Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which Class Fits Me Most

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
hi I am new to the game and have already started a but I saw witchdocters and how they fight and well I was interested I like to fight close combat but I also like the witchdocter spells and animations I cant see me with a staff so I come to u pirates and hope that your advice will help me decide which 1 would fit me most I know u want to say its my decision but I have thought and thought about it for days so I in a tough spot so plz tell me which class fits me most as I really want to play the game and haven't got past skull island yet.

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
DashThunder on Nov 17, 2013 wrote:
hi I am new to the game and have already started a but I saw witchdocters and how they fight and well I was interested I like to fight close combat but I also like the witchdocter spells and animations I cant see me with a staff so I come to u pirates and hope that your advice will help me decide which 1 would fit me most I know u want to say its my decision but I have thought and thought about it for days so I in a tough spot so plz tell me which class fits me most as I really want to play the game and haven't got past skull island yet.
i like but I also like . I love pvp and witchdocter is feared in pvp but I like the bounty hunter look swash has and fighting style and idk if swash is feared in pvp or not but I can manage with swash but swash is seen around the realms a lot unlike witchdocters I have seen like 50 swash in 1 realm so u can see how hard this decision is. Become 1 of a hundred swash or 1 in a decent number of witchdocters. I hope u guys can help me decide which as u have more experience in this then I do.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well I am only guessing from what you wrote here but since you like to fight closer Privateers can do that but they are usually busy boosting and healing and only get a good hit in if they aren't busy. You will like Swashbucklers and Buccaneers as they get in there and plow through the enemy. A Musketeer will too but will also do some standing back and shooting and throwing bombs and traps. So I think you will like aspects of all of them especially since there are combo weapons that let you pirate get a taste of other styles. It looks like you might enjoy Swashbuckler or Buccaneer the best but you have enough slots to try each one so test them out.

First Mate
Oct 15, 2012
Well, I need some info from you.
  1. Would you rather have more damage?
  2. Would you like to set up traps?
  3. Would you like to be able to heal and buff?
  4. would you like to be the tank class?
  5. Would you like to cast spells?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Well, have you looked into all their abilities and the such? Some of the Witchdoctor spells were a bit hard for me to understand at first, but in the end it was all good.
I can't decide for you, but since you've though about this for days, this is the only piece of advice I can give you. Play both classes. Create another pirate and have that pirate be a Witchdoctor. Whenever you feel like playing Swashbuckler, play your Swashbuckler, and whenever you feel like playing Witchdoctor, go on your Witchdoctor! Of course, if you end up not being in the mood for either of the classes, you can always do the same for another class and play that class whenever you feel like it. (I have one of each class, two Privateers because I get too much gear for them to only fit on one pirate. )

~Quick Pearl

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
Hi,

Welcome at the pirate game , the witchdoctor is pretty awesome, i have a lvl 65 witch and it is almost my favorite class, my favorite class by far is the buccaneer , best advice that i can give you is to try all classes, best way to find out! and i would like to meet ye, if you see a Blaze Carter in the skyway, give a request

See ye in the skyway pirate!

Blaze

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
pirate101 lover on Nov 18, 2013 wrote:
Well, I need some info from you.
  1. Would you rather have more damage?
  2. Would you like to set up traps?
  3. Would you like to be able to heal and buff?
  4. would you like to be the tank class?
  5. Would you like to cast spells?
more damage mostly but I would also like to cast spells as well I like the u are special feeling u get as a witchdocter but I also would like to so flips and awesome moves swash gets as well

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Witch doctor would fit you, you like high attack it seems well witchdoctors kick hide on that.
Because of recent updates Witchdoctors can fight hand-to-hand also, even have a staff and a sword! But if you use for example a staffy/slashy you forfeit natural ranged attacks.

I hope this helps you!

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
noahdd on Nov 19, 2013 wrote:
Witch doctor would fit you, you like high attack it seems well witchdoctors kick hide on that.
Because of recent updates Witchdoctors can fight hand-to-hand also, even have a staff and a sword! But if you use for example a staffy/slashy you forfeit natural ranged attacks.

I hope this helps you!
ok I tried witchdocter and I heard its all bout strategy if u witchdocter plus I fought some crabs in blood shoals to see if I can get 1 as a pet and hard to believe I got beaten by crabs -_- bummer anyway Idk if I good with strategy but I will see if I can master it still though beaten by crabs that good to have on my record.....-_-

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DashThunder on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
ok I tried witchdocter and I heard its all bout strategy if u witchdocter plus I fought some crabs in blood shoals to see if I can get 1 as a pet and hard to believe I got beaten by crabs -_- bummer anyway Idk if I good with strategy but I will see if I can master it still though beaten by crabs that good to have on my record.....-_-
Lol, I wouldn't worry about it. The best way to learn good strategy is to get your tush kicked by a surprising boss then go back an figure out why and change your style to overcome the new challenge. Losing a fight isn't a fail, It's a chance to learn something new. Kan Po Taught my well.

Captain
May 16, 2011
DashThunder on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
Ah, ah, ah. Witchdoctors. For some tips you might want to check out this site:

http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?41391-Witch-one-of-you-is-a-Doctor-PhoenixApollo-s-guide-to-Witchdoctors

Au revoir!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Thunder Hawk on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
Ah, ah, ah. Witchdoctors. For some tips you might want to check out this site:

http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?41391-Witch-one-of-you-is-a-Doctor-PhoenixApollo-s-guide-to-Witchdoctors

Au revoir!
What a great blog Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen this one and it is definitely a keeper.