Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Congrats Anne Radcliffe a KI Guest Blogger now

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Hearty congratulations go out to our Anne Radcliffe for being a guest blogger on the KingsIsle blog site. Please go an read her wonderful article and see how wonderful she shows our beloved game to be. Wonderful job Anne and I am so proud of you for being invited to contribute.
P.S. Brilliant screenshots too. Masterfully caught action. Tee, hee you got bitten by the shutterbug too.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 27, 2014 wrote:
Hearty congratulations go out to our Anne Radcliffe for being a guest blogger on the KingsIsle blog site. Please go an read her wonderful article and see how wonderful she shows our beloved game to be. Wonderful job Anne and I am so proud of you for being invited to contribute.
P.S. Brilliant screenshots too. Masterfully caught action. Tee, hee you got bitten by the shutterbug too.
Truer words have never been spoken by a thief, pick pocket, pirate or any other term you want to say... I'm terrible at the pirate theme. Hehe, good job, Anne!
Jacob

Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I agree, and I think everyone else does too , that Anne did an amazing job. It is so cool to see people so enthusiastic about something they enjoy.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Yes, this is just another wonderful example of the positive influences gaming can have on people and society as a whole. And this is also a prime example of how something unexpected like a video game can help 'unearth a gem', such as Anne, to further put her once partially hidden talents and brilliance further on display. We are so fortunate enough to be part of it, to watch it bloom and to see her talents take center stage- where they most certainly deserve to be.

Thanks, Anne.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I really enjoyed your article and screenshots.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
I read the article, and without a doubt I can say it was fantastic.Like everyone else, congrats to Anne Radcliffe.

Noble Ryan Thompson

Captain
May 16, 2011
Yes, congrats Anne! Truly interesting post.

Also, welcome back Jacob.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Congrats and well done. That would be a speech long remembered. I'll have to see your fan fiction but I'm sure it's great again well done and congratulations

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Congrats Anne to ye on ye hard work we be all proud of ye keep it up.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thank you all very much, and thank you Jack, for being so encouraging and kind. *bows low and very politely, the formal dancing bow* Yes, with the hat flourish of course!

To quote Miranda in The Tempest: "O brave new world, that hath such creatures in it!" (or something like that, I'm recalling from memory here) Miranda, saying this, sees her previously good but limited world open up to previously unimagined possibilities. I'm not entirely like Miranda, for my world has been anything but limited, but this all has been a glorious new adventure, supported by the kindness and enthusiasm of KI staff and game players, who together have knit a warm and vibrant community. I hope I too can follow this good example, and be always kind and encouraging in return.

It has been delightful for me also to be able to weave in other enthusiasms from my cluttered brain into Pirate101 stories - history (including my favorite, domestic history), folklore,early music, period clothes (and hats! Somehow I have become awfully fond of fancy 17th-18th C. hats), and even science! (from an 18th/19th C. perspective, of course) The story and setting of Pirate101 is so perfect to work with in so many ways!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
How could I have missed this!? Congrats Anne! It was an awesome post! Keep up the great work!

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Anne Radcliffe on Mar 29, 2014 wrote:
Thank you all very much, and thank you Jack, for being so encouraging and kind. *bows low and very politely, the formal dancing bow* Yes, with the hat flourish of course!

To quote Miranda in The Tempest: "O brave new world, that hath such creatures in it!" (or something like that, I'm recalling from memory here) Miranda, saying this, sees her previously good but limited world open up to previously unimagined possibilities. I'm not entirely like Miranda, for my world has been anything but limited, but this all has been a glorious new adventure, supported by the kindness and enthusiasm of KI staff and game players, who together have knit a warm and vibrant community. I hope I too can follow this good example, and be always kind and encouraging in return.

It has been delightful for me also to be able to weave in other enthusiasms from my cluttered brain into Pirate101 stories - history (including my favorite, domestic history), folklore,early music, period clothes (and hats! Somehow I have become awfully fond of fancy 17th-18th C. hats), and even science! (from an 18th/19th C. perspective, of course) The story and setting of Pirate101 is so perfect to work with in so many ways!

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Well I read it and it was indeed great. I'm not that in to fan fiction or RP but I have to say you got me hooked, thx for opening a new world into my already tiny social life.

-Jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
"All right guys, if we keep quiet, we can just drop the flowers by her door and run away."
"What's the matter Cap'n? 'Fraid people will think yer sweet on her?"
"We're just friends!"
"Shure ya are."
"If she is not home, can I eat the flowers?"
"What!?"
"I'm hungry."
"You're always hungry!"
"So?"
"Let's just assume she's home, and we'll stop for a snack at the tavern on the way back to the ship."
"What if we get lost?"
"You, my boy, will never get lost following that fourteen carat stomach of yours."
"Nice part of town we're passing through."
"Gentle breezes, soft moonlight, the beach..."
"The unforgettable smell of low tide."
"Have I told you I'm the son of a god?"
"Knock it off."
"Didja bring candy? Ain'tcha supposed to bring candy?"
"You ate it, remember?"
"That was all the candy ya got? Cheapskate."
"Do I smell sausages cooking?"
"Did I ever tell you about the time..."
"YES!!"
"OK, fine, we're here, how do I look?"
"I thought we were just dropping the flowers and runnin'."
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
"I'll just knock on the door for ye."
"Wait, no! What?"
From within "Just a minute."
"Oh great, now she'll open it. Guys? Guys, where did you go?"
Creaking noises
"Sam, what a surprise."
"Oh, hi Anne."
"Are those flowers? How sweet."
"Um, they're for you."
"Aww..."
"Um, I gotta go."
"Thank you for the flowers."
"The crew's waitin' for me."
"I understand."
"Oh, by the way, nice blog thingy."
"Thank you."
"Bye."
"Bye. See you." Door closes
"So how did it go, Romeo?"
"You guys are hilarious."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sam Underhill on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
"All right guys, if we keep quiet, we can just drop the flowers by her door and run away."
"What's the matter Cap'n? 'Fraid people will think yer sweet on her?"
"We're just friends!"
"Shure ya are."
"If she is not home, can I eat the flowers?"
"What!?"
"I'm hungry."
"You're always hungry!"
"So?"
"Let's just assume she's home, and we'll stop for a snack at the tavern on the way back to the ship."
"What if we get lost?"
"You, my boy, will never get lost following that fourteen carat stomach of yours."
"Nice part of town we're passing through."
"Gentle breezes, soft moonlight, the beach..."
"The unforgettable smell of low tide."
"Have I told you I'm the son of a god?"
"Knock it off."
"Didja bring candy? Ain'tcha supposed to bring candy?"
"You ate it, remember?"
"That was all the candy ya got? Cheapskate."
"Do I smell sausages cooking?"
"Did I ever tell you about the time..."
"YES!!"
"OK, fine, we're here, how do I look?"
"I thought we were just dropping the flowers and runnin'."
"Oh yeah, I forgot."
"I'll just knock on the door for ye."
"Wait, no! What?"
From within "Just a minute."
"Oh great, now she'll open it. Guys? Guys, where did you go?"
Creaking noises
"Sam, what a surprise."
"Oh, hi Anne."
"Are those flowers? How sweet."
"Um, they're for you."
"Aww..."
"Um, I gotta go."
"Thank you for the flowers."
"The crew's waitin' for me."
"I understand."
"Oh, by the way, nice blog thingy."
"Thank you."
"Bye."
"Bye. See you." Door closes
"So how did it go, Romeo?"
"You guys are hilarious."
Lol aww Sam you will always be the master storyteller with you and your crew's madcap adventures. Poor Sam, ya gotta try harder than that. What a sweet thing to do for our lovely Anne. I just know she is blushing behind that closed door wishing you had stayed.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
I would like to say congratulations on a wonderful post!

Romba: That's It?

Griffin: Why what else wold I say?

Romba: I dunno complement her work a bit more act like a true literary critic

Griffin: What the... Why are you ... uhhh....

Romba: Your work was perfectly worded and I for one would love to see more in the future!

Griffin Uhhh....... Good job.....

Romba: x mutters x Amateurs

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Griffen Deverux on Apr 1, 2014 wrote:
I would like to say congratulations on a wonderful post!

Romba: That's It?

Griffin: Why what else wold I say?

Romba: I dunno complement her work a bit more act like a true literary critic

Griffin: What the... Why are you ... uhhh....

Romba: Your work was perfectly worded and I for one would love to see more in the future!

Griffin Uhhh....... Good job.....

Romba: x mutters x Amateurs
Oh my goodness what a delightful surprise. Very well done and a very fitting tribute for our beloved Anne.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh Sam, that was so funny! And sooo cute!! Thank you very much!

And Griffin, that was so great, both from you and Romba! I loved it! x impulsively throws arms around Romba and kisses him on the cheek x