Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Secret Bases

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
I was thinking to myself, why have so many empty caves throughout the spiral. I know that they are there in case an encounter is put there sometime. For a select few caves in the many worlds, have the option to inhabit those caves with a sign of some sort differentiating then from normal caves.

In a secret base, you can get healed, place some furniture down or a companion, and teleport there whenever for easier access around the spiral. On the other hand, you have the threat of enemies who want to take it over. When one of your bases is being invaded, a companion you placed there will warn you when you log in. If you did not place a companion down, you may find that enemies have inhabited your base the next time you visit. To reclaim your base, battle the enemies and win. You wont be able to get any furniture you put down back unless you battle the invaders.

The points of getting a base are to help move around the spiral, with the bases located furthest away from the transportalers, and you get a liile bit of scrip every so often from each one. A base is just like your own private black market, but not open to real pirates. And so with the free scrip they come with, there is the threat of invaders(Random enemies from the world it is in, or possibly a boss you beat in the past). You can get more scrip when you place down more furniture, or expensive furniture. Well, what'cha think?

-Tireless Evan Evans(Is this the swashbuckler sign?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
EMC99 on Dec 4, 2014 wrote:
I was thinking to myself, why have so many empty caves throughout the spiral. I know that they are there in case an encounter is put there sometime. For a select few caves in the many worlds, have the option to inhabit those caves with a sign of some sort differentiating then from normal caves.

In a secret base, you can get healed, place some furniture down or a companion, and teleport there whenever for easier access around the spiral. On the other hand, you have the threat of enemies who want to take it over. When one of your bases is being invaded, a companion you placed there will warn you when you log in. If you did not place a companion down, you may find that enemies have inhabited your base the next time you visit. To reclaim your base, battle the enemies and win. You wont be able to get any furniture you put down back unless you battle the invaders.

The points of getting a base are to help move around the spiral, with the bases located furthest away from the transportalers, and you get a liile bit of scrip every so often from each one. A base is just like your own private black market, but not open to real pirates. And so with the free scrip they come with, there is the threat of invaders(Random enemies from the world it is in, or possibly a boss you beat in the past). You can get more scrip when you place down more furniture, or expensive furniture. Well, what'cha think?

OH now that sounds fun and oh so piratey.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

Heheheheheh......THAT sounds like FUN.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Thanks for liking this. I made a few rough drafts in my room before submitting. I thought of the pros and cons for each part of the idea. For example, if you put lots of expensive furniture in your base, you can't get it back until you defeat the invaders, so there is more to lose(in a way). But the good part of putting in the expensive items means more scrip for your pirates. The pros balance the cons just as I like it. Well, on to my next idea I have been working on. (I actually don't have any right now)

Tireless Evan Evans (Still not sure if this is the swashbuckler sign)

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011

The Armada might make use of this as an elaborate scheme to take over each skyway, which would make it allot more fun in my perspective seeing as it could be like a subplot.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
well the base thing sounds like an amazing idea but the invaders idea just AWESOME

sneaky jordan freeman

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014

yea that sounds really cool. (btw, is the swashbuckler sign )

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
EMC99 on Dec 5, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for liking this. I made a few rough drafts in my room before submitting. I thought of the pros and cons for each part of the idea. For example, if you put lots of expensive furniture in your base, you can't get it back until you defeat the invaders, so there is more to lose(in a way). But the good part of putting in the expensive items means more scrip for your pirates. The pros balance the cons just as I like it. Well, on to my next idea I have been working on. (I actually don't have any right now)

Tireless Evan Evans (Still not sure if this is the swashbuckler sign)
is the Swash sign. Great idea by the way. Quick and easy transportation would be very helpful

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
This is the best idea ever! Reminds me of a mechanic I saw in a Pokemon game once.

I would get a cave on Kaizoku-Jima and turn it into a place to maroon unwanted companions.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Mark Laveer on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
This is the best idea ever! Reminds me of a mechanic I saw in a Pokemon game once.

I would get a cave on Kaizoku-Jima and turn it into a place to maroon unwanted companions.
That was actually where the inspiration for this idea came from! How funny is that? Anyways, thanks for liking this idea.