Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Possible Virus in the Game?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 03, 2012
Hi!
Recently I was attempting to re-install the game after my anti-virus detection, (AVG,) said that there was a virus and that I needed to remove it. I didn't read anything about the virus and hit 'clean up'. I then tried to launch Pirate101 and found that it said that I needed to re-install the launcher/set up. After doing so AVG said that I can't install it because it detected malware. After I looked at it I saw that it read 'Pirate101.exe'. After trying to install it my computer crashed and after it spontaneously gives me the blue screen with the error code, 'Redirected_By_Pointer, which after further research I learned that it meant that my computer restarted to prevent data loss. Is there a virus that now comes bundles with the launcher?

Thanks,
Reckless Victor Kent
Level 65

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Sorry you're experiencing problems. Pirate101 definitely shouldn't ruin your computer or give you a virus. You may want to contact our Customer Support at Support@pirate101.com if you're having a lot of issues. When you contact them, please provide as much detail about the problem as possible.

In general as long as you download Pirate101 directly from the official Pirate101 Website (https://www.pirate101.com), it will not contain any viruses or other malware. You can run virus scans to ensure this yourself as well. If you download Pirate101 from an unofficial mirror site, we do not guarantee the security of the software you downloaded.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
AVG is notorious for saying there is a virus when there isn't.

Like they say, you get what you pay for.