Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

NPC Ideas?

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 28, 2015 wrote:
how about unicorns used to be narwhales? and its most insulting because by then we also have them as mounts....
Hmmm... I like you idea, but I chose sharks because they're pretty much polar opposite of the unicorns in terms of personality. A shark is a savage who loves a fight and has no concern for literature or history. While there are unicorn fighters, they're duelists, which is revered more as an art. The unicorns are mainly philosophers and historians.

Still, it's great to hear feedback!

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 28, 2015 wrote:
really love this idea and the starter thread involving this one.... however i saw it more like a little buffalo...maybe the sacred white buffalo? also orphaned but to friar cluck's church because he has natural spooky and can heal also might even have a version of rainbow blessing only called sacred blessing?? el torito is his disguised or alter (XD altar/church boy lol sorry ) name so his irl name should describe him differently anyway

his back story could follow from a dream from one of the buffalo elders dreams in which a female goddess brings him to the tribes as a sacred blessing of peace and prosperity in the sight of massive changes...prophecy then indicates he will be a great warrior and reunite all the various peoples of cool ranch...love the name of el torito and the idea jack mentioned of fan mail etc is cute too :) would fit because he is also technically a kind of bull and yet is little with a great spirit(no pun intended that time XD lol) also he should fulfill toro puppet show prophecy part of "how can you hit what you cannot see?' therefore he gets at least walk in shadows...

(everytime i go to cool ranch i get hungry :/)

i have more that goes with this but for now i just gonna ross it out there for comments? would a white bison bull be an ok future el torito??

stormy jen
You've got some great ideas here. I like the idea of uniting all the races of Cool Ranch. Honestly, I think El Toro should start with Walk in Shadows given the puppet show. It says nobody knows who's under the El Toro mask. I think it'd be fairly obvious if there was a snake, bull, or horse under the mask. Walk in Shadows would give that part a little more meaning. When El Torito(kazoo theme) is in battles, it'll be nice for him to have a heal. I agree it should start with the fan mail scene(thx for the idea Jack).

Btw, don't worry about getting hungry in Cool Ranch, it's nacho fault they gave their world such a cheesy title...

I'm gonna go lock myself in the brig.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Armada Companions

No, no no. I know what you're thinking, "Jack, for crying out loud! We've already established that that will NEVER happen!" Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up. Please just let me explain.

I was thinking one day, "What if our companions turned 'evil'?"Better yet, what if there were Clockwork versions of them?

There'll probably be many more"distractions" before we actually encounter Kane (or plunge into a final battle with him). In lieu of this, why not have a Clockwork version of some of the main companions (Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Old Scratch, etc.) and maybe yourself (a smaller Clockwork with a humanoid shape)?

Here's how I would imagine it playing out:

Setting: A Clockwork Factory

Gracie Conrad: "Quickly! Let's hide in this room!"

Investigate the Boiler Room

El Toro: "Ah, and what might those things be?"

Ratbeard: "It looks like... us!"
Ratbeard: "Hey! I look pretty good!"

Bonnie Anne: "Be quiet, you git!"

Old Scratch: "An' dere be you, Captain, my Captain."

Presidio Companion: "And you don't look very happy, either!"

Starting Companion: "It's an ambush! Defend yourselves!"

Defeat Clockwork Doppelgangers
although i agree about not having armada as companions, i can easily see this idea playing out an an epic battles dungeon in which on each floor 2 of the main storyline companions are automatically locked in then get to choose one for the other armada guards...for example you bonnie anne ratbeard and one of your choice against the doppelganger ratbeard and bonnie with 2 armada guards, the loot being something like a new hat for ratbeard(gives an epic) and a new gun for bonnie(gives an epic move) so i can hear ratbeard saying aha! i got me a new hat! and bonnie saying well i found a new musket... then next floor might be scratch and toro... then monkey king catbeard etc etc
its a large challenging dungeon similar to moo manchu...many can play with you but only the first time do each of your companions get a new item/epic move card after you click yar they are upgraded instantly :D i see this as taking plce before kane dungeon so quite awhile from now i bet....

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Kali Mari

The character Kahli Mari is inspired by two things: calamari and the Hindu goddess Durga.
Calamari
Calamari is the Italian and culinary word for many dishes involving squid.
Durga
Durga is the Hindu goddess of the victory of good over evil. She is known for her many limbs (those being arms) and she is commonly portrayed riding a tiger or lion. Other names for her include Parvati, Ambika, and Kali.

Kali Mari would be a goddess worshiped primarily in the world of Rajah. The fact that she rides a tiger would represent her deity-ship by showing that she is above the tigers of Rajah. Despite the wordplay, I picture her as more of an octopus rather than a squid.

Captain Octavio - Leader of the Octopirates

The inspiration for this character is wordplay and Eiichiro Oda's One Piece.

The prefix "octa" (featured in his name) refers to the number eight.
"Octavio" is just a name I thought of (there was also something called an Octavio Octopus scroll which was used by early pirates according to Google Books and a muppet named Octavio the Octopus).

"Octopi" (featured in the name of his faction) is the plural form of "octopus".

The world of One Piece features a wide array of creatures which include Fishmen. The Fishmen are a race of, well, humanoid sea creatures.There is a supporting Fishman character named Hachi, a humanoid octopus who wields six swords (rivaling the character Roranoa Zoro/Zolo's three-sword-style).

Captain Octavio is a purple octopus who sports a stereotypical pirate hat (with a "" symbol rather than ""), a red and white striped shirt, green-grey pants with a brown belt, and heavy brown boots. He uses six rapiers that have silver blades and golden hilts. His critical would involve him emitting black ink (from his mouth) and hammering away that the enemy. This attack would look like a cartoon scuffle -- dust (ink in this case) covers the conflict from view and fists (tentacles) and stars (still stars) would pop out from time to time.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
So I haven't posted an idea in a while now, so I'm gonna give you my next idea:

Justin Beaver

I can feel your reactions already, but let me finish. You meet him as an aspiring pop star who constantly chatters when he gets nervous, and he has some stage fright. You do a quest for him and once you're done, he realizes if you can do that, then he can perform in front of people. The problem is, he's still not that good. So you need to give him the materials to help him practice. Once that's done, you get a music player for your house. It would look like a small dam made from twigs and sticks.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
FOREWARNING: In this particular post, I am going to stray from ideas for completely new characters and, instead, focus on companions and other NPCs that are presently existent (I am well aware of the fact that companions are, in fact, playable, but they are only playable to some degree). If you so desire to elaborate upon such ideas or write a similar post, go for it.

Running of the Bulls
This is an El Toro exclusive buff which increases movement. It's inspiration is the Running of the Bulls, a Spanish event where people, well, run from bulls.

Fox Trot
This would be Bonnie Anne's version of an increased movement buff. It's inspiration is "foxtrot", a dance or a nautical code word (depending upon its use).

Monkey Around
This would be Monkey King's doppelganger power. It's inspiration is a portion of the Monkees' theme song (otherwise known as Hey Hey We're the Monkees).

NOTE: Many people (including myself) would love to see the class trainers in combat. In lieu of this, I created some moves for them. Enjoy.

Mirror Mirror
This would be one of Madame Vadima's moves. Like Monkey King's Monkey Around, it would create a number of doppelgangers (a number which I have not yet determined). It's inspiration is the Queen's (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) famed "Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

Twenty-One Gun Salute
This would be a one of the Commodore's powers. I suppose it would be a more powerful version of Big Guns. It's inspiration is the 21-gun salute, the action of firing twenty-one firearms or cannons to honor a deceased member of the military.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Mootah Hari ( Mata Hari )
An entertainer from MooShu, she is actually a spy for the Armada. Based on the infamous spy of WW1.

Dirty Dingo McGee
A weapons smuggler from Zafaria. A rival of Captain Reynolds.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Here's one.

Admiral Isoroku Yamamooto, Admiral of the Mooshu Navy. (Coined from Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, WWII Japanese Admiral.)

Description: Yamamooto needs your help in planning a daring and cunning attack on a key Armada harbor in Cadiz in order to cripple the legendary Armada fleet, and to keep them from retaliating against Mooshu once the Armada learns that Mooshu, their former ally, was behind the attack.

What event is this based off of?: Pearl Harbor.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Hello, my friends! I took a short leave, but am back -- back with more ideas galore.

So, why don't we get started?

