Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More Personalities - Valencia 2

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My goodness, I thought I had seen every kind of anti-social behavior exhibited in The Tower of Moo Manchu, But Kane's Great Machine has shown me how wrong I am!
I have a new personality for you:
My Backpack is Full, Please Don't Gather: a player experiencing this situation will normally let the team know so they can get the time to empty their backpack. But I recently met two players ( in different team ups ) who requested that we not gather the chests after the Kane battle!
They just didn't realize their packs were full and they were afraid of missing good drops from Kane. I don't know why they made this request, as they must have known the chests would time out while they were emptying their pack. Needless to say, they didn't get a very sympathetic reception.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I had a very special team-up today. During the Kane fight, it was revealed during chatting that I was in a group of three veterans from various branches of the U.S. military and all were disabled - I wish to salute these noble men for their service and sacrifice!
Esperanza Devereaux

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2016 wrote:
My goodness, I thought I had seen every kind of anti-social behavior exhibited in The Tower of Moo Manchu, But Kane's Great Machine has shown me how wrong I am!
I have a new personality for you:
My Backpack is Full, Please Don't Gather: a player experiencing this situation will normally let the team know so they can get the time to empty their backpack. But I recently met two players ( in different team ups ) who requested that we not gather the chests after the Kane battle!
They just didn't realize their packs were full and they were afraid of missing good drops from Kane. I don't know why they made this request, as they must have known the chests would time out while they were emptying their pack. Needless to say, they didn't get a very sympathetic reception.
My backpack and bank were both full but after the battle when people were looting chests, I managed to delete a few items and got some good pieces of gear :D

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
People I swear...

Besides, dont drops go to your bank if your backpack is full?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Well if we are really going to do this than here goes

I did team up for the machine and this was my first time doing it so I wanted to hear the storyline and dialogue snippets

At first I didn't get a chance to tell the fellow pirates that I wanted to hear the dialogue until the first battle with Kane's gaurds

So at first they all politely agreed

Then this one guys gets up to the machine, skips all the dialogue and when I asked why he did that he called me a cry baby and left

Luckily I later on teamed up with a friend and 2 others who were more willing to let me see more of the dialogue.

Still it's a shame that there are such nitwits out there that would waste 20 minutes just to be vile

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 4, 2016 wrote:
Well if we are really going to do this than here goes

I did team up for the machine and this was my first time doing it so I wanted to hear the storyline and dialogue snippets

At first I didn't get a chance to tell the fellow pirates that I wanted to hear the dialogue until the first battle with Kane's gaurds

So at first they all politely agreed

Then this one guys gets up to the machine, skips all the dialogue and when I asked why he did that he called me a cry baby and left

Luckily I later on teamed up with a friend and 2 others who were more willing to let me see more of the dialogue.

Still it's a shame that there are such nitwits out there that would waste 20 minutes just to be vile
The dialogue is excellent, but if you've heard for a half dozen times it gets wearing. However, I would never ignore a request to not skip dialogue.
What a moronic troll that player was to quit because of that, you were better off without him!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Revenge!
Yes, there are some players who will take out a petty grudge against another player As I found out this afternoon.
I had been taking part in some 1v1 PVP and was winning, but decided I wanted to do some farming of Kane. I got a good team up, but I noticed one of the girls looked familiar to me. Yep, I had just beaten her in a match, still no big deal, we're all mature, right?
Wrong!
It soon became apparent that the girl was with 2 of her friends - it became very suspicious when no one replied to my greeting. They must have been using private chat. Because, soon after - they all fled, with no reason at all. Leaving me alone against 3x the enemy I would've found if I had entered solo.
I hope she enjoyed her little trick.

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 5, 2016 wrote:
Revenge!
Yes, there are some players who will take out a petty grudge against another player As I found out this afternoon.
I had been taking part in some 1v1 PVP and was winning, but decided I wanted to do some farming of Kane. I got a good team up, but I noticed one of the girls looked familiar to me. Yep, I had just beaten her in a match, still no big deal, we're all mature, right?
Wrong!
It soon became apparent that the girl was with 2 of her friends - it became very suspicious when no one replied to my greeting. They must have been using private chat. Because, soon after - they all fled, with no reason at all. Leaving me alone against 3x the enemy I would've found if I had entered solo.
I hope she enjoyed her little trick.
Man, what a rotten thing to do. I hope you see her again in the Brawlin' Hall, and beat her again!

