks, and devilish monkeys, so why not Cambions?
I believe Cambions are copyright creatures invented for the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons gaming system. As such they're protected from being exploited in other games.
I, for one, don't think Satanic, evil creatures should be in this game.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I had never heard of Cambions before, and I don't think we need plumb the depths of the darkness for enemies in this family-friendly game.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
I believe Cambions are copyright creatures invented for the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons gaming system. As such they're protected from being exploited in other games.
Well, good point, this IS a kids game, to be fair. But I don't think they're copyrighted for the AD&D gaming system. In fact, right here (Sorry, link removed per the rules ~One-eyed Jack) is a link to the unnatural wiki page for Cambions, and I think they're as integrated into our consciousness as much as Succubus and Incubus.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
Actually, cambions are mythological demonic beings. They can even be found in Shakespeare's works. They are in D&D as well but their description was changed a bit. (I also won't go into the graphic details lol)
I agree that they are a bit too "evil" to be included in P101, especially given KI's marketing demographic.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I'm all for more creepy and demonic things to fight in a game like Pirate101 (yikes, that sounds really awful now that I think about it) but given the game's nature as a family-friendly experience, I don't think it would be a good idea to make a literal demon an enemy, major or minor. Because demons are, well, the way they are, especially the succubus or incubus brand, they're not exactly geared towards games that kids play.

If we were getting into whether or not any kind of demon would be acceptable, I'd say a watered down version could be, considering we've fought the demon monkeys in Diablo Cut, Oni in MooShu, creatures like the Floating Dutchman, Captain Blood and the Duck of Death, and many vengeful spirits in pretty much every world.

I'd love to see a recurring NPC character that is (very) loosely based on Rin Okumura from Ao no Exorcist (Blue Exorcist). For those who've never heard of the series, Rin is the son of a human woman and a demon, and he inherited powers from his demon father. He has to learn to control that power so he doesn't lose himself and turn completely demonic. I think it would be interesting if we were to encounter a character like Rin in Darkmoor if we ever go there. I'd imagine the quest line as the pirate helping the NPC demon learn how to battle properly without losing control, and in return they'd help us with whatever major thing we're doing in Darkmoor. Naturally they wouldn't be overly scary or anything; I'm not so insane as to suggest we bring something Satanic into a kids' game.

So, essentially, wouldn't a very watered-down demon be acceptable? There are some creatures that could be considered "demonic" in the game already; adding another, as long as it's more of a comical version of a demon than a truly evil creature from the depths, couldn't be too bad.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2009
From the stand point of making a game they did there research just look at wizards this all so brings the point can they work them in to the game and make them work like in moo shu they should have yokai and not pigs but pigs are easy to work with and there cute yokai are very diverse and most would be hard to work into a game . Just saying it's hard to cover everything and still make a game with some balance of play ability and fun besides most kids have never heard of cambion's unless they are history and mythology nut's I'm one and have been for ever.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
it be not me Mug of Yum, further more they be right I studied many a creatures before and those be very inappropriate, and Scar the wee ones fer life if ye ask me.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan