Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

No trade items from The Tower Of Moo Manchu!

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
Hello, I have a question for Ratbeard in person. Rat if you see this and answer I would appreciate it!

You once said that we should hold on to our non-trade items that we get from The Tower Of Moo Manchu, but we haven't heard from you ever since. Can you assure us about whether or not those items will be fixed and tradable?
It's really one big issue that we would all like to know about. One question, that wanders in our minds, are we waiting for something, or nothing at all??

BTW, the items I mean to mention are the double-carded ones that are differently classified from the class which gets them.

Thanks in advance!! ;D

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I know this class exclusivity items are taking up spaces in my bank. My Buccaneer got a lot of Swashbuckler exclusive weapons,as well as witchdoctor weapons and privateer gears.This no trade issue, for me is starting to get really annoying. But I read from a previous post,they are finding a way to make it tradable.

Lieutenant
Dec 02, 2009
I would like to know to my swash has a few for my witchdoctor and can't trade them there really nice to.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
I really thought that we would have heard by now about the tower no trade items. Ratbeard posted again early last week to hang onto them.

I'm really getting cramped in my backpacks and banks.

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Well, no trade would be cool but there are lots of no trade and class specific items in the game and I haven't heard anyone complain until now. I have, however, heard many of you go on and on about grinding and farming and the pride you take in spending days, weeks, even months trying to get a piece of gear. Well...here's your big chance. I actually have every nefarious weapon for each of my pirates now and I've only done the tower about a dozen times. My Musketeer got the Nova Blaster on her second time through the tower. My Witchdoctor has the staff as well as the Charming Mask and my Swashbuckler has Moo Manchu's entire outfit along with the Nefarious Blades. So what's holding you guys back? Get back in the tower and do some farming. They don't call it the grind for nothing.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Spiral Cowboy on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
Well, no trade would be cool but there are lots of no trade and class specific items in the game and I haven't heard anyone complain until now. I have, however, heard many of you go on and on about grinding and farming and the pride you take in spending days, weeks, even months trying to get a piece of gear. Well...here's your big chance. I actually have every nefarious weapon for each of my pirates now and I've only done the tower about a dozen times. My Musketeer got the Nova Blaster on her second time through the tower. My Witchdoctor has the staff as well as the Charming Mask and my Swashbuckler has Moo Manchu's entire outfit along with the Nefarious Blades. So what's holding you guys back? Get back in the tower and do some farming. They don't call it the grind for nothing.
Well, either you have spent a fortune in crowns on second chance chests, or you must have the best RNG in the world.

Many of us are farming and grinding, some people even have over 50 wins against Moo Manchu.

You have not heard anyone complain about no trade before? There have been many posts previously about many different items, this time though, it seems to have really caught on and many people have asked for this.

RatBeard has stated, hold on to your items, he is working on it.

So I am not sure how your post is constructive as many of us keep grinding, people are just wondering how much longer they have to hold on to stuff, since banks are only so big!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
All posts are constructive as long as they are not tearing someone else's down. Opinions are highly valued here and always welcome. DIffering views are how we are encouraged to think along new paths and grow mentally. Even if an idea is opposite from my current view, it always triggers a rethinking process and gets me to reevaluate what I have made a stand on and possibly step off my current soapbox and step upon another one.
Never be afraid to voice your hearts here folks. As long as no one is attacked then we all have the potential to better ourselves from them. Mind you, just because you don't agree with something and say so, does not constitute negativity or the oft over used word "hate" It's healthy to respectfully agree to disagree. We all grow and modify our thinking by the sharing of the ideas of others. That is what makes the Message Board Marauders so strong. We uplift each other and together we help each other become better or changed in a healthier way.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Time is holding me back...2+ hours of free time, in one sitting, that's the only thing holding me back. Well that and the real-life "The Grind". Hard to justify grinding in a virtual world when your priorities and responsibilities call for grinding it out in real-life, first and foremost. I have no qualms at all with farming and grinding, I just have to limit my grinds to the smaller timeframe type of grinds.....at least for the time being.

But I'm not complaining at all, I still have a great time doing other fun and helpful stuff with the smaller chunks of time I get. I have been farming, so-to-speak, for simply amazing pets and just helping others get the pets, pedigree, grants, talents and powers they so desire or questing for great gear- with the time I do have, so it has been quite rewarding. Besides, I would rather spend a half hour here and/or an hour there helping someone else get the gear and pets they desire, then spend 2-3 hours trying to get something for myself.

Ol' Moo just got settled into his new Tower and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so rest assure he'll get my attention when I eventually do get those large chunks of time, but yeah, in the meantime the Spiral is still quite a fun and great place to be.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 6, 2014 wrote:
Time is holding me back...2+ hours of free time, in one sitting, that's the only thing holding me back. Well that and the real-life "The Grind". Hard to justify grinding in a virtual world when your priorities and responsibilities call for grinding it out in real-life, first and foremost. I have no qualms at all with farming and grinding, I just have to limit my grinds to the smaller timeframe type of grinds.....at least for the time being.

