Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Little clockwork cherubs?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Although a fair number of Pirate101 players want clockwork companions, at least as many (if not more) do not, and I am very thankful that Blind Mew has sensibly spoken against the idea. The Armada haunts the nightmares of our young pirates, and the memory of their evil shadows our waking hours. My characters could never sleep easily again with an Armada or (worse!) Elite companion upon their ship and accompanying their daily adventures.

That being said, I can see an exception...

I happened to see KI's advertisement for the new Clockwork Bundle for Wizard101 today, was quite charmed by its presentation as well as it being... well, Valencia! And it has a real story! Hard to have more of a draw than those! (I may have to dig into my pin money after bills are paid, go wild and get one myself). One of the charms of this bundle is the clockwork cherub pet. Battle Angels are menacing, but that little pet is not. Indeed she looks very cute. And helpful!

So, maybe, sometime in the not too distant future, we pirates might look forward to a clockwork cherub ourselves? I could see a story unfold... we find a contact who knows someone who knows that Gazpaccio contrived to hide something for the young hero pirate he had hoped to meet. It turns out that Gazpaccio while imprisoned secretly fashioned the little automaton, blessing it with all his will to be a good and helpful creature, while making it so small that it could be hidden in a crate whenever his captors came near. But evil forces (or at least greedy ones) have discovered and made off with the little clockwork, and it is our job to find her before the small automaton can be turned to evil or destroyed.

Or... it could be something different. My point being that I think we pirates would like that little clockwork cherub, even considering our dread of the Armada.

Oh, and I liked the clothes, too. Especially the nice rapier. So, I am just saying that could such a bundle be re-figured and altered for the Pirate101 game, I think it would be a good seller. As for me, I think I would go really wild and not even wait until the end of the month to buy it and make it my own!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 14, 2016 wrote:
Although a fair number of Pirate101 players want clockwork companions, at least as many (if not more) do not, and I am very thankful that Blind Mew has sensibly spoken against the idea. The Armada haunts the nightmares of our young pirates, and the memory of their evil shadows our waking hours. My characters could never sleep easily again with an Armada or (worse!) Elite companion upon their ship and accompanying their daily adventures.

That being said, I can see an exception...

I happened to see KI's advertisement for the new Clockwork Bundle for Wizard101 today, was quite charmed by its presentation as well as it being... well, Valencia! And it has a real story! Hard to have more of a draw than those! (I may have to dig into my pin money after bills are paid, go wild and get one myself). One of the charms of this bundle is the clockwork cherub pet. Battle Angels are menacing, but that little pet is not. Indeed she looks very cute. And helpful!

So, maybe, sometime in the not too distant future, we pirates might look forward to a clockwork cherub ourselves? I could see a story unfold... we find a contact who knows someone who knows that Gazpaccio contrived to hide something for the young hero pirate he had hoped to meet. It turns out that Gazpaccio while imprisoned secretly fashioned the little automaton, blessing it with all his will to be a good and helpful creature, while making it so small that it could be hidden in a crate whenever his captors came near. But evil forces (or at least greedy ones) have discovered and made off with the little clockwork, and it is our job to find her before the small automaton can be turned to evil or destroyed.

Or... it could be something different. My point being that I think we pirates would like that little clockwork cherub, even considering our dread of the Armada.

Oh, and I liked the clothes, too. Especially the nice rapier. So, I am just saying that could such a bundle be re-figured and altered for the Pirate101 game, I think it would be a good seller. As for me, I think I would go really wild and not even wait until the end of the month to buy it and make it my own!
I loved the look of that little cherub and I do hope we get one. Anne, you're so right about those clothes; so why can't they come to our neck of the Spiral, eh? Put them in the Crown Shop without stats ( so we can stitch to our awesome Valencian powered gear ) and watch them gather a goodly bit of revenue for KingsIsle!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I heartily agree here. It is a very piratical bundle and truly belongs on this side of the Spiral too. I love having our gorgeous look available for our wizards but yes, we should have had it first, IMHO. (No slam intended to whoever made this decision, just stating an opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Everything goes to Wizards, Pirates are the poor orphans of the Spiral. Anything we get is won at the point of a sword ( or sparkthower, or hoodoo ).

