Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A prediction gone correct? Witchdoctor Bundle?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Over on Pirate101 central we have recently seen a new 29$ Bundle.
There was discussion on what the next bundle should be, with witchdoctor coming up frequently
Apparently a central member found a witchdoctor themed bundle at walmart and it comes with

A Ghostly Galleon
Conqueroo's outfit
Mojo Monkey Companion
Witchdoctor's Lab add on
Baron Samedi's Battle Standard
and 1 month or 5000 crowns

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50245&d=1391879094 this picture (thanks to the user who found it and scanned a pic for central) of the card is proof of its existance (there is also in-game screenshots to prove it is a legit bundle)

Although I don't see it on the website yet (and going to check my local walmart later) but I want to know if this card is going to be released soon? (like this month or so if it isn't released yet)

also if anyone knows the Battle Standard's effects I would appreciate it.

P.S. In anticipation of this bundle I suggest training your witchdoctor character(s) if your going to get it like me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Feb 8, 2014 wrote:
Over on Pirate101 central we have recently seen a new 29$ Bundle.
There was discussion on what the next bundle should be, with witchdoctor coming up frequently
Apparently a central member found a witchdoctor themed bundle at walmart and it comes with

A Ghostly Galleon
Conqueroo's outfit
Mojo Monkey Companion
Witchdoctor's Lab add on
Baron Samedi's Battle Standard
and 1 month or 5000 crowns

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50245&d=1391879094 this picture (thanks to the user who found it and scanned a pic for central) of the card is proof of its existance (there is also in-game screenshots to prove it is a legit bundle)

Although I don't see it on the website yet (and going to check my local walmart later) but I want to know if this card is going to be released soon? (like this month or so if it isn't released yet)

also if anyone knows the Battle Standard's effects I would appreciate it.

P.S. In anticipation of this bundle I suggest training your witchdoctor character(s) if your going to get it like me.
I only have experience with one battle standard from the Empire Bundle. This one boosts any bird companion. Even pet birds are boosted if they are close enough. When the standard is put up any (in this case bird) close to it will have a circle under them to show they are being boosted. I believe this one boosted accuracy and if you put the standard up in enemy territory then you got two boosts. I am going off of memory here so I may be wrong on the actual boost. The info on the updates pages mentions protecting them and having them captured but I do not know how that works. I was not able to boost it or I never saw any baddies do anything to it, they basically ignored it so I am not sure how that works at all or if even that part of them is functioning yet. I do know that there will be several types of standards and each will boost different things. So I am guessing that this new witchdoctor one will probably boost either will or accuracy as that is what powers witchdoctors and what their weakness is, but it is just guessing on my part. I am an hour away from any Walmart and have no car so it may be a while before I can go and check it out. Plus my area Walmart is notorious for always being out of KingsIsle cards so who knows. I just pray that Walmart makes it avail online so us shut in's can get it easily.
Thanks for the juicey intel. What a scoop.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The Battle Standard is said to buff Undead Companions like:
Old Scratch
Bones McGee
Bosun Budd
Martin Valvida
Morescco de Valvida (maybe)
Dead Mike
S. M. Arson
Mojo Monkey (Maybe)
Bat Masterson
Jim Masterson
The Lost Ranger
Bison Spirit Chief
Bison Spirit Archer
Helephant Destroyer (maybe)

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
I only have experience with one battle standard from the Empire Bundle. This one boosts any bird companion. Even pet birds are boosted if they are close enough. When the standard is put up any (in this case bird) close to it will have a circle under them to show they are being boosted. I believe this one boosted accuracy and if you put the standard up in enemy territory then you got two boosts. I am going off of memory here so I may be wrong on the actual boost. The info on the updates pages mentions protecting them and having them captured but I do not know how that works. I was not able to boost it or I never saw any baddies do anything to it, they basically ignored it so I am not sure how that works at all or if even that part of them is functioning yet. I do know that there will be several types of standards and each will boost different things. So I am guessing that this new witchdoctor one will probably boost either will or accuracy as that is what powers witchdoctors and what their weakness is, but it is just guessing on my part. I am an hour away from any Walmart and have no car so it may be a while before I can go and check it out. Plus my area Walmart is notorious for always being out of KingsIsle cards so who knows. I just pray that Walmart makes it avail online so us shut in's can get it easily.
I actually read what it did and forgot to update this thread XD

and thanks I was just letting some of you know

P.S. I found 20 at my local walmart and already got one :D (although my computer isn't letting me log into the game right now >.< )

