Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Toro/monkey king missing out?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Hello everyone, i'm here to say WHAT GIVES with El Toro and the monkey king?

every melee STORYLINE companion gets a crit strike power BUT those 2
1st companion
2nd companion (except musket/WD class)
3rd companion
ratbeard

Then you get el toro and monkey king, who doesn't have crit strike powers :(...why?

to make it worse...the game goes back to its original self

Gracie Conrad
Catbeard
Hawkules

what gives?

why you dissing the great ELLLL TORO! (el toro theme music)...and monkey king?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
El Toro for me is powerful just the way he is. On the other hand, monkey king should get one. Anyways, I am not a fan of guaranteed critical strikes- weaker than the normal critical strikes. Riposte, favorite epic -is definitely a better epic than that power card. I would take a guaranteed riposte card over a critical one actually. I think I am going off topic. But as long as you train El Toro or monkey correctly - give them riposte2, what I did - they wont need it.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
RyeKishatu2013 on Mar 13, 2014 wrote:
El Toro for me is powerful just the way he is. On the other hand, monkey king should get one. Anyways, I am not a fan of guaranteed critical strikes- weaker than the normal critical strikes. Riposte, favorite epic -is definitely a better epic than that power card. I would take a guaranteed riposte card over a critical one actually. I think I am going off topic. But as long as you train El Toro or monkey correctly - give them riposte2, what I did - they wont need it.
I totally agree with u on most of it. Riposte is the best way to go. I'm just confused why they didnt give crit strike to these people when they have been doing it for every other melee person. :(