Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 and Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 16, 2010
It is taking quite sometime for a new world to come out in Pirate101, they basically, update it every year. Meanwhile on Wizard101 they spit out updates every weekend. It's been almost two years since a new world in Pirate101, and I'm getting about fed up since Wizard101 brings out a new world every like, what? 5 months? It's soo annoying. Losing my patience, almost want to quit Pirate101 .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ThisIsChristina on Jun 29, 2014 wrote:
It is taking quite sometime for a new world to come out in Pirate101, they basically, update it every year. Meanwhile on Wizard101 they spit out updates every weekend. It's been almost two years since a new world in Pirate101, and I'm getting about fed up since Wizard101 brings out a new world every like, what? 5 months? It's soo annoying. Losing my patience, almost want to quit Pirate101 .
You've got to understand that W101 has been in place for, what 4 or 5 years? Their team is way ahead. We've just had a massive and really great update that makes W101 look like chump change. Be patient, I've a feeling some new, massive content is headed our way, and you wouldn't want to miss that!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hi Christina, welcome to the message boards.
I know you are impatient and that makes it hard. I am afraid that your eagerness is skewing your sense of time slightly. It has been only one year and one month since our game had a storyline update. This is not an unreasonable amount of time. In this post, One-Eyed Jack verified that in Wizard101's update from Dragonspyre to Celestia took 21 months. Now 13 months is a far cry from breaking that record. The developers are working as fast as they can and the time they take is only to make this game continue to be as awesome as it already is. There is still lots to do with farming and pet morphing and the quest for gold to do that. Helping other players is also a great way to make new friends. The updates will come, never fear.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Yes, the wait for Book 15 is long and agitating for some, but you have to understand a few things:
-Pirate101 is (as crazy as it sounds) still young and sorting things out. It's in no way has been forgotten and is far from life-support but they're still trying to find a good pace for things.
-Pirate101 generally does big updates with big bangs. They still try to take care and make sure everything is sound, which can push time, but the outcome is generally good.
-Wizard101 is 5-years old and has finalized its pace. They generally do a 6-9 month spacing between content updates. However, they have far smaller updates and areas with smaller spaces. As of recently, they've only released 1 new world (split in 2).
-Pirate101 and Wizard101 have there own teams to work on the game.

Point is, Pirate101 likes to go big and cover a ton of stuff in a single update, but at the same time care enough about their customers to make them wait and have few worries with the big stuff comes. When Book 15 is released, I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. If it's any consolation, Pirate101 will be getting a summer update very soon, so be on the look. They've planned something for their higher level players to enjoy until Book 15 comes out.

Until then, your patience is always appreciated and will be well rewarded.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Due note that the moderators have said before that 2 teams work on the games. (They aren't playing favorites) We just get less content because Wizard101 has been out more and is likely getting more cashflow.
Also the producer's letter was hinting at something (along with the monthly newsletter) coming soon.
Be patient young pirate

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Hey Christina, and welcome to the message boards!

Don't worry, you're definitely not alone in the wait for new worlds/ story line continuation in Pirate101! We've all waited just as long as you did! It's not easy, but try to consider how much work and dedication the Pirate101 crew puts in to make such an awesome and detailed game like this. They have to voice a ton of companions, a ton of side quests NPCs, a ton of story line NPCs, draw out entire skyways and landmasses, plan new and unique boss fights compared to Wizard101 and their sort of "Defeat all Enemies" agenda, increase the level cap, make new powers and talents for each class as well as possibly draw out new visuals for each new power, possibly add new pets, new companions that need drawing, think of juicy jokes and puns to throw into the story line and side quests , and please don't try to read this entire sentence with one breath... Wait... I probably should have said that at the beginning...

It does get tiring waiting, but just remember, the Pirate101 crew works very hard to ensure us the maximum satisfaction they can give for our experience!

Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
Remember that there are alot more staff on W101 then P101. Also W101 has been around since 2008 while P101 came out late 2012. People need work, money, and most of all time to get things done. The people working on the game are trying hard to appease us, as the players, so that we don't get bored and stop playing. Companies need money to function, so we should be patient and wait so they can get everything together.

Ensign
Jul 16, 2010
I guess you're right guys, I've been looking at it the wrong way. Thanks

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Well, when you are really enjoying the game, the wait for new material can be frustrating. Wizard receives more updates, more new pets, card packs, mounts, etc. etc. than Pirate, and receives something new far, far more frequently. But I think previous posters have done a good job of explaining reasons for this pattern (far more players for Wizard = higher return, Wizard is more established, etc.); I would only add that so far when there has been an upgrade for Pirate it has been a bigger upgrade than Wizard sees.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
We get better stuff less frequently, they get worse stuff more often. Does that clear it up?

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
We get better stuff less frequently, they get worse stuff more often. Does that clear it up?
No. Wizard gets stuff more often because they are older than us pirates. Wizard is a quality game...