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 9, 2014 wrote:
Hey Chrissy! Since I remembered that you live very close to my hometown and that you're talking about the Walmart there, I took a look. Indeed, you are right. This time, there are KI cards, but both are for W101. We asked the people in the electronics section, and some if not all said that they had never even HEARD of Pirate101! Anyway, our Walmart doesn't have this card.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warriorscreed on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Hey Chrissy! Since I remembered that you live very close to my hometown and that you're talking about the Walmart there, I took a look. Indeed, you are right. This time, there are KI cards, but both are for W101. We asked the people in the electronics section, and some if not all said that they had never even HEARD of Pirate101! Anyway, our Walmart doesn't have this card.
Thank you for verifying this for me. I guess all I can do is hope Walmart will sell it online. They sell a few but not all so I am assuming there are contract details here. Just wish those contracts would get the cards to our area.

Developer
Hmm, nobody's mentioned the bonus effect of Soul Harvest yet. ...cruel chuckle...

Here's some things you need to know about Battle Standards:

1) They affect a certain type of companion or creature;

2) They have a good effect if you drop them down on your own side of the board, but they have a bonus effect if you risk placing them in enemy territory, because:

3) If the enemy destroys your standard, bad things happen.

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
If this is correct then this might be a decent bundle for Witchdoctors especially for undead companions.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
It is pretty cool, but I don't understand why people are saying things like, "We should never give bundles to Walmart because of this," and, "such slow circulation," if the bundle hasn't even came out officially. Why would it be available everywhere?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
It is pretty cool, but I don't understand why people are saying things like, "We should never give bundles to Walmart because of this," and, "such slow circulation," if the bundle hasn't even came out officially. Why would it be available everywhere?
I am merely mentioning the history of the particular Walmart in my area. They are notorious for not having any KingsIsle cards in stock. I suspect it is just this one particular store manager that under orders these fearing this farming community would not have much interest. We just need to convince them that the fan base is out here in the boonies too.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Update: I looked online at 3 different Walmart stores across my state, and none of them have the bundle. Something's wrong here......

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I guess if anyone finds a Walmart with this card in Kansas or any other state, please post it here so others can try to track down this card. I think all of us would appreciate it.

Administrator
If you cannot locate the card you want, you can contact the distribution company directly. KingsIsle does not manage the delivery and distribution of our cards to retail stores, that's done by a company called InComm. If you'd like to contact them and let them know our card wasn't in your retail store as expected, you can use the following link to make them aware: http://www.incomm.com/contact-us/

As a side note, this bundle has been officially announced as of today! You can read more here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/hoodoo_bundle

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
I guess it was easy to make the Mojo Monkey companion. It's simply a take off Jojo Mojo, the psychotic Monkey Witchdoctor that wants to take over the world. (He appears in the WD quests for Bone Chant and Mournsong).

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Ratbeard on Feb 11, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, nobody's mentioned the bonus effect of Soul Harvest yet. ...cruel chuckle...

Here's some things you need to know about Battle Standards:

1) They affect a certain type of companion or creature;

2) They have a good effect if you drop them down on your own side of the board, but they have a bonus effect if you risk placing them in enemy territory, because:

3) If the enemy destroys your standard, bad things happen.
I actually ended up looking at the spoilers on central (victim of curiosity XD)
and I do have some experience on my Musketeer when it comes to Battle Standards since she uses one occasionally with Wing Chun.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
One-Eyed Jack on Feb 12, 2014 wrote:
If you cannot locate the card you want, you can contact the distribution company directly. KingsIsle does not manage the delivery and distribution of our cards to retail stores, that's done by a company called InComm. If you'd like to contact them and let them know our card wasn't in your retail store as expected, you can use the following link to make them aware: http://www.incomm.com/contact-us/

As a side note, this bundle has been officially announced as of today! You can read more here: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/hoodoo_bundle
Thanks one OEJ :P

Also on a side note, I got the card before the official announcement and I have noticed that the card seems a tad thicker then most cards.
Also the scratch (No pun intended towards the love able skeleton) part seemed a bit hard to scratch off?

Anyone else notice this?