Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

If you could have one pet that doesn't exsist yet

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
just curious sir Duelmaster,

as of today (October 22 2014)

how many pets (rough guesses are good as well) have you created that were originally ideas given by other players?

in other words, of all the pets currently in the game, how many of there were "player" inspired?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
How about a purple people eater?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Logan Sharp on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
just curious sir Duelmaster,

as of today (October 22 2014)

how many pets (rough guesses are good as well) have you created that were originally ideas given by other players?

in other words, of all the pets currently in the game, how many of there were "player" inspired?
Out of all of them, a wing full.

Each update I have tried to find fun and interesting suggestions here on the forums to put into game. But the number varies based on the complexity of the pet, or how hard it is to tame.

There are still a few hybrids out there that were suggested by players at one point or another that are in and have not been found, and still others that I am working on for the future.

Then there are the ideas that Hep and I get, and we just laugh and laugh, and I run away since his jaws are sharp and he laughs with an open mouth. You have to be ware those Krokotopians.

There are about 300 pets out there now, and each update I try to add more. Keep up the good ideas and I will do what I can to keep up.

Ensign
Dec 18, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:

Each update I have tried to find fun and interesting suggestions here on the forums to put into game. But the number varies based on the complexity of the pet, or how hard it is to tame.

There are still a few hybrids out there that were suggested by players at one point or another that are in and have not been found, and still others that I am working on for the future.

Then there are the ideas that Hep and I get, and we just laugh and laugh, and I run away since his jaws are sharp and he laughs with an open mouth. You have to be ware those Krokotopians.

There are about 300 pets out there now, and each update I try to add more. Keep up the good ideas and I will do what I can to keep up.
300 pets? Does that number include Legacy Pets, First Generation Pets, and Hybrids? Or are Legacy Pets and First Generation considered the same pet in that number (e.g. Legacy Li'l Labor Golem and a new Li'l Labor Golem are considered 1 pet)?

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013

Mr. Decius, I was thinking. If there were a pet I would love to own the MOST, it would be a whale. I mean, like a little tiny miniature cute little whale. It would be a TREMENDOUS gift if you were to add these pets into the game. In fact, I even know some good hybrids for it. You can breed one of the sharks with the whale pet and get a Whale Shark pet, you can breed the whale and the unibunny (when its released of course) and it could make a narwhal pet, or other goofy hybrids. I BEG of you, please add whales into the game ... You have no idea how happy I will be if you do... Thanks again!

Psst, adding a dolphin pet will be really cool too!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Zane D on Oct 23, 2014 wrote:
300 pets? Does that number include Legacy Pets, First Generation Pets, and Hybrids? Or are Legacy Pets and First Generation considered the same pet in that number (e.g. Legacy Li'l Labor Golem and a new Li'l Labor Golem are considered 1 pet)?
Legacy/Loyal pets, First generation pets and hybrids all included.

I have a big set of stables underneath the arena... I think soon I will have to hire some ranch hands from Cool Ranch just to keep everything buttoned up at night.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Legacy/Loyal pets, First generation pets and hybrids all included.

I have a big set of stables underneath the arena... I think soon I will have to hire some ranch hands from Cool Ranch just to keep everything buttoned up at night.
*Starts practicing "Accio Decius' hidden hybrids"*

Ensign
Dec 08, 2013
I would like a pet mixed of owl and bat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
harry potter fan on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
I would like a pet mixed of owl and bat.
Welcome to the message boards Harry Potter Fan
Just as long as you don't call it a Baowl

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, I especially love the idea of Esperanza's mermaid/ sirena pet (I think mine on Wizard101 is one of the sweetest pets ever! And I always have liked mermaids... which is why I immediately chose that icon for Anne's flag symbol) and Valkoor's chambered nautilus. Besides being elegantly beautiful, the chambered nautilus is sure to inspire lovers of mathematics.

And thinking of denizens of the deep sky who might be coaxed into becoming a pet, how about 'sky slugs'? Okay, 'slug' can be kind of off-putting -- sky nudibranchs, perhaps? Well, slug or no slug, they are lovely creatures. They move so very gracefully, and many (of the sea slug variety known in our world) are exceptionally colorful.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Misty and I were having this conversation about how much 'luck' seems to affect getting a hybrid. When we both came up with a concept for a "Luck Dragon"! It would be green ( of course ) with four leaf clovers as wings!

Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
I would love a dolphin

Alex
''The Nefarious buccaneer was nice enough to drop the dragon-axe of doom )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 24, 2014 wrote:
*Starts practicing "Accio Decius' hidden hybrids"*
If you manage to pull that off, you'll surely be trampled in a stampede of furry, scaled, clawed, or hoofed creatures!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
Misty and I were having this conversation about how much 'luck' seems to affect getting a hybrid. When we both came up with a concept for a "Luck Dragon"! It would be green ( of course ) with four leaf clovers as wings!
Well then I DO hope they add "Falkor" to the list of names

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Well then I DO hope they add "Falkor" to the list of names
Actually, the mention of that particular dragon is how the idea came about!

As Esperanza said, the Luck Dragon would be a green dragon with four-leaf clovers for wings, and I imagine it having golden spirals on its scales. The eyes would be gold as well. If it were done as an Eastern Dragon (like all of P101's dragons) the mane and belly would be darker green than the scales on its back and sides. For its attacks, it could breathe rainbow-colored fire to go along with the idea that it could be a St. Patrick's Day pet. A very fun critter to draw, for sure! (I'll not go into a long explanation about drawing a dragon, which is about the only thing I'm good at drawing these days. )

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
WAIT a minute!How come I haven't thought of this before!Why was this in the back of my mind!?!?!?!?!

I want a pet OCELOT!!!!!!!!!

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Purebred:

Whale

Hybrid(s):

Jonah Town Whale (Whale x Any Pet)
White Whale (Whale x Ice Scarab)
Killer Whale (Whale x Silver Buffaloon)

How to Earn:

Drop from Gullet sigil battles

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I would love to have a little manatee

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
With help from Valkoor, I recently discovered that at least a third of the hybrids known are capable of morphing like first-generation pets. Well I just thought of something mind-blowing: What if we could morph a hybrid out of these "first-generation" hybrids? Here's my idea for a "second-generation" hybrid.
Clocktopus x Blue Ostrich = Clockwork Rooster (or if you really wanna get creative, a Clocka-doodle-doo)
Though now that I think of it, this could actually be morphed from a Clockwork Spider, Lil' Labor Golem, Fandango, or the original Ostrich. But you have to admit, the thought of morphing a hybrid from one of these "first-generation" hybrids is intriguing, and could hold a lot of potential.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Serpent10611 on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
With help from Valkoor, I recently discovered that at least a third of the hybrids known are capable of morphing like first-generation pets. Well I just thought of something mind-blowing: What if we could morph a hybrid out of these "first-generation" hybrids? Here's my idea for a "second-generation" hybrid.
Clocktopus x Blue Ostrich = Clockwork Rooster (or if you really wanna get creative, a Clocka-doodle-doo)
Though now that I think of it, this could actually be morphed from a Clockwork Spider, Lil' Labor Golem, Fandango, or the original Ostrich. But you have to admit, the thought of morphing a hybrid from one of these "first-generation" hybrids is intriguing, and could hold a lot of potential.
LOL "Clocka-doodle-doo" Just LOVE that. What a fabulous idea

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I would like to have a monkey pet who threw banana's at his opponents.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
A Hamburger Monster Pet!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Serpent10611 on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
My oh my, I was laughing pretty hard when I read that one Serpent....Clocka-doodle-doo, now that is just too funny.

And I am with you, as I do also think that hybrids from hybrids could hopefully be in store for us in the future. There could definitely by some super creative possibilities to come out of something like that. I bet KI and Decius have some amazing surprises in store for us.

Clocka-doodle-doo

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
My oh my, I was laughing pretty hard when I read that one Serpent....Clocka-doodle-doo, now that is just too funny.

And I am with you, as I do also think that hybrids from hybrids could hopefully be in store for us in the future. There could definitely by some super creative possibilities to come out of something like that. I bet KI and Decius have some amazing surprises in store for us.

Clocka-doodle-doo
I knew that pun would be funny, I just didn't know people got that much of a kick out of it. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I was cracking up just by reading your's and Chrissy's reaction to it
Now for those "second-generation" hybrids, they'll probably be even more rare than the average hybrid, but that's probably just motivation to morphaholics like you. Since the talents and powers will be completely varied, the looks may be the only thing that'll keep us morphing (that and the rarity of course). I couldn't imagine what monster we could create if we could morph a Bullrog with a Grimtooth Reaper
Oh, and a Clocka-doodle-doo to you too

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
I knew that pun would be funny, I just didn't know people got that much of a kick out of it. Not that there's anything wrong with that; I was cracking up just by reading your's and Chrissy's reaction to it
Now for those "second-generation" hybrids, they'll probably be even more rare than the average hybrid, but that's probably just motivation to morphaholics like you. Since the talents and powers will be completely varied, the looks may be the only thing that'll keep us morphing (that and the rarity of course). I couldn't imagine what monster we could create if we could morph a Bullrog with a Grimtooth Reaper
Oh, and a Clocka-doodle-doo to you too
A Grimbulgreaper, of course