Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Class Idea

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 13, 2015
Evader:
Buccaneer is currently the only strength based class in the game, I was thinking that the Evader could be a ranged, strength-based class. It could have very high dodge and average accuracy. However, it will have low armor and low magic resist and a little bit less health than the Musketeer, but with damage between the Buccaneer and the Swashbuckler. Weapon type would be a long, light chain or whip that is ranged, but uses strength to fling it forward.
These are the rest of the powers that could be in this class.
Level 1 power: Steady Strike; Hit an enemy with a guaranteed attack that cannot be hit by counter attacks.
Level 4 power: Fast Reaction; When used, the next the next person or enemy that tries to hit the targeted player will miss no matter what unless it is a critical hit.
Level 5 talent: Dodgy 1
Level 7 talent: Slashy Weapons 1
Level 7 power: Kraken’s Coils
Level 8 talent: Light Armor 1
Level 9 power: Mighty Slash; A ranged version of Mighty Charge.
Level 10 talent: First Strike 1
Level 10 talent: Elusive 1
Level 11 power: Command To Arms; Adds twenty-five percent dodge to your dodge in combat when used.
Level 12 talent: Alert 1
Level 13 talent: Tranquil 1; Decreases threat level by thirty percent.
Level 13 talent: Blade Storm 1
Level 15 power: Firm Smack; A guaranteed attack that cannot be hit by counter attacks.
Level 16 talent: Slashy Weapons 2
Level 16 power: Shout To Arms; Adds forty percent dodge to your dodge in combat when used.
Level 18 talent: Riposte 1
Level 18 power: Sturdy Slash; A ranged version of Brutal Charge.
Level 20 talent: Elusive 2
Level 20 power: Sharks Fury
Level 21 talent: Heavy Armor
Level 23 talent: First Strike 2
Level 25 talent: Alert 2
Level 27 power: Dodgy 2
Level 30 talent: Tranquil 2; Decreases threat level by twenty percent.
Level 30 talent: Blindingly Fast 1; Adds a three percent chance to blind the enemy on hit.
Level 32 power: Cloudy Streak; Blinds all enemies in front of you for five squares.
Level 35 talent: Slashy Weapons 3
Level 35 talent: Riposte 2
Level 37 talent: Repel Boarders 1
Level 40 power: Sturdy Smack; A guaranteed attack that cannot be hit by counter attacks.
Level 42 talent: Dodgy 3
Level 45 talent: Elusive 3
Level 47 talent: Alert 3
Level 50 power: Cloudy Channel; Blinds all enemies in front of you for seven squares.
Level 52 talent: Blade Storm 2
Level 55 power: Bellow To Arms; Adds seventy-five percent dodge to your dodge in combat when used.
Level 57 talent: Blindingly Fast 2; Adds a five percent chance to blind in enemy on hit.
Level 60 power: Solid Slash; A ranged version of Vicious Charge.
Level 62 talent: Tranquil 3; Decreases threat level by twenty percent.
Level 65 talent: Blindingly Fast 3; Adds a seven percent chance to blind an enemy on hit.
Level 67 talent: Repel Boarders 2
Level 70 power: Cloudy Scope; Blinds all enemies in an area.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Wow! You sure have put some thought into this so the first thing I have to say is well done! But sadly I feel this idea is a little too overpowered. It would shift the balance of the game. Besides, the classes that are currently available are good enough variety to choose from. And if this were to be added, it would take a lot of work, as new weapons, gear, and enemies would have to be added throughout the game.
Noble Noah Kirk

Ensign
Jan 14, 2013
To be honest, I disagree. If this new class was created, everyone would go for this class because it would be like a musketeer mixed with a buccaneer or a swashbuckler. It would be too powerful for a normal pirate. Also, they would not have much weapons to choose from. You stated that a chain or whip would be the weapon they used. That is not a huge varitey of different weapons.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
I hate how it's a mix of other classes, most of the epics and talents it gets aren't even unique. Like they don't even get a different weapon bonus, they use slashy. It seems a little too op also: it's ranged, has high dodge but seems to have melee epics? Plus it has first strike 2, repel boarders 2, blade storm 2, if you add relentless 2 and grants repel boarders and grants first strike, you would have a class that can reduce the accuracy of an opponent approaching all while having high side and being able to combo them with relentless 2 and blade storm AND countering swashbucklers with first strike 3.

