Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A suggestion for hidden units & epics

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Many Pirates that have their companions' epic talent, Repel Boarders & were hidden by some Swashbucklers' hidden powers say that the activation of epic talents causes them to attack & give away their hidden status, had left many upset.

I happen to have a suggestion for units that have their hidden status through Swashbuckler's hidden powers. Modify the "Hidden" status so that all epics will not be activated by any means, no matter if the enemies gets past them, unless they only attack, under their attacking orders only, through normal means or the use of any attack power learned. Maybe that will resolve any complaints they've been stating for many times.

What do you think? Should all epic talents not be active while any unit or units are hidden for differed periods of time until they expire or attack by their orders only? That would really help with the irritating habit of epics activating while hidden.

KI, if you can read this, I kindly hope you make this suggestion a reality, please.

Thanks for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Many Pirates that have their companions' epic talent, Repel Boarders & were hidden by some Swashbucklers' hidden powers say that the activation of epic talents causes them to attack & give away their hidden status, had left many upset.

I happen to have a suggestion for units that have their hidden status through Swashbuckler's hidden powers. Modify the "Hidden" status so that all epics will not be activated by any means, no matter if the enemies gets past them, unless they only attack, under their attacking orders only, through normal means or the use of any attack power learned. Maybe that will resolve any complaints they've been stating for many times.

What do you think? Should all epic talents not be active while any unit or units are hidden for differed periods of time until they expire or attack by their orders only? That would really help with the irritating habit of epics activating while hidden.

KI, if you can read this, I kindly hope you make this suggestion a reality, please.

Thanks for listening!
Thank you for suggesting a way to make my hides even more effective than they are! ( This is sarcasm, BTW. ) Auto talents are the best way to expose a hidden opponent - this works for anyone using hide, not just SBs. Repel Boarders, Cheap Shot, First Strike, Over Watch & Quick Draw ( did I miss anything? ) these are the effective tools put in place to balance out all hides.
Those who are upset by early exposure through auto talents are not paying attention to the full picture in the PVP hall.
You can't have it both ways, Thomas.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Ahoy!

Thanks for listening!
Such agreement. Much yes.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
Ahoy!

Thanks for listening!
flanking + first strike while hidden really irks me

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RESlDUE on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
flanking + first strike while hidden really irks me
Then avoid those situations.
I really can't believe that you guys are agreeing to this! Very well, my hides will be better AND you won't have the ability to "out" me from my hides, well done, Thomas. I hope KI will use your idea, but remember "you asked for it".

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Let's not forget, we will still keep our epics. Just that they only won't be active while hidden until they attack directly, use a power, or the hidden time period expires from inactivity. They'll still work as normal, even if the higher ranks of certain epics do attack hidden enemies.

No worries, all. It's for those that have previously complained about certain epics automatically activating while hidden, even to those who have notable companions that have epics already learned, like Sarah Steele's Repel Boarders already placed in her epic talent roster. At times, best to strike where the enemies think they're safe, they're really open to hidden attacks, & save certain attacks for finishing them.

Ensign
Mar 27, 2012
anecorbie on Nov 9, 2015 wrote:
Then avoid those situations.
I really can't believe that you guys are agreeing to this! Very well, my hides will be better AND you won't have the ability to "out" me from my hides, well done, Thomas. I hope KI will use your idea, but remember "you asked for it".
"Then avoid those situations."
it happens automatically
hidden going to an enemy about to use assassin strike till flanking happens.
im probably not the only one with this feeling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Let's not forget, we will still keep our epics. Just that they only won't be active while hidden until they attack directly, use a power, or the hidden time period expires from inactivity. They'll still work as normal, even if the higher ranks of certain epics do attack hidden enemies.

No worries, all. It's for those that have previously complained about certain epics automatically activating while hidden, even to those who have notable companions that have epics already learned, like Sarah Steele's Repel Boarders already placed in her epic talent roster. At times, best to strike where the enemies think they're safe, they're really open to hidden attacks, & save certain attacks for finishing them.
I'm actually surprised that you're suggesting this, Thomas. I know how you feel about the "OP" SB. Don't you realize that this suggestion only benefits SBs? Since SBs are the only class that can hide units? And these auto talents allow other classes the opportunity to remove that hide instead of waiting to take a x 2 weapon power + epic attack to the face.
@ RESIDUE:
Its very simple to avoid flanking, #1 don't use gear that grants it. #2. if you must use that gear then avoid having a gap between you and a companion so that your opponent can't take advantage of it.

The truth is; this suggestion hasn't been thought through and would unbalance PVP severely. The best way is to avoid those situations that trigger an auto talent, by paying attention to where your companions are in relation to the enemy. Its not KI job to correct sloppy strategy!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
I'm actually surprised that you're suggesting this, Thomas. I know how you feel about the "OP" SB. Don't you realize that this suggestion only benefits SBs? Since SBs are the only class that can hide units? And these auto talents allow other classes the opportunity to remove that hide instead of waiting to take a x 2 weapon power + epic attack to the face.
@ RESIDUE:
Its very simple to avoid flanking, #1 don't use gear that grants it. #2. if you must use that gear then avoid having a gap between you and a companion so that your opponent can't take advantage of it.

The truth is; this suggestion hasn't been thought through and would unbalance PVP severely. The best way is to avoid those situations that trigger an auto talent, by paying attention to where your companions are in relation to the enemy. Its not KI job to correct sloppy strategy!
Hmm... you do have a point, about that severely unbalancing PvP. Perhaps maybe that suggestion could be for PvE only? That may do it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Hmm... you do have a point, about that severely unbalancing PvP. Perhaps maybe that suggestion could be for PvE only? That may do it.
If you're paying attention to the placement of your units, then auto talents activating and removing a hide early is avoidable.
For example: Sarah Steele's Repel Boarders - by making her go behind you after using Black Fog, you can usually avoid this when an enemy approaches ( although this may not happen as the AI literally can't "see" you. )
Equally being aware of placing Fan where she is in a Flanking situation. You can't do much in anticipation to summons or pets, they're random and go where they will.
The point is, that with experience you can know when such talents will occur and take precautions.
I don't expect KI to make changes in PVE vs PVP in the use of powers or talents.