Ponce de Lion
Ponce de Lion is the Pirate101 version of (Juan) Ponce de León, a Spanish explorer and conquistador who became the first Governor of Puerto Rico by appointment of the Spanish crown. (He also led the first European expedition to Florida (which he named).)

Lindsey Starling
Lindsey Starling is a female, humanoid bird whose weapon of choice is a violin. As for her class, well, you can decide (meaning, I have not determined it and would like to hear YOUR input).

Lindsey Starling's inspiration is Lindsey Stirling, one of my favorite performers. For those who do not know who she is, Wikipedia presents: A Short History of Lindsey Stirling: "Lindsey Stirling is an American violinist, dancer, performance artist, singer and composer. She presents choreographed violin performances, both live and in music videos found on her YouTube channel, Lindsey Stirling, which she introduced in 2007."

Looking in the Crown Shop, one can find a certain Lucy Stirling. Some may consider this a reference to Lindsey Stirling, and therefore say, "Well, we've already got her covered." And what do I say? "DASH IT ALL!" I feel Miss Stirling needs her very own character, if one were to be made.

Cabin Boys
Cabin Boys are NPCs which function like Assistants in Wizard101. More accurately, they ARE Assistants, but in Pirate101 (rather than Wizard101).

Additional Factions
Octopirates - Octopi who so happen to be pirates, this faction is run by Captain Octavio (a character from one of my previous posts). Their jolly roger has the "" (Cthulhu) symbol with cross bones beneath it.

Scalywags - The Scalywags is a group of pirates generally made up of (for lack of a better term) “fish men.” The faction also made up of Krokotopians and other scaled creatures. Their jolly roger is a black background with a white skeletal fish and cross bones beneath it.

That is all for now!
- Jack

Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
I'd say someone like "Coniglio," a rabbit from Mooshu who happened to be like the pirate, hunting down the armada, but his crew was defeated in a battle in Monquista City, and now he lives alone in a sewer in Skull Island. He has the windstone to the next world, whichever world it is, but when you arrive, he's being attacked by the armada. He is an ally, not a companion, he is a swashbuckler, has a sword for a weapon and has 2,562 health. He has vengeance strike, relentless 2 and blade storm. After you save him, he gives you the windstone.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
SwashSpider on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
I'd say someone like "Coniglio," a rabbit from Mooshu who happened to be like the pirate, hunting down the armada, but his crew was defeated in a battle in Monquista City, and now he lives alone in a sewer in Skull Island. He has the windstone to the next world, whichever world it is, but when you arrive, he's being attacked by the armada. He is an ally, not a companion, he is a swashbuckler, has a sword for a weapon and has 2,562 health. He has vengeance strike, relentless 2 and blade storm. After you save him, he gives you the windstone.
General Thought(s):

Vengeance Strike is an interesting choice for a Swashbuckler.

Question(s):

1.) "Coniglio" is Italian for rabbit. Valencia (the world) is associated with Italy. How does this tie in? (Him being from Mooshu and all.)

2.) When did the defeat of his crew in Monquista City occur? (Was it pre or post Gortez's Golden Age?)

3.) How did he end up in Skull Island? (Did he have assistance from a rabbit we know very well, yet almost nothing of? Cough, cough-One-Eyed-Jack)

Idea(s):

If I were to redesign him, he would be the prodigal nephew of One-Eyed Jack. "Il Coniglio" would be the nephew's underworld name. His real name is Peter (as in Peter Rabbit), but was stuck with the cutesy nickname of "Flopsy" (as in the name Jack first introduced himself as). As Il Coniglio, he is a hardcore, notorious smuggler (known throughout the Spiral) and member of the Resistance -- far from being cutesy.

Being reckless, he heads to Cadiz to take Kane head-on. His crew is decimated. (Captain Steed was partly referring to Il Coniglio's defeat when talking about the Resistance falling -- making the attack pre-Valencia story.)

Il Coniglio managed to escape (similar to Peter Rabbit's escape) and even managed to obtain a windstone which would allow passage through an alternate route into Valencia. However, he is haunted by his failure, the deaths of his crew, and the thought that Kane is unbeatable.

Upon hearing that Peter has returned (I presume through his "connections"), Jack sends word to Avery to have us revisit him. During the visit, Jack asks us a favor: bring Flopsy home.

