Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2009
A few things I think would/should/could.

1) The extended range on base stat spells was an awesome idea, but lets finish that thought. Witchdoctors with their JuJu line of buff and all their summons need some help. Summons don't stand still to make sure they're close to you for the buff. You can't move and buff in the same round. Sounds like you only get a summon in your JuJu buff if your lucky. Let's let the summons receive JuJu at range like an Agility toon gets agility. It does only seem fair.

2) Ship stats. OMG this is like looking at the back of a box of cereal, to find the nutritional content of toast. All ship items affect at least one stat EACH that IS NOT listed on your ships stats. Want this buff from your sails but it has less top speed, then this one with a buff you don't so much want? How are you supposed to make an informed decision with out any informing of the data?

3) Ship equipment overall(Overhaul) Take the list of your cannons for example. From 0 nauti level req to 65 there should be a new cannon at regular intervals and each one should be BETTER then the next. I'll never forget the first time I looted Demi-Cannons. I was just positive by the name and the fact I had never looted them before that they would be something to behold, come to find out their almost lv 5 nauti cannons with a different picture . . . . . . . . .

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
1. It does seem fair, but it also seems OP. If every player on your side of the battle board got the benefit from a Great Juju, there would be no competition.

2. If you had the perfect gear that had every single stat perfectly fit your wants, it would be a bit OP. It would be nice though if there were perfect gear.

3. I believe that is just how the game is. Comparing Ship Equipment to Character Equipment, I got some very rare boots from Marleybone that are on.y level 50, but they are still better than any other boot I found in Aquila. Some lower leveled items that are rarer can be better than higher leveled items that are common.

I hope this helps! Lvl 65

Ensign
May 07, 2009
3) (Ship Equipment)Re-think Maybe a full set of progressive ship armor available as your nauti level increases. This would be a nice way to add some regulated damage mitigation. Don't get me wrong, I do like the excitement that a RNG based combat provides. When you pull the dreaded multi-fail on your cooldown attacks, just running away even though your 10-20 nauti levels above what your fighting, seems weak, somehow.

4) cosmetic and option increase in crown shop weapons. Maybe something just as simple as putting a glow effect on models already available could add things like smashy/shooty to the Crown Shop. As for the items that are there, they all look the same. I'm not sure exactly how hard it is to change color in code, but if it were possible levels in color would be awesome. IE.

lv 0 req Crown Shop weapons Glow Grey/White
lv 10 req Crown Shop weapons Glow Yellow
lv 20 req Crown Shop weapons Glow Green
lv 30 req Crown Shop weapons Glow Blue (current glow on shooty)
lv 40 req Crown Shop weapons Glow Purple
lv 50 req Crown Shop weapons Glow Red (current glow on stabby/shooty)
lv 60 req Crown Shop weapons Glow Orange

This is very close to the accepted color set for item progression in MMO's. Also it is the color spectrum in order, for younger kids.

Ensign
May 07, 2009
DrParrot on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
1. It does seem fair, but it also seems OP. If every player on your side of the battle board got the benefit from a Great Juju, there would be no competition.

2. If you had the perfect gear that had every single stat perfectly fit your wants, it would be a bit OP. It would be nice though if there were perfect gear.

3. I believe that is just how the game is. Comparing Ship Equipment to Character Equipment, I got some very rare boots from Marleybone that are on.y level 50, but they are still better than any other boot I found in Aquila. Some lower leveled items that are rarer can be better than higher leveled items that are common.

I hope this helps! Lvl 65
Ok I really hate to say this but did you read what I wrote or glance and assume you knew?

". . . If every PLAYER on your side of the battle board got the benefit from a Great Juju, there would be no competition."

I didn't say Player or Companion I said Summon, like the bone chant spells. The spells that are Witchdoctor based just like the JuJu line.

".... If you had the perfect gear that had every single stat perfectly fit your wants, it would be a bit OP... "

What does this have to do with wanting to know what the stats on my ship are? The sails adjust max speed, which is not listed anywhere. What if I want a Sail with Benediction yet the Sail without it has +2% more speed? I want to be able to SEE the difference on Max Speed. Not to mention what is max speed for any of the ships?

Sorry if I'm coming off like you're not listening to me, but I feel that you were not.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
drwe on Dec 27, 2013 wrote:
A few things I think would/should/could.

1) The extended range on base stat spells was an awesome idea, but lets finish that thought. Witchdoctors with their JuJu line of buff and all their summons need some help. Summons don't stand still to make sure they're close to you for the buff. You can't move and buff in the same round. Sounds like you only get a summon in your JuJu buff if your lucky. Let's let the summons receive JuJu at range like an Agility toon gets agility. It does only seem fair.

2) Ship stats. OMG this is like looking at the back of a box of cereal, to find the nutritional content of toast. All ship items affect at least one stat EACH that IS NOT listed on your ships stats. Want this buff from your sails but it has less top speed, then this one with a buff you don't so much want? How are you supposed to make an informed decision with out any informing of the data?

3) Ship equipment overall(Overhaul) Take the list of your cannons for example. From 0 nauti level req to 65 there should be a new cannon at regular intervals and each one should be BETTER then the next. I'll never forget the first time I looted Demi-Cannons. I was just positive by the name and the fact I had never looted them before that they would be something to behold, come to find out their almost lv 5 nauti cannons with a different picture . . . . . . . . .
Summons can get a Juju buff. You just buff the one who is going to do the summoning first. Let's say for example the summoner is Scratchy. The more Juju or will you buff him with before he casts it, the higher and stronger those summons will be. I have done three buffs on him and had him cast a summons that was two levels higher than he was. So as long as you do a bit of preplanning and don't jump the gun they can be a bit more that a pet on steroids