Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

companion equipment problem

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I just used the advanced companions update to get some new gear. I am a swashbuckler but all the stuff I'm getting is for other classes only. Help?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on May 14, 2014 wrote:
I just used the advanced companions update to get some new gear. I am a swashbuckler but all the stuff I'm getting is for other classes only. Help?
It's pretty random. I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense as it says they are getting equipment for your Captain and bring back the wrong class, but then again it doesn't actually say equipment for your Captain "to wear" so your Captain selling it when it doesn't match still qualifies as usable. You can actually use the extra gold after all.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 15, 2014 wrote:
It's pretty random. I agree it doesn't make a lot of sense as it says they are getting equipment for your Captain and bring back the wrong class, but then again it doesn't actually say equipment for your Captain "to wear" so your Captain selling it when it doesn't match still qualifies as usable. You can actually use the extra gold after all.
I know it's random, but this is happening to my musketeer as well.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I am running 5 different Pirates with different classes to be able to use the equipment that doesn't work on one particular class of Pirate. That way I can use any equipment that I find for another class of Pirate and, as Chrissy mentioned, if I don't need the equipment, I can always sell it for Gold.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I agree with Chrissy and The Helpful Pirate. If you haven't already, it is a great idea to at least start all of the other classes even if you won't or can't play them. When your pirate is receiving drops not for his/her class and the crew is bringing in all of the Scavenged gear likewise not for your pirate's class, just let your pack fill up and place everything not for that current class pirate in the shared bank. Then use those other class pirates you created and sort them into their packs or banks.

I have 5 other low level (LVL 3-6) pirates from every class and I take in everything that my maxed pirate and crew can bring in. So far I have seen that anything that your companions are Scavengin' isn't as good as other gear at that same level, so it pretty much all gets sorted out by class and sold by my 'younger' pirates. Even at their very low levels, they all will be soon closing in on maxed gold which will give them quite a head start when I decide to 'let them grow'. I know that they won't be wearing the gear left to them, but that extra gold will surely help them acquire some very useful gear as they get further into their own adventures.......such as ships and ship gear and of course gear for themselves.

Sure, the gear the companions have been bringing back might not be useful at all to your pirate but tharrr be gold in that tharrr gear.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It is random, which means (by the weird laws of randomness in games) you will receive something specific for your class approximately 8.5% of the time, rather than the 20% that should theoretically be the case. The same thing, of course, happens if you throw crowns into a second-chance chest.

-Indigo