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Yes, but we poor orphans like our loot to be hard earned, Esperanza! Makes us appreciate it more. Sure wizards have the privilege of having a loving school home, with the respect that accrues to a student of Ambrose & Ravenwood, and delightful occupations such as crafting and fishing, but we have:

+ Better clothes. Oh, sure, there are some nice clothes in Wizard, but on the whole, I much prefer our 18th C.-style gentleman's suits so popular here in Skull Island... and other 18th C.-ish ensembles. Mind you, our wizard girls sometimes get to wear gowns - which is excellent- but, they have a lot fewer plumed hats, and they don't have -- earrings!

+ More poetry references. Yep, I really love that in Pirate101, from the silly (Pyramis & Thisbe anyone?) to the serious (till human voices wake us... but the rest of the phrase is: and we drown). Although, I have been exploring Krysalis lately, and was very impressed with 'Taylor Coleridge' and all the wonderful references and quotes, mostly from Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I loved that.

+ Ships! One of my wizards has a rowboat. My pirates would laugh, but they are too polite to do so -- in public, anyway.

+ Companions! Companion management must be a huge effort for KI writers, artists, animators, combat developers, etc., but they are wonderful. Our loyal, quirky companions are one of the primary elements that makes Pirate101 such a terrific story and game.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
There are a lot of Wizardy things that could be ported to Pirates (houses and mounts and furniture would all I thik be relatively painless; pets would require additional animation but would be very popular).

There seems to be, recently, the hint that there may be more crossover - the creepy invisibly mount that has the stars inside* it is a good example, as is the Valencian mount. Hopefully we are seeing the beginning of a new trend.

-Indigo

*This mount reminds me of the ghouls in the old Fritz Leiber stories.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2016 wrote:
Everything goes to Wizards, Pirates are the poor orphans of the Spiral. Anything we get is won at the point of a sword ( or sparkthower, or hoodoo ).
That IS what pirates do after all.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
That IS what pirates do after all.
Oh absolutely: I have two caverns filled with piles of gold because of my hoodoo. What's so fun about treasure simply being handed to you? Besides, living dangerously is part of the fun.

In response to the thread: it's actually kind of funny, I have been hoping for some kind of Valencian bundle to appear, and boom; here it is. ...Not in the exact game I had in mind (not enough mojo, curse it...), but it's pretty cool to see the Valencian fever spread to the other side of the Spiral. The Clockwork trend is in for this season in the Spiral, work it - and wear it proud, Wizards and Pirates!

With that said, I agree about the clockwork cherub (perhaps they could sneak it into the Crown Shop as a limited addition?). The clothes aren't bad, but I'm sure we could get our hands on something more stylish - we always do after all.

Should a Valencian bundle come to Pirate101, I would really like for it to come with a Valencian manor, however, more *new* furniture definitely wouldn't hurt, even if they do take some from Wizards.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
Yes, but we poor orphans like our loot to be hard earned, Esperanza! Makes us appreciate it more. Sure wizards have the privilege of having a loving school home, with the respect that accrues to a student of Ambrose & Ravenwood, and delightful occupations such as crafting and fishing, but we have:

+ Better clothes. Oh, sure, there are some nice clothes in Wizard, but on the whole, I much prefer our 18th C.-style gentleman's suits so popular here in Skull Island... and other 18th C.-ish ensembles. Mind you, our wizard girls sometimes get to wear gowns - which is excellent- but, they have a lot fewer plumed hats, and they don't have -- earrings!

+ More poetry references. Yep, I really love that in Pirate101, from the silly (Pyramis & Thisbe anyone?) to the serious (till human voices wake us... but the rest of the phrase is: and we drown). Although, I have been exploring Krysalis lately, and was very impressed with 'Taylor Coleridge' and all the wonderful references and quotes, mostly from Rime of the Ancient Mariner. I loved that.

+ Ships! One of my wizards has a rowboat. My pirates would laugh, but they are too polite to do so -- in public, anyway.

+ Companions! Companion management must be a huge effort for KI writers, artists, animators, combat developers, etc., but they are wonderful. Our loyal, quirky companions are one of the primary elements that makes Pirate101 such a terrific story and game.
The Jungle House Boat is the closest my Wizard ( Sabrina Shade level 94 Necromancer ) will ever get to the ship/ship cabin my pirates enjoy every day.
It's true about the clothes, and funny to relate: that there is a thread on the Wizard boards asking for more masculine clothes for wizard girls, ( seems that some are tired of dresses ).