But I'm not complaining at all, I still have a great time doing other fun and helpful stuff with the smaller chunks of time I get. I have been farming, so-to-speak, for simply amazing pets and just helping others get the pets, pedigree, grants, talents and powers they so desire or questing for great gear- with the time I do have, so it has been quite rewarding. Besides, I would rather spend a half hour here and/or an hour there helping someone else get the gear and pets they desire, then spend 2-3 hours trying to get something for myself.

Ol' Moo just got settled into his new Tower and isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so rest assure he'll get my attention when I eventually do get those large chunks of time, but yeah, in the meantime the Spiral is still quite a fun and great place to be.
So Moo is dealing with the ol' "Wait til your Valkoor gets home" type of scenario. Sheesh, no wonder he is so grumpy, that kind of "I am SO busted" fear stress will mess up anyone's attitude.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 9, 2014 wrote:
So Moo is dealing with the ol' "Wait til your Valkoor gets home" type of scenario. Sheesh, no wonder he is so grumpy, that kind of "I am SO busted" fear stress will mess up anyone's attitude.
Yeah, with all of his waiting, anxiety and anticipation.....he's definitely having a cow!

"Wait till your Valkoor gets home", lol-- that's me, the ol' Bad Cop, Enforcer type for sure. If you do something wrong, you better fess up or not let me find out about it. I'll surely have to lay down the law......cow or kid!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
To date my main character ( a swashbuckler ) has completed the Tower of Moo Manchu 26 times. Resulting in her acquiring: the Dragon Axe of Doom ( 3 & completely useless for her ), the Nefarious Staff ( 2 also useless ), the Nefarious Nova Blaster ( 2, yep, useless ) & Baron Samedi's Mask ( 2, useless unless used with a staff ).
My buccaneer has completed 8 tower runs, it is lucky that she got the Dragon Axe of Doom the first time she went in. She also has Death's Bargain Earring, but choses not to use it.
Now my musketeer has completed 8 tower runs, and what did she get? You guessed it, the Nefarious Knives!
My privateer has 2 complete tower runs has nothing yet.
My witchdoctor has completed 6 tower runs, nothing from Moo or the Nef-5
My extra swashbuckler has been in the tower twice, nothing for her either
That's 52 completed tower runs ( I'm not counting the runs where the team falls apart or leaves the tower after the Nef-5 battle otherwise the number would be much higher. )
So, this is why we are complaining about 'no-trade'. We are grinding and getting nothing or wrong results for our efforts.
I agree with Darth JT, you must've hit the SCC many times to acquire so much.

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
Thanks for the back up guys! Still though I'd like to mention that this whole subject includes a mere question and not any sort of complaining. Now we did go for the tower a lot times and still no luck with the items and some people are really running out of membership. So the question again is, is it either we use the second chance chest to "hopefully" get an item, or will we be able to trade between the classes and get everyone the fairness they deserve!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Tactician0 on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for the back up guys! Still though I'd like to mention that this whole subject includes a mere question and not any sort of complaining. Now we did go for the tower a lot times and still no luck with the items and some people are really running out of membership. So the question again is, is it either we use the second chance chest to "hopefully" get an item, or will we be able to trade between the classes and get everyone the fairness they deserve!!
I see the SCC as a waste of real money, it's like a one of those crane games ( the ones which lower a crane and you try to grab an item. You might get lucky and get what you want or something less desirable or nothing at all ).
For this Tower, because of it's length and difficulty, should have the no-trade removed!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
I see the SCC as a waste of real money, it's like a one of those crane games ( the ones which lower a crane and you try to grab an item. You might get lucky and get what you want or something less desirable or nothing at all ).
For this Tower, because of it's length and difficulty, should have the no-trade removed!
I agree Esperanza, that the SCC can be a bit of a waste of money.....but for the most part, so can any money spent on a virtual world or a game (from a monetary viewpoint). I admit that I do use the SCC's on long dungeons because if I just simply farmed and grinded it for the gear, it would either take me years or I would have to literally take off work in order to come up with the 'spare time' to actually commit to the farming. So, for me, it's a bit of a trade off- either take time from work and making the money- to farm, or spend some of the money I make and bypass the time that I can't find enough of- to spend on farming.

Most of what I have spent on any given SCC would have cost much more money (from missing work to farm for it) to obtain the gear through the countless hours spent on farming-- unless I waited out the years it would take to acquire it. So, I have to look at it in those terms. I think it just depends on the individual and the time and/or money they have and are willing to sacrifice. Time is as precious a commodity as money is.....running out of money is one thing but we all know what it means when you truly "run out of time".

But I do agree that for the investment of time that players place into farming The Tower, No-Trade tag should be exempt from the gear obtained in it. Fortunate for us Ratbeard stated that they are working on that or at least that we should hold onto the current No-Trade gear. So it does seem that a player friendly resolution is in the works for us in the near future.