And if that wasn't enough, it had a move that buffs dodge? So this class would have the highest dodge in the game and can buff it higher plus reduce the enemy's accuracy when they proceed? If that wasn't enough, it can also blind ranged units whenever you get close to them and prevent them from attacking.

Lvl 70

Ensign
Oct 25, 2012
I was thinking more of a hero class in which your character is open to how you want to have the damage bonuses come from (strength, agility,will) meaning you can build your character to get bonuses from what ever main attribute you want.
Your trainer would be Perseus (an eagle obviously.)
starter companion: jaguar warrior

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
kaitlinc471 on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
Evader:
Buccaneer is currently the only strength based class in the game, I was thinking that the Evader could be a ranged, strength-based class. It could have very high dodge and average accuracy. However, it will have low armor and low magic resist and a little bit less health than the Musketeer, but with damage between the Buccaneer and the Swashbuckler. Weapon type would be a long, light chain or whip that is ranged, but uses strength to fling it forward.
These are the rest of the powers that could be in this class.
Level 1 power: Steady Strike; Hit an enemy with a guaranteed attack that cannot be hit by counter attacks.
Level 4 power: Fast Reaction; When used, the next the next person or enemy that tries to hit the targeted player will miss no matter what unless it is a critical hit.
Level 5 talent: Dodgy 1
Level 7 talent: Slashy Weapons 1
Level 7 power: Kraken’s Coils
Level 8 talent: Light Armor 1
Level 9 power: Mighty Slash; A ranged version of Mighty Charge.
Level 10 talent: First Strike 1
Level 10 talent: Elusive 1
Level 11 power: Command To Arms; Adds twenty-five percent dodge to your dodge in combat when used.
Level 12 talent: Alert 1
Level 13 talent: Tranquil 1; Decreases threat level by thirty percent.
Level 13 talent: Blade Storm 1
Level 15 power: Firm Smack; A guaranteed attack that cannot be hit by counter attacks.
Level 16 talent: Slashy Weapons 2
Level 16 power: Shout To Arms; Adds forty percent dodge to your dodge in combat when used.
Level 18 talent: Riposte 1
Level 18 power: Sturdy Slash; A ranged version of Brutal Charge.
Level 20 talent: Elusive 2
Level 20 power: Sharks Fury
Level 21 talent: Heavy Armor
Level 23 talent: First Strike 2
Level 25 talent: Alert 2
Level 27 power: Dodgy 2
Level 30 talent: Tranquil 2; Decreases threat level by twenty percent.
Level 30 talent: Blindingly Fast 1; Adds a three percent chance to blind the enemy on hit.
Level 32 power: Cloudy Streak; Blinds all enemies in front of you for five squares.
Level 35 talent: Slashy Weapons 3
Level 35 talent: Riposte 2
Level 37 talent: Repel Boarders 1
Level 40 power: Sturdy Smack; A guaranteed attack that cannot be hit by counter attacks.
Level 42 talent: Dodgy 3
Level 45 talent: Elusive 3
Level 47 talent: Alert 3
Level 50 power: Cloudy Channel; Blinds all enemies in front of you for seven squares.
Level 52 talent: Blade Storm 2
Level 55 power: Bellow To Arms; Adds seventy-five percent dodge to your dodge in combat when used.
Level 57 talent: Blindingly Fast 2; Adds a five percent chance to blind in enemy on hit.
Level 60 power: Solid Slash; A ranged version of Vicious Charge.
Level 62 talent: Tranquil 3; Decreases threat level by twenty percent.
Level 65 talent: Blindingly Fast 3; Adds a seven percent chance to blind an enemy on hit.
Level 67 talent: Repel Boarders 2
Level 70 power: Cloudy Scope; Blinds all enemies in an area.
Ok, first off I'd like to say well done, you must of spent a lot of time writing up all this. But in terms of the actual class I don't really think this is a good idea. I think the spiral would be filled with evaders and the class would probably be considered pretty op. And plus, I don't think an additional class in the game at this point in time would be beneficial. So it's a cool idea but I don't think this would be a good addition onto the game.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Actually class is also strength based as well as will based, the only class with duel talents.