Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wing Chun Help!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 05, 2011
Hello I am a sharpshooter. Now I get Wing Chun however I don't know what to train him in. He is lvl 40 if that helps. I have no problem reseting his talents and epics. So what talents and epics do you reccomend. Thank you in advance.

Reckless Blaze lvl 43

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ExpertTrainer on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
Hello I am a sharpshooter. Now I get Wing Chun however I don't know what to train him in. He is lvl 40 if that helps. I have no problem reseting his talents and epics. So what talents and epics do you reccomend. Thank you in advance.

Reckless Blaze lvl 43
Hi Blaze, welcome to the message boards.

As Wing Chun is a Privateer you will want to make sure you train him in all the way in Will or Spirited as all his powers and strengths boost off of that. Training all the way in Rough will also boost his damage potential. Since he comes preloaded with Riposte training him in dodge will increase the chance an enemy will miss him so that Riposte can kick in.
Now that Blade Storm kicks in after a critical strike as well as after finishing off an enemy, it is always good to have blade storm trained. The rest is preferences. I like to train in Relentless as it is a joy to watch that kick in and see your companion letting loose with a string of hits that takes out your enemy or leaves them damaged enough that a pet can finish them off. Flanking is another useful one that you can use to plan around and guarente that extra hit from him if you place your companions right. With each thing you choose, take it up to level 2 and then go one by one with your increases, balancing them around until you run out of training spots.

I always wished we had a count down box so we could know how to space things out but we don't (Yet, hopefully) so it's best to keep things balanced out.

Since the last few are preferences, I am sure that your fellow Message Board Marauders may have some different styles that will work better or differently depending on what you want Wing to do for you.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
Hi Blaze, welcome to the message boards.

As Wing Chun is a Privateer you will want to make sure you train him in all the way in Will or Spirited as all his powers and strengths boost off of that. Training all the way in Rough will also boost his damage potential. Since he comes preloaded with Riposte training him in dodge will increase the chance an enemy will miss him so that Riposte can kick in.
Now that Blade Storm kicks in after a critical strike as well as after finishing off an enemy, it is always good to have blade storm trained. The rest is preferences. I like to train in Relentless as it is a joy to watch that kick in and see your companion letting loose with a string of hits that takes out your enemy or leaves them damaged enough that a pet can finish them off. Flanking is another useful one that you can use to plan around and guarente that extra hit from him if you place your companions right. With each thing you choose, take it up to level 2 and then go one by one with your increases, balancing them around until you run out of training spots.

I always wished we had a count down box so we could know how to space things out but we don't (Yet, hopefully) so it's best to keep things balanced out.

Since the last few are preferences, I am sure that your fellow Message Board Marauders may have some different styles that will work better or differently depending on what you want Wing to do for you.
That's really good to know, I'm always looking for ways to improve my companions. Wing Chun is okay, but he could be better. I also wish there was a countdown box on how much we can spend on their epics or talents, it would be incredibly helpful instead of being surprised or so.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
welcome blaze
you want to increase his health and defense as he is a privateer
increase his riposte to maximum and give him relentless 1
do not forget his dodge