Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Test Realm Bug Reporting/Comments

AuthorMessage
First Mate
May 01, 2012
When trying to report a bug or make a comment during combat or normal movement, the action keeps on going, I think the action should be suspended (paused) until the report/comment is done. Suspending the action during the report/comment makes sure that players would not forget to make the report/comment because he/she doesn't want to die or have an encounter that could be avoided. In a long dungeon, that is a definite concern.

Community Leader
SlightlyMadWizard on Dec 11, 2013 wrote:
When trying to report a bug or make a comment during combat or normal movement, the action keeps on going, I think the action should be suspended (paused) until the report/comment is done. Suspending the action during the report/comment makes sure that players would not forget to make the report/comment because he/she doesn't want to die or have an encounter that could be avoided. In a long dungeon, that is a definite concern.
Having participated since closed beta, I definately understand where your coming from.

The problem I think is that since this is an MMO game, they dont have any way to suddenly Pause/Stop the game for everyone. We often think of it as single player, when we solo, but there are other pirates in the spiral effecting the spiral/time contiunuum. ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
May 01, 2012
Thank you Dr. Zeppers for pointing out that pausing in combat would not work if other players were involved. In the case of Ship Battles (both Ship-to-Ship and Melee), I guess it would not be practical because other Pirates could join in at any time. However, if you are soloing and in a fight, it would work. The battle would just take a little longer, but that shouldn't be any problem since there would be no reason to pause/stop the game for everyone and you wouldn't affect the Spiral/Time Continuum.

Community Leader
SlightlyMadWizard on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Thank you Dr. Zeppers for pointing out that pausing in combat would not work if other players were involved. In the case of Ship Battles (both Ship-to-Ship and Melee), I guess it would not be practical because other Pirates could join in at any time. However, if you are soloing and in a fight, it would work. The battle would just take a little longer, but that shouldn't be any problem since there would be no reason to pause/stop the game for everyone and you wouldn't affect the Spiral/Time Continuum.
Until someone came along and joined in! ;)

There is nothing stopping other pirates from joining in on battles, etc.

I have actually circled a ship, and watched the board battle on it, and conversely seen my friends ships sail around my battle when boarded, etc. To me, it was a solo battle, but in reality...in an MMO, you are NEVER actually a solo player.

Think about how it would be to sail/walk along and find a set of ships, or npcs "frozen in time", and be unable to join. This alone would be ANOTHER bug report KI would get. ;)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
Until someone came along and joined in! ;)

There is nothing stopping other pirates from joining in on battles, etc.

I have actually circled a ship, and watched the board battle on it, and conversely seen my friends ships sail around my battle when boarded, etc. To me, it was a solo battle, but in reality...in an MMO, you are NEVER actually a solo player.

Think about how it would be to sail/walk along and find a set of ships, or npcs "frozen in time", and be unable to join. This alone would be ANOTHER bug report KI would get. ;)
Just imagining the heights of technological advancements that have happened for us to even be able to do this, to circle a ship and see someone else's battle in real time. Like how we can zoom in or our sailing ship and see our friends running around on it and talking to us. This game is so amazing. I was so stunned when I saw how interactive this game really is. You guys at KingsIsle are truly masters of your craft and this pirate is genuinely impressed.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
I agree in the case of ship battles - either ship-to-ship or melee on board a ship.

If soloing, regular melee fights could be paused since I have yet to find an instance of anyone joining a regular melee fight. If you are in a dungeon with another Pirate(s), I agree that it would not work because they could join in at any time. If you are by yourself though, I think it would work.

Community Leader
SlightlyMadWizard on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
I agree in the case of ship battles - either ship-to-ship or melee on board a ship.

If soloing, regular melee fights could be paused since I have yet to find an instance of anyone joining a regular melee fight. If you are in a dungeon with another Pirate(s), I agree that it would not work because they could join in at any time. If you are by yourself though, I think it would work.
Well you've been lucky then.

I have people jumping in my melee ground battles all the time.

Basically it comes down to the fact, you cannot "freeze" the game, because its all done in real time, including other players in the area. Freezing or stopping play has the potential to impact a number of players.

You have to see the big picture, your little computer window isn't showing you everything! ;)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dr Zeppers on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
Well you've been lucky then.

I have people jumping in my melee ground battles all the time.

Basically it comes down to the fact, you cannot "freeze" the game, because its all done in real time, including other players in the area. Freezing or stopping play has the potential to impact a number of players.

You have to see the big picture, your little computer window isn't showing you everything! ;)
Good point. I can't tell you how many times I have been sailing through a skyway and caught snatches of conversations as people played. I just loved that neighborhood feeling I got. Several times I was able to answer questions I heard others talking to each other about and I found a few friends this way. Ya just never know who may be near by.