Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Voice issues

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I tend to agree. We tend to think that our own pirate would sound like us, and it is jarring to hear a voice that isn't ours that is supposedly us.

Ensign
Jun 08, 2013
Pirate101 and kingsisle most of my fellow pirates thing the voices you have made are quite dramatic and not needed and especially the girls think they sound just plain creepy maybe you could make the 1-10 levels be really high and as you level up they sound deeper and more mature thank you for your help

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Anyway I view my pirates as young adults like in thire early 20's,expect for my privateer i view her in her late teen.

I guess there should be a button for that. Options are mute for those like the classic ,original like the voice we are hearing now, mature like sounding more like adult ideal for musketeer and deep ideal for buccaneers and witchdoctors. The voice pitch depends on the character's gender.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
i still like em, but they are kinda unmanly, can we make them a lil lower pitched please? i am tired of fearless robert sounding like hes 7

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
Hmmm... I'm starting to warm up to the voices. Like I said, it's not that bad and I wouldn't say I hate it. I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I still think it would be nice to have some kind of scale to lower the pitch and choose what our pirate can sound. It would make us more unique in a way in combat. I actually still want the voices, it's too much work to just... wash it away!

Ensign
May 19, 2012
dragonmaster1236 on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
When I first heard it i thought it was awesome
Yes, we were all delighted that finally not only our companions have voices.
But, soon afterwards, in my opinion at least, elation gave way to disappointment.
Voices are too shrieky, girls sound like cat ninja on helium and boys like immature chicken brat.
KI, please change pitch of our character voices, to lower of course.
Thank you.

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
the doctor on Sep 6, 2014 wrote:
or they could of have us do a custom one for our pirates
yah that would be great instead of us being Humongous Elves Frolicking through the fields. The Voices are even worse then the girl Voice Froggo Villa Makes once in a while on the battlefield. And that's saying something.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I really like the voices it was a pleasent surprise at first i didnt like them but they've grown on me lol

Ensign
May 19, 2012
Sunny Wolf on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
I really like the voices it was a pleasent surprise at first i didnt like them but they've grown on me lol
Well, moss could grown on me and in time that could be ok.
But these voices - no. Sorry, but no.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2009
I don't mind hearing them for other pirates, but I don't like the voice for my own.

Maybe make your own pirate silent, but give those new voices to any others you are teamed with?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Well, for me, "I've grown accustomed to her voice". I've actually giggled a couple of times, still the girl voices are a bit shrieky.

Ensign
Oct 20, 2009
I don't think my character's new voice matches her at all. :(
I understand that KI wants things to feel more lively, but making the voices only for OTHER pirates and not ourselves would be better.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
Well, for me, "I've grown accustomed to her voice". I've actually giggled a couple of times, still the girl voices are a bit shrieky.
Yea, they are just a little bit high-pitched. Almost like Shiruku Neko, the Cat Ninja. I have to say, while I love the voices, they definitely don't fit my Buccaneer. While she is (in my mind) the second-youngest of my pirates (about 12 and a half), I always imagined her with a more mature-sounding voice.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
The major problem I have with giving the pirate a voice is, the pirate is supposed to represent me. I can choose how the pirate looks, I can choose what the pirate wears....but I don't get to choose what they sound like?

See, we imagine what they sound like (usually like ourselves, because they are, after all, avatars) and when the voice given doesn't match...well, its disconcerting.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2011
Isn't there a option that you can turn down your pirates voice down to zero? If so, KI should add this for people that don't like the voice for our pirates.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
By the way that high pitch kinda ruined it for my witchdoctor, since she has a deep cold voice. Hopefully they include a voice pitch adjuster in the setting menu for our main pirate character(s), in a future update.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Ok I like mah voice now! I sound awesome! Was their another update?

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
AlphaWolf02 on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
Please, oh please, oh please remove the voiceover for our characters. The boys sound like girls and the girls sound even more like girls (in the worst possible way) This was unneeded and unwanted, at least by me, and I'd prefer if they were removed ASAP. Great job on the rest of the update, though, I really like it. Thanks!
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! I personally don't like the pirate's voices, but I like the rest of the companion's voices! Great job! I don't like the rest of them because of your reason, but also, it makes me think of the pirates differently, with those voices, I can't really make the pirates do funny things.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
It would maybe be a cool feature if we could choose which sound we wanted for our pirates or even use our own voice, maybe if KI adds another step to when creating your character and you say Yarrr! or Yoho! Into our speakers or something and the game keeps the sound of your voice and whenever you say something your avatar sounds like you.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Unfair Angel on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
I have a solution! Turn off your dialogue...
Then we can't hear the rest of the amazing voice acting from the rest of the crew. There's one solution visible to me, and that's a "Turn Off Yourself" button.

Ensign
May 28, 2009
I really cant stand these voices. I don't mind voices added to our characters... but seriously? Since when to girl's sound so high pitched and unrealistic? I believe the tone needs to be deeper and/or make an option to disable the voice entirely. Like many other players I like to imagine my own 'voice' and this add-on ruins the experience and is rather embarrassing or mocking, in a way.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
The only problem I have is that my manly Witchdoctor sounds rather feminine when casting comets to rain down on his enemy.