Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Voice issues

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Please, oh please, oh please remove the voiceover for our characters. The boys sound like girls and the girls sound even more like girls (in the worst possible way) This was unneeded and unwanted, at least by me, and I'd prefer if they were removed ASAP. Great job on the rest of the update, though, I really like it. Thanks!

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
I hate them. We sound like strange little kids. The characters are suppose to be strong silent type not loud and obnoxious type. It annoys me so much. Please take out the voices

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Please, oh please, oh please remove the voiceover for our characters. The boys sound like girls and the girls sound even more like girls (in the worst possible way) This was unneeded and unwanted, at least by me, and I'd prefer if they were removed ASAP. Great job on the rest of the update, though, I really like it. Thanks!
Yes, we sound like we have a penchant for sucking helium! ( or we're mice ). Lowering the pitch may help here.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
Yes, we sound like we have a penchant for sucking helium! ( or we're mice ). Lowering the pitch may help here.
Voice over for our characters? Where?

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
YES! I absolutely hate the voices for our characters. I love doing my own voices of my characters in my head. Now all that is ruined. Plus it's annoying how not only do our characters make sounds when moving but all of our companions sound annoying whenever they move across the board. We don't need all of this unnecessary sounds when playing the game. I feel like I just want to mute everything so I don't have this grinding on my ears while I'm battling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
Voice over for our characters? Where?
Combat, variously high pitched " Ki yah!" & "Hi Yah!" & for boys ( if they defeat an enemy ) "Yo Ho Ho!"
Our companions get voice overs when they move - El Toro has to announce himself as he moves across the board. "Ellll TORO!""

Ensign
Jul 29, 2009
I really don't like this new feature. It makes our characters much less unique.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
I love them... yeah, I'm weird like that. But it's fun, and maybe if we had a bit more... manly voice-overs others would too.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
Dante ZE pirate on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
I hate them. We sound like strange little kids. The characters are suppose to be strong silent type not loud and obnoxious type. It annoys me so much. Please take out the voices
i love their voices but its so annoying when they charge i wish they actually talk that would be awesome

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 4, 2014 wrote:
I have to agree with that--Misty sounds as though she's imitating Sarah Steele after inhaling an entire balloon's worth of helium! Though instead of finding it annoying, I find it quite hilarious. Since I discovered these new voices, every time I battle I nearly fall out of my chair laughing when I attack. Making the pirates and companions a little less noisy would help a little, especially since they make a noise every time they move across the battleboard.

Also, for El Toro: I liked his old voice! What happened to it? It's deeper now, reflecting the voice of his dialogue, but I prefer his old victory noise over the new one.

Great job on the update, KI. I am enjoying it immensely.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Although our pirate(s) now have a voice,which is a nice addition.

I know female characters have high pitched voice,but not that high.Like really a Buccaneer with a sweet sounding voice ? Buccaneers should have a more robust voice. But it seems to fit with the Privateer characters,as well as the Musketeer.

For male characters they need a slightly deeper pitch.

Other than a "few" tuning of the voice over of our pirate character(s), adding a voice to our character was an arr-mazing idea.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Though I REALLY HATE the new player voices, the companion sounds are worse (well, I gotta admit I like wing chun's ). Some of the sounds are annoying and irritating.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I really like all the new sounds. I can hear that a LOT of work went into them and I am in awe of the details. *Shrugs* I'm more than happy with them.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2013
i totally agree with you people i think that the voices should be either deleted or edited so that pitch is lower.
max witch doctor, Faithful Tatiana Jackson

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
I really like all the new sounds. I can hear that a LOT of work went into them and I am in awe of the details. *Shrugs* I'm more than happy with them.
I love these new voices as well, chrissy. It gives a bit more life an excitment to the battle, and a lot of work has been put into this feature. But for the people who don't like it, how about a button in the settings, so it isn't taken away from the people that want the voices. Keep up the great work KingsIsle! Yarr!

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
I sound like a Mooshu cow that has a axe and is very high pitched. It makes me go from penguin to tiny sized high pitched chicken.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Gee, I wouldn't say I hate it. Though, I kind of dislike it. I mean, I like the idea of our characters to have a bit more sound. However, I don't like how high pitched it is. Sometimes I miss our silent characters because it made us seem more mysterious.

Personally, I don't think they should delete it completely. Like Chrissy said, it really sounds like they put a lot of work into it. I don't think they necessarily should lower the pitch, but give us the option to. I've always viewed my pirates around 16 or 17 years old, but the new voices makes them sound like they're 10 or 12... I don't think it's that bad, but it would be really nice if we could have some kind of scale to lower our pirate's voice pitch if we wanted to.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I don't really find the sounds that annoying, I find them funny. When I first heard the sound I was like "What the!" I laughed so hard and I am telling the truth, but I do agree that they could be lower pitched. The girls sound like they are saying hiya! In a really girly way and the boys sound a bit girly.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
It was a pleasant surprise for me. I decided to just wait until the test realm went live, so I was so surprised and enthralled about how great everything was. I like the voices (but the female ones aren't to great).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ninja Phoenix123 on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
I don't really find the sounds that annoying, I find them funny. When I first heard the sound I was like "What the!" I laughed so hard and I am telling the truth, but I do agree that they could be lower pitched. The girls sound like they are saying hiya! In a really girly way and the boys sound a bit girly.
Well they ARE children. They don't have their adult voices yet.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
O.o voices on our characters? I really need to get headphones so I can see for myself (my computer doesn't have a speaker and headphones keep breaking for me XD )

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
I love these new voices as well, chrissy. It gives a bit more life an excitment to the battle, and a lot of work has been put into this feature. But for the people who don't like it, how about a button in the settings, so it isn't taken away from the people that want the voices. Keep up the great work KingsIsle! Yarr!
I agree there should be an option to have it on or not.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Aye Chrissy, I heartily yarred your post. There are quite a few new sounds in the game, and those made by companions and pirates must have taken a good amount of work to get ready. The sound department has accomplished something wonderful. While the girls' voices might be a little high-pitched, I've gotten used to them over the past couple of days. Now I think they're fantastic! Even though I've always thought of Misty as being around 14-15 years old, the pitch doesn't really change that. It makes her seem more human.

I love the work that KI has put into this update. I look forward to seeing what else Ratbeard, Mew, and the other developers come up with in the future.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
or they could of have us do a custom one for our pirates