Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 LoreMaster?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 12, 2009
Many people know the lore master from wizard101 right? The one that occasionally dropped the spells from the lore packs. I was thinking something like that in pirate101 but instead of spells it would drop companions. I think this would be cool to have. Maybe the main lore master boss and then two other enemies that would be privateers that are buffing her.

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
I would think power cards, not companions.
Do you see the Wizard101 Lore-master dropping minions. Uh, no.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
PRIVATEERJACK10 on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Who says it has to be the same? Or happen at all for that matter.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
PRIVATEERJACK10 on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Minion's in Wizard101 are spells so I don't know what you were going for there. A s to the original comment, I think this would be really cool boss for Pirate101 and I like the idea for dropping companions or powers.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What kind of power cards?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
DuranteRamses87 on May 4, 2015 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
The spells the Loremaster dropped in Wizard101 were high-ranked spells like Lord of Night that can't be trained by other classes, so in Pirate101, powers like Assassin's Strike or Tempest of Torpedoes.

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on May 4, 2015 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I would think maybe a buccaneer power that could reduce enemy's dodge by 50%
And also a musketeer power that could reduce enemy's agility by 50%
A swashbuckler power that could reduce enemy's accuracy by 50%

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
Duke of Westminste... on May 4, 2015 wrote:
Minion's in Wizard101 are spells so I don't know what you were going for there. A s to the original comment, I think this would be really cool boss for Pirate101 and I like the idea for dropping companions or powers.
No, by minions I mean by "members of your fighting squad" like an Ice Guardian.
So, I think it should drop power cards.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I feel sorry for the enemy now they will have no defense what so ever......I hope all the enemies going forward are stronger than those in the smuggler's arena.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
I wouldnt mind having a boss who drops companions and powers but maybe like epics or stuff idk simple stuff not as game changing as wiz loremaster i dont think is needed.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on May 5, 2015 wrote:
I feel sorry for the enemy now they will have no defense what so ever......I hope all the enemies going forward are stronger than those in the smuggler's arena.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Nothing to see here, Ratbeard, keep moving along...

But seriously, harder? I'd rather not get squished like a bug every battle, thank you very much. Besides, by the time I can get back in-game, the updates will probably be out and I'll be so rusty on gameplay I'll lose anyway!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
MistyDragon13 on May 5, 2015 wrote:
Nothing to see here, Ratbeard, keep moving along...

But seriously, harder? I'd rather not get squished like a bug every battle, thank you very much. Besides, by the time I can get back in-game, the updates will probably be out and I'll be so rusty on gameplay I'll lose anyway!
Hey, wait now he has to move along because I'm not requesting a nerf? Why not? People are saying the classes are getting too strong well another way to level the playing field is to raise up the enemy! Before you fight so hard to nerf everything...how do you know the update won't contain harder enemies? If you fight for a nerf and the new stuff comes out and its harder how will you meet it? If we keep finding ways to raise our power its only naturally the enemy should get a boost.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on May 5, 2015 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
STRONGER than those in the Arena Someone has had their bowl of Wheaties today.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
DuranteRamses87 on May 6, 2015 wrote:
Hey, wait now he has to move along because I'm not requesting a nerf? Why not? People are saying the classes are getting too strong well another way to level the playing field is to raise up the enemy! Before you fight so hard to nerf everything...how do you know the update won't contain harder enemies? If you fight for a nerf and the new stuff comes out and its harder how will you meet it? If we keep finding ways to raise our power its only naturally the enemy should get a boost.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I'm not looking for a nerf; I think the game is fine as it is and was just making a slight attempt at humor. Perhaps tougher enemies will promote (or force, but I hope the game stays soloable) more group play.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
companions or powers would be great!Does anyone think a P101 loremaster could possibly come in a future update.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 6, 2015 wrote:
STRONGER than those in the Arena Someone has had their bowl of Wheaties today.
the only reason arena is so hard is because the foes are lvl 75 while we are lvl 65, if we fought those lvl 75 enemies as a lvl 75 with a lvl 75 crew it'd be a lot easier, arena has basically showed me whatever update comes will be a cake walk unless the boss cheats

Commodore
May 31, 2009
zuto4011a on May 11, 2015 wrote:
the only reason arena is so hard is because the foes are lvl 75 while we are lvl 65, if we fought those lvl 75 enemies as a lvl 75 with a lvl 75 crew it'd be a lot easier, arena has basically showed me whatever update comes will be a cake walk unless the boss cheats
Look, we know you find the game easy, but can you please stop flaunting your supposed superiority? I'm sick and tired of all of the arguments caused by the "hardcore" players acting like the casual players are all noobs or somehow inferior. Just because we may not PvP or be able to solo dungeons designed for group play doesn't mean we're any less than you. That is my final word on the subject.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 11, 2015 wrote:
My comment was intended as a compliment to Dante, as a 'champion' and therefore full of confidence in his abilities.
This may shock you, but some of us still find the Arena a bit challenging. The reason you find it so easy is because: #1. you are a privateer, and #2. You have farmed and gained the optimum gear available in the game.
Just what is in your backpack, I wonder? Blood's jacket? Moo's Imperial Robes?
Just summon 9 additional warriors and buff them, plus your two companions. Of course it would be easy under those circumstances! Hardly any strategy required there.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 12, 2015 wrote:
My comment was intended as a compliment to Dante, as a 'champion' and therefore full of confidence in his abilities.
This may shock you, but some of us still find the Arena a bit challenging. The reason you find it so easy is because: #1. you are a privateer, and #2. You have farmed and gained the optimum gear available in the game.
Just what is in your backpack, I wonder? Blood's jacket? Moo's Imperial Robes?
Just summon 9 additional warriors and buff them, plus your two companions. Of course it would be easy under those circumstances! Hardly any strategy required there.
1 thanks for the instant hostility

2 im a privateer, your a buckler, it should be easier for you if you knew how to play your main class

3 wow, if you think blood or terror is op then you seriously need to learn your gear and strategy, blood will kill at most one, and terror is usually half destroyed the round its summoned

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 12, 2015 wrote:
1 thanks for the instant hostility

2 im a privateer, your a buckler, it should be easier for you if you knew how to play your main class

3 wow, if you think blood or terror is op then you seriously need to learn your gear and strategy, blood will kill at most one, and terror is usually half destroyed the round its summoned
1. I wasn't hostile, I follow the message boards rules. It's you who have shown incredible rudeness and contempt not only to me, but other posters.

2. You're making a very broad assumption that I don't know how to play my class correctly ( how have I made it so far without your pearls of wisdom? )

Not back to the issue of a Loremaster type boss in P101:

I think a loremaster type boss would be a great side content. How about this 'loremaster' is actually a boss who is keeping certain potential companions prisoner? When you defeat this boss who have a chance for either a new power or releasing a prisoner to join your crew.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
I believe this discussion has run off course and am now closing the thread.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*