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Oh this is perfect for me. I beat a privateer earlier today who thought he won and said gg the second he used BOD. Oh no you dont! I annihilated him still because my dodge and my companions dodge are beyond amazing so we didn't even hit each other XD I also found him on a later Kane run and he ditched me halfway through the run, it was the two of us so i was left alone to fend off Kane bishop and deacon and luckily i won, but that will teach him not to mess with Unfair Angel. Lol

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Unfair Angel on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Oh this is perfect for me. I beat a privateer earlier today who thought he won and said gg the second he used BOD. Oh no you dont! I annihilated him still because my dodge and my companions dodge are beyond amazing so we didn't even hit each other XD I also found him on a later Kane run and he ditched me halfway through the run, it was the two of us so i was left alone to fend off Kane bishop and deacon and luckily i won, but that will teach him not to mess with Unfair Angel. Lol
OooH, I HATE it when they "GG" you and you're still on your feet!

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
OooH, I HATE it when they "GG" you and you're still on your feet!
exactly! lol and you win. pfft. get rekt buddy. oh yea btw I forgot to mention there was another run where a guy quit in kane battle and left me and another guy alone and when we finished battle kane dropped his mask and wings xD

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
Um, thought you ought to know, that doubloons myth from the Tower of Moo has invaded Kane's Great Machine.
Yep, guy was telling us not to use doubloons in the Kane battle because "it lowers the chances of getting Kane's Mask".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm so sick of the rudeness of some players.
For example the ones that run ahead without thought to consequences, as if their tails were on fire. I just quit a team up with one of these "speed demons", constantly entering battle before anyone. Then he triggered Kane's battle while we were still gathering chests from the Machine fight!
When I told him he was dumb not to wait, what was his reply? "Well, maybe you should move faster."
I think we should have waited on the side lines and taught him the error of jumping in before your team is together!

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
seachanty on Jul 12, 2016 wrote:
Um, thought you ought to know, that doubloons myth from the Tower of Moo has invaded Kane's Great Machine.
Yep, guy was telling us not to use doubloons in the Kane battle because "it lowers the chances of getting Kane's Mask".
You can get his MASK?!?
I know what I'm doing for the next week and a half...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Aaarrghhh, noooooo!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Why are people so gullible to believe this

Do they think something like this carried out over at Kingsisle

KingsisleEmployee1: Hey, do you think we should make doubloons ruin the drop rates, possibly get fired and show our hatred to these shiny new additions to Pirate101?

KingsisleEmployee2:Yeah why not, it will keep players United rather than divided, this is an amazing idea. Now let's secretly code this in and hopefully not lose our jobs.

No! Of course this or anything of the likeness didn't happen

So why do you have people, who by the way are wearing most of the moo gear which they probably got with the aid of doubloons saying "doubloons lower drop rates"

Why!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, there I was doing Kane run # 75 with a very good friend and great Privateer, Virtuous Dante Ramsey and we were having a "Fan girl/guy" moment over Kane.
After which the third member of our team up tell us "BRB" and ports away. Leaving us for about 10 to 15 minutes and we wonder if our praise of Kane might have scared him away. So we continue on. We fight the Machine no problems.
We enter the fight against Kane, now of course this fight is difficult but both of us are experienced and well geared, but of course we suffer loses. My Ratbeard, Contessa and Sarah are defeated early and Dante loses Emmett and Emerson, although he managed to save Scratch.
Anyway we're nearly winning, when who should port in but our long lost ( and its been over twenty-five minutes ) third party member with a friend! Then begins giving orders! His friend had the grace to apologize.
Dante believes this guy's actions were deliberate, so do I.
He had been gone long enough for us to have quit or been defeated.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
Well, there I was doing Kane run # 75 with a very good friend and great Privateer, Virtuous Dante Ramsey and we were having a "Fan girl/guy" moment over Kane.
After which the third member of our team up tell us "BRB" and ports away. Leaving us for about 10 to 15 minutes and we wonder if our praise of Kane might have scared him away. So we continue on. We fight the Machine no problems.
We enter the fight against Kane, now of course this fight is difficult but both of us are experienced and well geared, but of course we suffer loses. My Ratbeard, Contessa and Sarah are defeated early and Dante loses Emmett and Emerson, although he managed to save Scratch.
Anyway we're nearly winning, when who should port in but our long lost ( and its been over twenty-five minutes ) third party member with a friend! Then begins giving orders! His friend had the grace to apologize.
Gotta respect the guys inginuty

