Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why is Com. Typhon unfarmable?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Can you please tell me why Commander Typhon is un-farm-able? This is a quest line instance with a sigil, it should be farm-able. Doesn't Typhon have drops that make it worth farming? Yet after turning in the quest the sigil disappears!
Can we please have Typhon be farm-able?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I have to agree, the few of his drops that have been recorded are decent, and the battle was fun. I'd like to go back and see what else is available, but apparently I don't get a chance to. It'd be nice to go back and battle him some more.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
While this would be fun to redo, drop wise, he's basically useless.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
While this would be fun to redo, drop wise, he's basically useless.
If he can't be farmed, how could anyone know for sure?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
not useless just shy ;D i agree to making him farmable would be lovely.. off-topic question though, am I the only person who wanted him TOUGHER? like the suspense of "oh gods he is WORSE than Rooke?!? O.O" just to find him keel over almost immediately.. well if soloing is an issue maybe 1st time through he's easy, but for farming make him harder? nah nvm me I'm sure Ratbeard is busy doing other things.. (like overseeing coding on future kiosk *cough* or ability to hang up our weapons on our walls *cough*) XD
much love to yall KI team
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jul 20, 2016 wrote:
not useless just shy ;D i agree to making him farmable would be lovely.. off-topic question though, am I the only person who wanted him TOUGHER? like the suspense of "oh gods he is WORSE than Rooke?!? O.O" just to find him keel over almost immediately.. well if soloing is an issue maybe 1st time through he's easy, but for farming make him harder? nah nvm me I'm sure Ratbeard is busy doing other things.. (like overseeing coding on future kiosk *cough* or ability to hang up our weapons on our walls *cough*) XD
much love to yall KI team
stormy jen silver
Yes, I was very "let down" over Commander Typhon. First it was that name - we already have a Typhon boss from the Magnificent 7 promotion. He had an awesome "cheat" that made it difficult to fight him.
For a clockwork said to be "almost as powerful as Rooke" he was a disappointment. He wasn't any more powerful or difficult as any dragoon.
* cough * crafting * cough *

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
Can you please tell me why Commander Typhon is un-farm-able? This is a quest line instance with a sigil, it should be farm-able. Doesn't Typhon have drops that make it worth farming? Yet after turning in the quest the sigil disappears!
Can we please have Typhon be farm-able?
I have a solution.
Don't turn in the quest then . . .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
pirate crusher on Jul 30, 2016 wrote:
I have a solution.
Don't turn in the quest then . . .
If you don't turn in the quest, then you don't progress in the story line. This is a main quest not some side quest that you don't need to do!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I know this is a minor thing but...he's also painted an ugly color.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I also wondered why he wasn't on the chessboard....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
If you want to farm him, then Pirate Crusher is correct - don't turn in the quest until you are ready to continue with the Main Story Line.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
If you want to farm him, then Pirate Crusher is correct - don't turn in the quest until you are ready to continue with the Main Story Line.
Have you ever heard of a main quest line boss that isn't farm-able? What's wrong with asking for him to be farm-able?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
I also wondered why he wasn't on the chessboard....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Because we utterly destroyed him & he wasn't an Elite.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
LOL! i thought you guys were talking about the typhon from aquila. I was so confused

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
rex1556 on Aug 28, 2016 wrote:
LOL! i thought you guys were talking about the typhon from aquila. I was so confused
And that's proof of what I complained about from test realm until now: that name needs to be changed!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 27, 2016 wrote:
Have you ever heard of a main quest line boss that isn't farm-able? What's wrong with asking for him to be farm-able?
Nothing is wrong with asking him to be farmable - in fact, I totally support the effort since I would like him to be farmable too. I was just noting a way to farm him while we wait for the change.

Ensign
May 01, 2011
I really hope ki staff like ratbeard or one eyed jack sees this post cause i want the commander typhon be farmable really bad