After some coaxing, fighting, and other story elements, Peter decides to return to his Uncle, but not before talk of defeating Kane is uttered. When he hears we have a lead, he gladly gives up the windstone.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
Hello, my friends! I took a short leave, but am back -- back with more ideas galore.

So, why don't we get started?

Ponce de Lion
Ponce de Lion is the Pirate101 version of (Juan) Ponce de León, a Spanish explorer and conquistador who became the first Governor of Puerto Rico by appointment of the Spanish crown. (He also led the first European expedition to Florida (which he named).)

Lindsey Starling
Lindsey Starling is a female, humanoid bird whose weapon of choice is a violin. As for her class, well, you can decide (meaning, I have not determined it and would like to hear YOUR input).

Lindsey Starling's inspiration is Lindsey Stirling, one of my favorite performers. For those who do not know who she is, Wikipedia presents: A Short History of Lindsey Stirling: "Lindsey Stirling is an American violinist, dancer, performance artist, singer and composer. She presents choreographed violin performances, both live and in music videos found on her YouTube channel, Lindsey Stirling, which she introduced in 2007."

Looking in the Crown Shop, one can find a certain Lucy Stirling. Some may consider this a reference to Lindsey Stirling, and therefore say, "Well, we've already got her covered." And what do I say? "DASH IT ALL!" I feel Miss Stirling needs her very own character, if one were to be made.

Cabin Boys
Cabin Boys are NPCs which function like Assistants in Wizard101. More accurately, they ARE Assistants, but in Pirate101 (rather than Wizard101).

Additional Factions
Octopirates - Octopi who so happen to be pirates, this faction is run by Captain Octavio (a character from one of my previous posts). Their jolly roger has the "" (Cthulhu) symbol with cross bones beneath it.

Scalywags - The Scalywags is a group of pirates generally made up of (for lack of a better term) “fish men.” The faction also made up of Krokotopians and other scaled creatures. Their jolly roger is a black background with a white skeletal fish and cross bones beneath it.

That is all for now!
- Jack
Come to think of it, I'd rather have Lindsey Starling look like Sarah Steele, but wearing Lindsey's Master of Tides outfit.

The way Sarah looks when she dodges is quite similar to that of some of Lindsey's choreography. The two are thin, red-haired, and have fair skin (well, hair in Sarah's case). If Lindsey was a mouse, she'd probably look like Sarah! It's a better fit.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
The Black Bearded Dragon

The Black Bearded Dragon is one of the higher-ups of the Scalywags.

Obviously, The Black Bearded Dragon is a Pirate101 version of the famous Edward “Blackbeard” Teach/Thatch. Because of this, he will be dressed in Blackbeard-like attire. (He will be an anthropomorphic bearded dragon with black on the tips of his beard.)

On the not so obvious note, a black bearded dragon is something that can be observed in nature. (You can find pictures of it on Google Images by searching “black bearded dragon”. It is, in my opinion, something definitely worth seeing.) According to animals.mom.me, a male bearded dragon will develop a black beard when feeling territorial or aggressive, during courtship, and when he needs attention/is ill.

A big, tough male will develop one to show his supremacy and authority over other bearded dragons. This is the reason why the Black Bearded Dragon will have a black beard.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
The Loan Shark

I would love for there to be a character who is a cutthroat loan shark who happens to be a Cutthroat Shark. Hilariously enough, he would be a civilized savage, one who has, in his words, “forsaken the barbarity of [his] ignorant ancestors.” He finds that a sharp mind is far more deadly than a sharpened cutlass, and though he opposes barbarity, he is a ruthless businessman.

The Loan Shark is in league with the Frogfather. (The Frogfather notes that he is “ [his] associate and good friend.”)

He would wear a suit, sport a monocle, and have sleek, well combed, black hair (a toupee, of course). In one of his hands would be a glass.

I have not determined an actual name for him yet, but I’ll leave it up to you.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
In honor of Junk Food Day, one could redeem the code "crunchy" for a new pet snack called "El Doreeto."

Hmm...

... sounds familiar...

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
In honor of Junk Food Day, one could redeem the code "crunchy" for a new pet snack called "El Doreeto."

Hmm...

... sounds familiar...
kazoo theme