You do the work and he and his friend get a share of the rewards

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, it was bound to happen....
While I was in the Machine again and fighting Kane, one of my friends reported to us, "This guy wants me to tell one of you to leave so he can join." But she said, "I'm going to tell him no." Then she said, "he's been leeching off me for a while."
So, Leech seems to me a very good name for someone who asks for this "favor".
The utter nerve to ask this! How selfish and rude! What are they thinking? "Give up the time and effort you spent in getting to Kane, and give me ( lazy creep that I am ) your spot".
Do they really think anyone would do that?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
One of my favorites is the "random shot in broadside combat" guy. If you're engaged in a ship to ship battle, this "guy" cruises by and lobs a shot or two at the enemy... then moves out of range. He leaves you to finish the fight... the one you were already in... and by firing a shot he gets to share the rewards. Granted, it doesn't cost you anything but it still feels like a "cheap" way to get XP and drops.
Then there's the speed guy you've all been talking about. I've always enjoyed the leisurely pace that we can fight. I like the animations and I like to keep track of my strategy just to see how it works every round. Maybe that's a bit anal but that's the way I play... so I rarely have "fast combat" enabled. I also tend to farm solo. I get the usual skirmish jumpers that join in my fights which is fine but then there's the guy that demands that I go to fast combat because I'm taking too long. To which I say "Oh no you didn't just jump into my fight and then dictate how I should fight it!"
Not really, I just mention that this is the way I roll and if it doesn't suit them they should not join in my next fight. I'll switch to fast combat for courtesy's sake if I'm doing something like Moo where it's expected you'll be fighting alongside others... but if I'm going solo and you jump in, don't start issuing me orders. Homie don't play dat.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 25, 2016 wrote:
He came back with better gear on too so he could "save the day." No skin off my back dude. Still got drops, still got credit for the run. Thank you.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jul 28, 2016 wrote:
One of my favorites is the "random shot in broadside combat" guy. If you're engaged in a ship to ship battle, this "guy" cruises by and lobs a shot or two at the enemy... then moves out of range. He leaves you to finish the fight... the one you were already in... and by firing a shot he gets to share the rewards. Granted, it doesn't cost you anything but it still feels like a "cheap" way to get XP and drops.
Then there's the speed guy you've all been talking about. I've always enjoyed the leisurely pace that we can fight. I like the animations and I like to keep track of my strategy just to see how it works every round. Maybe that's a bit anal but that's the way I play... so I rarely have "fast combat" enabled. I also tend to farm solo. I get the usual skirmish jumpers that join in my fights which is fine but then there's the guy that demands that I go to fast combat because I'm taking too long. To which I say "Oh no you didn't just jump into my fight and then dictate how I should fight it!"
Not really, I just mention that this is the way I roll and if it doesn't suit them they should not join in my next fight. I'll switch to fast combat for courtesy's sake if I'm doing something like Moo where it's expected you'll be fighting alongside others... but if I'm going solo and you jump in, don't start issuing me orders. Homie don't play dat.
If a "random shooter" hits your targeted ship; then board it - he/she won't get the XP or anything. Fast combat still has a few bugs with it, I've heard of players whose computers suffer serious lag because of it. And I don't have it enabled for my musketeer as I absolutely hate what it does when I drop bombs!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 29, 2016 wrote:
If a "random shooter" hits your targeted ship; then board it - he/she won't get the XP or anything. Fast combat still has a few bugs with it, I've heard of players whose computers suffer serious lag because of it. And I don't have it enabled for my musketeer as I absolutely hate what it does when I drop bombs!
I really don't have a problem with them doing it. I just think it takes advantage of an inherent flaw in the system but I don't begrudge them the rewards. Ya gotta get it where ya can!
I'm with you on the fast combat issue. I don't use it at all unless I'm joining farm runs. It doesn't really impact my computer's performance, I just prefer the regular slow and steady pace. I play to relax, not to rush through everything like my pantaloons are on fire.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The new Dreadnaught, Ashes of the Armada, has introduced to me The Jumping Beans. These players get onto the docks and wait at the sigil; when they think there are enough, they activate the count down.
But, oh no, we don't have a "full" team! We must jump off and try again!
This happens several times. Eventually, someone ends up solo in the gauntlet ( usually me ). I'll say this: it's easier to solo than Kane. Now, where's my dratted Black Fog?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Silver Angel on Jul 3, 2016 wrote:
People I swear...

Besides, dont drops go to your bank if your backpack is full?
Only if your Bank is NOT full. Otherwise, the item gets destroyed.