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2016 wrote:
Well that's mostly true, but alas we are pirates aren't we I mean it's the lives our pirates chose to live right? But, I mean most of the people we fight deserve to be stolen from as they're usually criminals or thugs of some sort, evil masterminds, or clockworks. Oh and BTW I totally agree with you on the fact that Wizards get a lot more than us Pirates though and I think some new bundles would be a nice addition onto Pirate101.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I agree me hearty's, we must have them yarrr.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Anne Radcliffe on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:

Yes, and professors that think nothing of throwing inexperienced wizards in harm's way! At least we expect to have to fight for our every scrap. And after the initial bit of weaseling with Avery our pirate at least seems to have learned not to trust him too far. My wizards are still mindlessly accepting whatever Ambrose says as he shoves them in front of yet another bus.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Aug 2, 2016 wrote:
Yes, and professors that think nothing of throwing inexperienced wizards in harm's way! At least we expect to have to fight for our every scrap. And after the initial bit of weaseling with Avery our pirate at least seems to have learned not to trust him too far. My wizards are still mindlessly accepting whatever Ambrose says as he shoves them in front of yet another bus.
"You've just saved the Spiral from destruction once, now go off to Celestia and do it again, kid."

"You've got to be kidding me. I have a semester project due in a week and I haven't even started it yet because you've been sending me off on these crazy missions every time I come back! Fine. I'll save the Spiral again. Just don't expect me to do my homework on top of that."

Meanwhile my pirates laugh as they pry their treasures from the corpses of their enemies since they're not regulated by a crazy old headmaster that constantly wants them to do the work he's too lazy to do himself.

On the subject of the thread, however, I agree that P101 needs some love in terms of bundles and card packs. I would be really interested in seeing a very steampunk styled bundle or card pack with Valencian themed clothing or even something Dragonspyre-esque. I've always wanted a mechanical dragon mount for Pirate101.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
There should be an awesome side quest added to Valencia part 2 and the reward would be the cherub pet. I mean, it's got to have a backstory behind it!

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Aug 3, 2016 wrote:
"You've just saved the Spiral from destruction once, now go off to Celestia and do it again, kid."

"You've got to be kidding me. I have a semester project due in a week and I haven't even started it yet because you've been sending me off on these crazy missions every time I come back! Fine. I'll save the Spiral again. Just don't expect me to do my homework on top of that."

Meanwhile my pirates laugh as they pry their treasures from the corpses of their enemies since they're not regulated by a crazy old headmaster that constantly wants them to do the work he's too lazy to do himself.

On the subject of the thread, however, I agree that P101 needs some love in terms of bundles and card packs. I would be really interested in seeing a very steampunk styled bundle or card pack with Valencian themed clothing or even something Dragonspyre-esque. I've always wanted a mechanical dragon mount for Pirate101.
Naturally, you would think that saving the Spiral so many times - let alone once - would warrant some sort of homework pass, but I guess even that is asking for too much.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
"What are we, pirates or are we cats?? I don't need no chair rub....I'm too busy working to clock some Clock Works to go rubbing against chairs-- though, it may feel pretty darn goo....."

"What's that, Bonnie? Cherubs and not chair rubs...oh you don't say?"

"Uh in that case, I like it-- mighty fine idea! Now somebody bring me a chair! Pur-r-r-r-rrr."

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
"What are we, pirates or are we cats?? I don't need no chair rub....I'm too busy working to clock some Clock Works to go rubbing against chairs-- though, it may feel pretty darn goo....."

"Uh in that case, I like it-- mighty fine idea! Now somebody bring me a chair! Pur-r-r-r-rrr."
I'll never be able to forget this........

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:

Oh brother ye never cease to make us laugh, ha ha har.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Aug 6, 2016 wrote:
Oh brother ye never cease to make us laugh, ha ha har.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan
Hey thanks there, Jack. Glad it gave you a wee bit of laugh even despite being quite a bit dry in the humor department (par for the course!). And that's pretty cool that you have a new pirate gallivanting about the Spiral. Best of luck to ye!

And keeping with the theme of the thread, it really is a great idea. I haven't seen the Clockwork Cherub yet, but it sounds amazing and I'm all for more Clockwork pets. I love the look of the Clockwork Spider, the Mechanical Owl and the Clocktopus. I've been tinkering with my Clockwork Spiders lately, in hopes of crafting up some more Clockwork hybrids...no luck so far!

But a Clockwork Cherub and that entire Clockwork Bundle over in wiz, sound like perfect fits for us pirates. So bring it on KI...ba-ring it on!