Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Melee-Hunter and Musket-Hunter?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
I have posted about witchdoctors needing more epics, and was wondering if a "melee-hunter" and "musket-hunter" epic can be added to the secret trainers?

Right now, any class can learn witch-hunter. With this epic, any witchdoctor spell or wand attack at close range can trigger this. To try to make this more fair for witchdoctors, can the melee trainer train an epic that would allow for a wand attack on an enemy that uses a melee attack against the witch? And can the musket trainer train a similar power for close range musket attacks?

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
stormy quentin ver... on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:
I have posted about witchdoctors needing more epics, and was wondering if a "melee-hunter" and "musket-hunter" epic can be added to the secret trainers?

Right now, any class can learn witch-hunter. With this epic, any witchdoctor spell or wand attack at close range can trigger this. To try to make this more fair for witchdoctors, can the melee trainer train an epic that would allow for a wand attack on an enemy that uses a melee attack against the witch? And can the musket trainer train a similar power for close range musket attacks?
I like that idea honestly. I think some names could be "Blade Breaker"(Melee) and "Spark Extinguisher"(Musket). It is an unfair advantage to the other classes to have and having these talents could make an evener playing field.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I agree, but let me say this - I live in dread of that Mojo Reaver of yours. 9 out 10 times it's KO for me!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Seems good there is just one problem
This would be overpowered in not PvP but PvE because most of the enemies you go up against are not witch doctors
That being said I do think it is unfair how people can get witch hunter

Ensign
Nov 29, 2013
Nah classes are already unfair and so is rank with all the robe spamming and the bugs taking place right now plus witches get to much advantage already

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
stormy quentin ver... on Aug 14, 2015 wrote:

the only problem I have with this is that a buccaneer(or any class really) could get all 3 of them... and that would be truly too strong, especially since Witch Hunter mechanics allow it to chain to itself if it is magic v. magic. That means whoever hits first wins.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Stormy Sam Templet... on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
the only problem I have with this is that a buccaneer(or any class really) could get all 3 of them... and that would be truly too strong, especially since Witch Hunter mechanics allow it to chain to itself if it is magic v. magic. That means whoever hits first wins.
If I a musketeer with long range weapon were to get these 3 epics it would be too overpowered