Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New addition, buccaneer...

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
I was very pleased with KI's additions to this game. I appreciate all of the effort and only have one complaint. The buccaneers new companion After all the big and strong companions acquired along the way, the buccaneer gets a fish slinging pelican? Granted, he's strong, but has the look of a low level companion. Not at all what buccaneers imagined, nor what the class deserved, in my opinion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TravisJones74 on May 14, 2014 wrote:
I was very pleased with KI's additions to this game. I appreciate all of the effort and only have one complaint. The buccaneers new companion After all the big and strong companions acquired along the way, the buccaneer gets a fish slinging pelican? Granted, he's strong, but has the look of a low level companion. Not at all what buccaneers imagined, nor what the class deserved, in my opinion.
My Buccaneer ( lvl 39 ) is very pleased with Peter Quint, he's just right in looks, too. He's traveled a bit as a bounty hunter, so he should look a bit battered. Mine doesn't sling fish ( Catbeard does that ) Peter has a boarding axe and is very handy with it. Wasn't Captain Quint the owner of the boat in Jaws?

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
TravisJones74 on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you down tone everything then:
Witchdoctors got a shark.
Musketeers got a bird.
Swashbucklers got a frog.
Privateers got a monkey.
And buccaneers got a pelican. All of the companions don't reflect the class, they're kind of random, like the privateer companion has a gun that it doesn't use, the witchdoctor companion is a giant, intimidating shark that is the complete opposite of the witchdoctor class, so i wouldn't argue about his looks.
And besides, when does the look of your companion really matter? It's not as if deacon was say "Your companions are cool, so i will let you have the santo oro" or something like that.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Cass Spencer, 50

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I did played some of the class companion, but don't let theire looks fool you. Sure Peter Quin looks small, but when I played this companion he is really strong and with blade storm and relentless abilities this small,but mighty pelican can be force to be reckon with.

Like they said " don't judge a book by it's cover. " It means he maybe small,but he could take an army to the plank.I also played with the other companions but the privateer's. I really like how they done to the shark companion, reminds me of a big wizard from adventure time t.v series. Well, I hope you all enjoyed your new recruits to take them to the next world of the spiral or a surprise game changer on your current quest(s). Until then happy sailing.

Petty Officer
Jan 30, 2013
It could just be me, but the looks of the companions make the game for me. I was MORE THAN satisfied with the Eagle Hoplite. He is my first mate and the most fierce of all companions combined... in my opinion, of course. To pick up this pelican after all the questing and finishing the game just wasn't at all impressive.
With that said, I will say that I am glad they allowed the ninja cat a few new epics. She certainly deserved more power so maybe that will suffice.

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
I am with you. After all our questing and hard work, we get these companions