Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Where can you get the most scrip on ships?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 14, 2014
hello fellow pirates sorry that I haven't posted in a while I have been busy for the past two weeks and when I got on to see the game a question came to my head and so I thought " hmm where would be the best place to get scrip when you are doing skyway scrip farming?" If any of you have any ideas on where I can get the most scrip please leave your message below and have a Happy Holidays

Oh yeah and I will not be farming moo Manchu anymore because I don't know what to farm for but if any of you have an idea on what to get for buckler let me know as well but before you give me any idea's ill give you my stats

hat: Gamblers stenston gives valor's armor
armor: gives 7 weapon power 10 agility and 50 resistance
boots: shoes of faunos gives valor fort
weapon: Nefarious Knives gives flanking and hidden as well as a stunning 225 weapon power
eye patch patch of St Fido's gives 12 dodge and accuracy and 9 damage
and all of the Manchu rings totems and necklaces.

That will be all my friends have a good day and a happy holidays.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
captainjack205 on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
hello fellow pirates sorry that I haven't posted in a while I have been busy for the past two weeks and when I got on to see the game a question came to my head and so I thought " hmm where would be the best place to get scrip when you are doing skyway scrip farming?" If any of you have any ideas on where I can get the most scrip please leave your message below and have a Happy Holidays

Oh yeah and I will not be farming moo Manchu anymore because I don't know what to farm for but if any of you have an idea on what to get for buckler let me know as well but before you give me any idea's ill give you my stats

weapon: Nefarious Knives gives flanking and hidden as well as a stunning 225 weapon power

For the chest, I have Captain Blood's Jacket and Moo Manchu's that summons the terror-catta warriors.

Admiral
May 30, 2010

If you can get into the Aquilan skyways, go beat up Capt. Pluton.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Marleybone is good because you can do the Turret in between taking out mob Armada ships while waiting on it to respawn. Also Aquila is great. You can focus on the two bosses, Pluton and Spartacos and their mob ships in between boss respawn can drop up to 14 scrip plus you get great ship part drops.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
A "Scrip Wolf Pack" forms at the Isle of Dogs Life Fountain, Realm = Vadima at 4:00 pm Central Standard Time (CST) Weekdays. On weekends, I think the time is around 12:00 pm CST. Someone will be checking back at the top of the hour for about 10 minutes. At the moment, Chrissy is the person in charge but this is subject to change.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Chrissy has setup a calendar on the Stars of the Spiral Website which shows when the Scrip Pack is forming at Isle of Dogs Life Fountain, Realm = Vadima.

Developer
"Where can you get the most scrip on ships?"

Ships in Aquila, being the highest level ships, have the highest possible scrip drops.

But the question you really should be asking is not which ships have the most scrip, but which ships you should be hunting to earn scrip the fastest.

Sink the highest level ships you can find, which you can sink quickly and safely, in a place where you have access to lots of ships to fight.

Ensign
Mar 14, 2014
Thanks Ratbeard but also I been thinking of another question and that question is if there will be a scrip option for to order your companion to collect scrip

Developer
captainjack205 on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Thanks Ratbeard but also I been thinking of another question and that question is if there will be a scrip option for to order your companion to collect scrip
Probably not-- that runs counter to the intent that scrip be hard to come by, and that the rewards of scrip should be difficult to earn.

Ensign
Mar 14, 2014
ok and one more question when or will there ever be scrip weapons like the ones we get from nefarious and would they range up to 7000 scrip for a weapon that has epic talents like say a weapon gives you a tough rank that gives your health a little bit of a boost and along with it would be a special power. what I mean is will there be more added to the scrip shop.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I also have a question, could we earn more scrip from ship battling and farming the arena. I defeated one of the ship bosses in Aquila and after that I only got one scrip. Seeming as though a lot of things to purchase are quite expensive with scrip maybe you could increase how much we get?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It is a random drop rate, Ninja P. Sinking the Aquila bosses I have received anything from 1 to 13 scrip (and sometimes, of course, none). My pirate who is most focused on Scrip tried Ratbeard's advice with a friend yesterday: instead og going after the Aquila bosses and minion ships they fell back to the Westminster Skyway and stalked Capt. Brocks and his Heart of Gold (nice Hitchhiker's Guide reference, that). Sinking him (and nearby cat pirates while waiting for Capt. Beeblebrox - sorry, Brocks - to respawn rather than the higher-level ships in Aquila meant we sank considerably more ships over the course of an hour than we had previously done farming for scrip in the tougher Aquilan skyway, even though individual drops on average was less. I earned something like 120 to 130 scrip in an hour.

