Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Timeline Mistake?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2013
Okay, so during our quests in Skull Island we come across Aztecasaurs who fled to Blood Shoals to escape Morganthe. So, I assume that we start around the time Wizards are in Avalon/Azteca as wizards are one step behind Morganthe. However, in Mooshu a Puppet Show is played explaining that the Emperor has been cursed by Malistaire and is asleep. How is this possible? Wizards, at this point, should've cured him already and defeated Malistaire once. Please enlighten me on this, as I love the lore and want to understand it.

Quinn Ironside 42

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Shadow of the Past on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so during our quests in Skull Island we come across Aztecasaurs who fled to Blood Shoals to escape Morganthe. So, I assume that we start around the time Wizards are in Avalon/Azteca as wizards are one step behind Morganthe. However, in Mooshu a Puppet Show is played explaining that the Emperor has been cursed by Malistaire and is asleep. How is this possible? Wizards, at this point, should've cured him already and defeated Malistaire once. Please enlighten me on this, as I love the lore and want to understand it.

Quinn Ironside 42
Welcome to the message boards Quinn.
Just because the wise ones of Azteca have figured out what Morganth is up to, doesn't mean that the comet has landed yet. The process of Morganth wheedling her way into the depths of Azteca could have taken a VERY long time. Spiral time spans are a bit fluid.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Shadow of the Past on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:

Quinn Ironside 42
The Aztecosaurs wished to escape Xibalba,which they have been trying to do for ten years.In Khrysalis,in the Solar Arch,we learn that Morganthe learned of the Lords of Night long before she became Queen of the Shadow Web.We also learned from King Artorius(the dev) that Morganthe was never good at Necromancy.And thus didn't know how to bind the souls of the lords of night.She probably went to Azteca before the Malistaire arc started,and only got the means to bind them AFTER the wizards kill Malistaire and she gets the opportunity to pull him from his grave,and get him to bind the souls for her.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
The Aztecosaurs wished to escape Xibalba,which they have been trying to do for ten years.In Khrysalis,in the Solar Arch,we learn that Morganthe learned of the Lords of Night long before she became Queen of the Shadow Web.We also learned from King Artorius(the dev) that Morganthe was never good at Necromancy.And thus didn't know how to bind the souls of the lords of night.She probably went to Azteca before the Malistaire arc started,and only got the means to bind them AFTER the wizards kill Malistaire and she gets the opportunity to pull him from his grave,and get him to bind the souls for her.
Ooh okay, because I mentioned this in another thread, but I didn't give it too much thought and just let it go. That makes sense though and makes it less confusing as of what time we're in compared to W101.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
435Snow Owl on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Ooh okay, because I mentioned this in another thread, but I didn't give it too much thought and just let it go. That makes sense though and makes it less confusing as of what time we're in compared to W101.
Hey!Sorry it took me this long to respond!Anyways,you're welcome!

I at least hope I cleared something up.Shadows of the Past?Did I?

Ensign
Jan 07, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Hey!Sorry it took me this long to respond!Anyways,you're welcome!

I at least hope I cleared something up.Shadows of the Past?Did I?
Sorry for not replying sooner, and yes, you did. I wonder though, how Morganthe made herself known as the Shadow Queen during her first trip to Azteca. The Aztecasaurs in Skull Island referred to her as the Shadow Queen, so she must've already had control over Shadow Magic/Henchman from Khrysalis. She was probably still somewhat young I'm assuming, but who knows. Wizards seem to age extremely slow. Anyways, thnx!

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
But one thing that I've been wondering is if our events happen faster or slower than wizard's. For example, the emperor of Mooshu is still cursed when we are in Mooshu ( and I believe is our whole time there do to it being relevant to the moo Manchu side quest), but one world later, we team up with Gracie Conrad in MB. Due to the emperor being cursed the whole way through, the pirate Mooshu arc had to have started before or right when the wiz Mooshu arc started, and ended before, or right when the wizard Mooshu arc ended. The problem this brings is that it took us a hop and a skip to reach MB and recruit Gracie Conrad, (who was in wizard's celestia) but it took the wizard story Drangonspyre and at least half of Celestia for them to finish the side quest and Gracie to return to MB. The only other possible solution is that later on in the story, Gracie will go "excuse me, gotta pop into celestia for some reason", which I find unlikely due to blind mew and rat beard saying that we will never have a companion yanked from us. This means that the only believable solution is that Wizard's story moves at a faster rate than pirates. Or that's at least how I see it. Any other opinions?
F.R. holystone
Lv 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Elemutation on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
But one thing that I've been wondering is if our events happen faster or slower than wizard's. For example, the emperor of Mooshu is still cursed when we are in Mooshu ( and I believe is our whole time there do to it being relevant to the moo Manchu side quest), but one world later, we team up with Gracie Conrad in MB. Due to the emperor being cursed the whole way through, the pirate Mooshu arc had to have started before or right when the wiz Mooshu arc started, and ended before, or right when the wizard Mooshu arc ended. The problem this brings is that it took us a hop and a skip to reach MB and recruit Gracie Conrad, (who was in wizard's celestia) but it took the wizard story Drangonspyre and at least half of Celestia for them to finish the side quest and Gracie to return to MB. The only other possible solution is that later on in the story, Gracie will go "excuse me, gotta pop into celestia for some reason", which I find unlikely due to blind mew and rat beard saying that we will never have a companion yanked from us. This means that the only believable solution is that Wizard's story moves at a faster rate than pirates. Or that's at least how I see it. Any other opinions?
F.R. holystone
Lv 65
I think the time fluxes and ebbs and flows as much as the writers need it to.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Elemunation,there's too much ambiguity in time.I can say only this:they happen at a close time to each other.If pirates go to Candyland(that'd be awesome!) they're not gonna find sweet 5 year old Lydia Greyrose,justcto name an example(pun intended).

Shadows of the Past,the Elder Magi of The Hive recognized Morganthe,as a chosen One in the prophecy,if she survived their testing.She did survive,and they took her to the Solar Arch,where she learned of the Lords of Night,and after finishing other buisness,she went to Azreca.By then,she was already queen of tge Hive.And she was already more than Adept in the Arts of Shadowmancy.

b
By

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Elemutation on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
F.R. holystone
Lv 65
Ignore the fact that Gracie ( Wiz101 ) and Gracie ( P101 ) is the same character. According to Blind Mew, it's not important to the P101 story. I find that the MB mention of "The Krokonomicon fall out" to explain why we don't get to ask Sherlock Bones about translating the message in the clockwork birds; jells very well with the mention of the Emperor of MooShu being in an enchanted sleep. I see our action working along side of the W101 timeline. It's because we find out the information when we do that seems to be causing confusion.