Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

gifting

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 19, 2013
aye my fellow pirate sky way travelers
I would like to take the time to talk about gifting vs. demanding. It truly is a wonderful thing that could happen if some one is gracious enough to gift you, but it is quit rude and even unseemly even for a pirate to rapidity
request to be gifted. I have even had the unpleasant experience of having some pirates demanding to know how many crowns I have. Sorry mates, but this far crosses the line of it never hurts to ask vs. being bullied for gifts. I truly love helping my fellow pirates with quests and farming, but stop looking for a crown daddy to gift you every thing. And demanding to know how many crowns a person has, "really!" is like going up to a stranger and saying how much money do you have on you. Sorry mates, but bad manners even for a pirate.
Please remember the golden rule of it never hurts to ask, politely ask once, then leave it alone. After once it is pushy, demanding and bulling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
sky seeker on Dec 1, 2013 wrote:
aye my fellow pirate sky way travelers
I would like to take the time to talk about gifting vs. demanding. It truly is a wonderful thing that could happen if some one is gracious enough to gift you, but it is quit rude and even unseemly even for a pirate to rapidity
request to be gifted. I have even had the unpleasant experience of having some pirates demanding to know how many crowns I have. Sorry mates, but this far crosses the line of it never hurts to ask vs. being bullied for gifts. I truly love helping my fellow pirates with quests and farming, but stop looking for a crown daddy to gift you every thing. And demanding to know how many crowns a person has, "really!" is like going up to a stranger and saying how much money do you have on you. Sorry mates, but bad manners even for a pirate.
Please remember the golden rule of it never hurts to ask, politely ask once, then leave it alone. After once it is pushy, demanding and bulling.
Hey sky seeker!

I agree with what you are saying 110%. It is true that some people are more fortunate than others to have crowns at their disposal, but what the players asking/demanding for gifts don't realize, is that a good portion of those pirates with crowns worked hard to buy those crowns. Even if they received gift cards or their parents bought them the crowns, the fact is that someone's hard earned money went into purchasing them.

The same players going around asking/demanding a gift don't seem to realize that they will be better suited offering to help on quests (without continuous bugging) or just being generally helpful and nice in the game. This approach would surely increase their chances of coming across a pirate with a generous nature, much more so than saying "hey , can you gift me a gryhon mount?"

Fair sailing fellow pirate