Mind you, if you are sailing an Aquilan ship, then it is worth going after Capt. Pluton for his excellent ship equipment drops in addition to scrip drops.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ninja Phoenix123 on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
I also have a question, could we earn more scrip from ship battling and farming the arena. I defeated one of the ship bosses in Aquila and after that I only got one scrip. Seeming as though a lot of things to purchase are quite expensive with scrip maybe you could increase how much we get?
The amount of scrip you get will vary from 1 to 14 in Aquila. Boss or not. I have gotten 1 from boss and 14 from a mere mob ship and everything else in between. The boss just gives better drops of gear to sell for pet morphing gold

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
The amount of scrip you get will vary from 1 to 14 in Aquila. Boss or not. I have gotten 1 from boss and 14 from a mere mob ship and everything else in between. The boss just gives better drops of gear to sell for pet morphing gold
I understand that but much of the Black Market goodies range over 10000 scrip, I am sure that KI will add more ways to get scrip but farming for that much would just take days.

Developer
Indigo Ring on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
It is a random drop rate, Ninja P. Sinking the Aquila bosses I have received anything from 1 to 13 scrip (and sometimes, of course, none). My pirate who is most focused on Scrip tried Ratbeard's advice with a friend yesterday: instead og going after the Aquila bosses and minion ships they fell back to the Westminster Skyway and stalked Capt. Brocks and his Heart of Gold (nice Hitchhiker's Guide reference, that). Sinking him (and nearby cat pirates while waiting for Capt. Beeblebrox - sorry, Brocks - to respawn rather than the higher-level ships in Aquila meant we sank considerably more ships over the course of an hour than we had previously done farming for scrip in the tougher Aquilan skyway, even though individual drops on average was less. I earned something like 120 to 130 scrip in an hour.

Mind you, if you are sailing an Aquilan ship, then it is worth going after Capt. Pluton for his excellent ship equipment drops in addition to scrip drops.

-Indigo
Sinking him (and nearby cat pirates while waiting for him to respawn) rather than the higher-level ships in Aquila meant we sank considerably more ships over the course of an hour than we had previously done farming for scrip in the tougher Aquilan skyway, even though individual drops on average was less. I earned something like 120 to 130 scrip in an hour.

Bingo!

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Been trying to get scrip. Can you get scrip by boarding ships and defeating them? The ship i really like is a low level ship. so i get boarded all the time. which i enjoy doing. Just blowing up ships doesnt do it justice...for me anyway Anyway....havent gotten any scrip yet. So will I be able to get scrip fighting ships this way?

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Technically you get the most scrip in Aquila but it seems like its a rarer drop on ships there (Don't know for certain just saying my luck) but I have good luck on Inoshishi ships in Khotan and it can be pretty efficient if you farm in between the Yakooza cave and Kaizoku Jima cuz that lets you farm Gyudon and The Pearl Wolf,
That's just luck probably though ....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nitewalker7180 on Dec 27, 2014 wrote:
Been trying to get scrip. Can you get scrip by boarding ships and defeating them? The ship i really like is a low level ship. so i get boarded all the time. which i enjoy doing. Just blowing up ships doesnt do it justice...for me anyway Anyway....havent gotten any scrip yet. So will I be able to get scrip fighting ships this way?
You must sink the ship to get scrip. No boarding.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I have never received scrip the times I have joined someone that got boarded. I don't believe scrip is in the loot table for an on deck fight. Perhaps Ratbeard can confirm this. Just saying my particular experience.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
The only way I have every gotten Scrip is to blow them out of the sky without boarding. Unfortunately, that sounds like you will have to get a better ship and equipment. Good Luck!

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
I have been sinking Armada mob ships in Valencia and earning scrip approximately 75% of the time. They yield between 1 and 4 scrip when they drop and the mob ships are plentiful. This lower rate of scrip yield at a faster drop rate is earning me about 100/ hour. Personally, I think this is the easiest way to earn scrip, just find a mob that is easy for your ship to blast away at.. rinse... repeat...!!
Sneaky Jim (Red Sash boss by Coopers Roost) drops scrip EVERY time his ship (Bonanza) is sunk, but to be efficient, you have to change realms every time you sink it because the re-spawn time for the Bonanza is longer than a minute. I personally dislike changing realms all the time, but it appears to be a guaranteed return of 1 to 4 scrip per minute. I have never received a scrip from the red sash mobs around Sneaky Jim though, so if you are scrip farming there, changing realms seems to be a must.